Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (2 Viewers)

Captain Dart

So just so I'm really clear (obviously because I have poor understanding) - but you're saying that we do not have the resources to keep an up to date list of who plays for our football club? Because we are in the 3rd division and 3rd division clubs don't have the resources to keep such a list?

If you could confirm that would be great.
They don't have the need to do it for external users. Other things take priority. I'm sure they know who they employ & have copies of all player contracts.

robbiekeane

They don't have the need to do it for external users. Other things take priority. I'm sure they know who they employ & have copies of all player contracts.
So not they don’t have the resources then?

Give me a shout when you’ve made a decision on them goalposts pal

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You'd have thought they'd pre-bag up squad names and numbers ready to be fitted (though that'd still leave the chance for spelling errors (and buzzards wrath!). Maybe they do but they'd not had put them together for Chaplin at the time?

I guess they also usually pre-print a few ready but the f#'* up with the shirt meant they couldn't.

GaryJones

I took 20/1 on skybet. Got on email saying it was an error and it should have been 2/1. They offered me a refund and gave me a £5 free bet. Very poor form. They should honour the bet to whoever took it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sure that wasn’t Dongobet bookies?

capel & collindridge

Suppose there's a secret clause in Conor's contract - at Jackett's insistence - specifying that he is not allowed to play against Portsmouth or score his first goal for City until we reach 100 pages on this thread, what would you do?

Carry on posting very slowly (as is happening at present), ask Nick to close the thread (as a protest, in case there really is a secret deal) or help get us to 100 pages very quickly (just in case the rumour of the secret deal turns out to be true)?

Nonleagueherewecome

Looked very lively and sharp today, especially second half when moved further forwards. Linked well with Shipley and JCH at times, great work for the first goal and slotted his penalty away very well. Looks like a player!

Sbarcher

Looks a direct MM replacement. Same running and movements. Maybe even better ball control.

capel & collindridge

Suppose there's a secret clause in Conor's contract - at Jackett's insistence - specifying that he is not allowed to play against Portsmouth or score his first goal for City until we reach 100 pages on this thread, what would you do?

Carry on posting very slowly (as is happening at present), ask Nick to close the thread (as a protest, in case there really is a secret deal) or help get us to 100 pages very quickly (just in case the rumour of the secret deal turns out to be true)?
Bloody stupid post!

Liquid Gold

Did well today, a couple of wayward passes but that will improve when he gets to know his teammates, well taken penalty. We just need to play him up front not in the fucking hole.

Greggs

Top little player, exactly what we needed. Maybe think about moving Andreu on in Jan?

cc84cov

Would be even better with a proper target man partner although I think JCH done well second half.

Chaplin will only get better fitter he gets

Nonleagueherewecome

Whilst he's maybe not express pace as such, he does seem to do everything with an incredible sense of urgency, certainty and tempo that reminds me a bit of Speedie.

ccfcway

Whilst he's maybe not express pace as such, he does seem to do everything with an incredible sense of urgency, certainty and tempo that reminds me a bit of Speedie.

Funny, I said the same when watching then game today.

To be fair, I also can’t get over how much junior brown looks like ant Mcpartlin

skyblue025

Thought Chaplin was excellent today and will improve once he gets to know the team and the team gets to know him. Very much like Mcnulty, can see why Robins was so keen on him.

Nonleagueherewecome

Why? Moan about lack of options, depth and plan B then talk about moving players on, despite the fact they've just come back from a long term injury. It's a long season and everybody has a part to play
Yeah I still think Andreu has a really big part to play this season. It's just that finding a way to fit a no.10 playmaker (a luxury we are maybe not playing well enough to afford just yet) into the side is probably not a priority at the moment when we need to establish a platform and way of playing-which, with the rest of the personnel, seems best suited to 2 up front in most games. And he is still working back to full fitness.

Magwitch

Good debut but feet on the ground time,will need three or four games to get up to speed formation seemed right too, not sure about Andreu good player but does he suit the formation that we had today ?

steve82

Top little player, exactly what we needed. Maybe think about moving Andreu on in Jan?

Would be a bad idea. Bayliss isn’t gonna be able to play 46 league games this season to his full capacity and Andreu could play a role still alongside Doyle/Ogogo or should injuries/suspensions occur

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greggs

Would be a bad idea. Bayliss isn’t gonna be able to play 46 league games this season to his full capacity and Andreu could play a role still alongside Doyle/Ogogo or should injuries/suspensions occur

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kelly and Westbrooke would be more efficient in central midfield

Users who are viewing this thread