Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (2 Viewers)

Seaside-Skyblue

Will be good if we can get to 100 pages..... wonder what CCs favourite meal is? I reckon he'll be off for a vindaloo tonight to celebrate his hat-trick.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I liked the look of him today. He got stuck in and always wanted the ball and to make runs. Some neat touches as well.

For fuck sake though, play him up front and not this stupid nonsense where he is about 25 yards behind the other striker.

Portsmouth didn't want to play him because he wouldn't fit into that system, their fans pretty much said he needs to play off a target man but we stick him in the same position as Andreu.

cc84cov

So what did we alll think to Conor today ?

I think he looked sharp & made intelligent runs I think he will score plenty for us if we can get a target type man to play with him...lovley weighted through ball to Thomas late on to put him 1 on 1.

If we played chaplin from the start 4-4-2 I think he would of scored one of them chances created,second half a goal behind was always gonna be hard to break them down.

cc84cov

Regarding Chaplin listening to Pompey fans I think he will need a target man to play off.we played him behind Baka today 4-4-1-1 and he fed off scraps.forst half couple half chances clipped the bar and went over and for a little fella he’s got a great leap on him wins his fair share of headers.I just feel we are gonna need a proper No.9 with him to get the best from him.he linked the play well today and looked sharp but for me he’s an off the shoulder in the box finisher not a link midfield to attack No.10.Someone like Stockley from Exeter would be a great foil for him I feel.

Magwitch

I agree and of the ones I know about I would have liked Exeter’s Stockley alongside Chaplin too or his type of centre forward, down to finance I suppose or lack of.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think them 2 will start at Oxford but I still don’t think JCH is a No.9 the type chaplin will need to play with.

Perhaps, but what JCH ought to be able to do is occupy some of the Oxford defence and hopefully make space for Chaplin. The next few games will tell.

Captain Dart

So lads, did he sign in the end?

robbiekeane

Its almost like the club shop is run by a third party who employ low / minimum wage workers who aren't supporters and don't know the name of a player we've just signed.
I don't think that's an excuse to be fair.

It's not hard to have some kind of system where you can select details from a list of squad players (an excel sheet could do this for god sake...).

Captain Dart

It's not hard to have some kind of system where you can select details from a list of squad players (an excel sheet could do this for god sake...).

Well the club website still has Peter Vincenti as a squad player.

Nick

Administrator

It still doesn't account for human error though. The people would have specifically asked for Chaplin so either the person wrote it down wrong or has a problem hearing.

You can have the best system in the world but if the person doing it isn't the brightest then it can still go wrong, especially if they are busy.

robbiekeane

It still doesn't account for human error though. The people would have specifically asked for Chaplin so either the person wrote it down wrong or has a problem hearing.

You can have the best system in the world but if the person doing it isn't the brightest then it can still go wrong, especially if they are busy.
Well no...when you're placing the order, if you're not doing it online (no idea if even an option), and you're face to face it goes something like...

"Can I have Chaplin on the back please"
"Who?"
"Chaplin"
"Chapman?"
"No, Chaplin"
"Is that a player?"
"Yes"
**Checks through squad list on Excel drop down**
"Oh you mean Conor Chaplin?"
"Yes"
"Number 10?"
"Yes"
"That's £75 please".

If on the phone or there is a hearing problem, repeat the "Who?" loop around 5 or 6 times.

Or if that's too hard, have a list of players with a unique player ID code that you write down? Fine there's of course scope for human error and you might get an Andreu shirt instead of Chaplin, but the Chapman thing is an embarrassment.

Nick

Administrator
Well no...when you're placing the order, if you're not doing it online (no idea if even an option), and you're face to face it goes something like...

"Can I have Chaplin on the back please"
"Who?"
"Chaplin"
"Chapman?"
"No, Chaplin"
"Is that a player?"
"Yes"
**Checks through squad list on Excel drop down**
"Oh you mean Conor Chaplin?"
"Yes"
"Number 10?"
"Yes"
"That's £75 please".

If on the phone or there is a hearing problem, repeat the "Who?" loop around 5 or 6 times.

Or if that's too hard, have a list of players with a unique player ID code that you write down? Fine there's of course scope for human error and you might get an Andreu shirt instead of Chaplin, but the Chapman thing is an embarrassment.

Which computer are they running it on?

Whenever I have had a name they just ask me to write it down and then put the paper with the shirt to be printed.

Easy as that.

Captain Dart

Fantastic - if you want a Vincenti shirt you could get one. What's your point?
I thought my point was pretty obvious but I suppose I'll have to explain it if you don't understand, keeping a really up to date list requires up to date maintenance & the club is not really geared up to do that, its a 3rd division club with 3rd division resources. Maybe a big club like Manure would keep on top of every squad change but at this level it may not.

ajsccfc

They should use the Wikipedia page for squad info, that's kept up to date more than the official site.

Any Polish staff should avoid their own language version of the page though

DcCSQhZ.jpg

The Manx page still has Coleman, Kyle and Gray listed. Living the dream

robbiekeane

Which computer are they running it on?

Whenever I have had a name they just ask me to write it down and then put the paper with the shirt to be printed.

Easy as that.
No idea Nick I don't work at the clubs shop nor do I check that they are up to standard, but you'd think we'd ensure that our suppliers have a bit more of a robust system than a deaf bloke on the other end of the phone and a pen and paper? And it's the club's duty to ensure the quality standards of our suppliers if they are outsourcing things.

You know i'm not someone to just jump on the club at every opportunity. This isn't that big a deal but it's embarrassing and pretty amateurish for something that's easily avoidable and should be fixed and never happen again.

It's a big signing that there's been loads of build up to, and it's great that it's created the kind of buzz that means fans are paying to get his name on the back of their shirt. Unfortunately (not neccesarily those people tweeting the pictures) we do have a lot of nobhead fans who will jump on this kind of thing to attack the club and it's easy things like this that we should be getting right. Saying (not you) that we've outsourced it and they are on minimum wage and they aren't coventry fans doesn't really cut it.

robbiekeane

I thought my point was pretty obvious but I suppose I'll have to explain it if you don't understand, keeping a really up to date list requires up to date maintenance & the club is not really geared up to do that, its a 3rd division club with 3rd division resources. Maybe a big club like Manure would keep on top of every squad change but at this level it may not.
So just so I'm really clear (obviously because I have poor understanding) - but you're saying that we do not have the resources to keep an up to date list of who plays for our football club? Because we are in the 3rd division and 3rd division clubs don't have the resources to keep such a list?

If you could confirm that would be great.

Nick

Administrator
No idea Nick I don't work at the clubs shop nor do I check that they are up to standard, but you'd think we'd ensure that our suppliers have a bit more of a robust system than a deaf bloke on the other end of the phone and a pen and paper? And it's the club's duty to ensure the quality standards of our suppliers if they are outsourcing things.

You know i'm not someone to just jump on the club at every opportunity. This isn't that big a deal but it's embarrassing and pretty amateurish for something that's easily avoidable and should be fixed and never happen again.

It's a big signing that there's been loads of build up to, and it's great that it's created the kind of buzz that means fans are paying to get his name on the back of their shirt. Unfortunately (not neccesarily those people tweeting the pictures) we do have a lot of nobhead fans who will jump on this kind of thing to attack the club and it's easy things like this that we should be getting right. Saying (not you) that we've outsourced it and they are on minimum wage and they aren't coventry fans doesn't really cut it.

It was a user error of the person doing the shirts rather than a failure of a system. We have systems here at work that are foolproof to the point you get a list of everything needed so you can go to a shelf and pick it up. If the person looking at the list is a bit slow then mistakes still happen.

It doesn't even need anything electric, just a print out of the squad spelling with their numbers next to it to stick on the wall above the printing machine.

Is more of a reason rather than an excuse, would think they would have got a bollocking for it and wont do it again. There has been misprints even when it wasn't Just Sport, they used to sell them off cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread