Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (7 Viewers)

shmmeee

Cole wasn't a free agent was he?

(I really don't believe the Crouch rumour, just trolling)

stupot07

Cole wasn't a free agent was he?

(I really don't believe the Crouch rumour, just trolling)
No, he was on loan initially, then negotiated himself out his contract at villa to join on a permanent dead in January.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As promised, I said I would keep you lot informed. Below is an extract from our local sports page.

Not that the outcome should detract from Curtis’ showing – and neither Chaplin’s fourth goal in three friendly appearances. He remains set for Coventry, while two bids rejected by Cheltenham for Mo Eisa establishes who Pompey have identified as his replacement.

Magwitch

I think Pompey are much the same as us financially have to sell to buy, think they have tried to get a bit of an auction going but sounds Chaplin wants to come here so let’s get it on

GaryJones

Kelly Evans Brothers could have done the same job as Crouch - no worries!
4795166.jpg

GaryJones

Any truth in this? - Or is it the usual Bollocks!
Coventry City Rumours

I understand Ipswich are trying to beat Coventry to to signing of Conor Chaplin from Portsmouth. Ipswich have offered £400k +the usual add ons, which they are hopeful Portsmouth will accept. I also understand it is Chaplin's preference to join the Tractor Boys who he has spoken with former defender Adam Webster, about the club.

Magwitch

There will be on going rumours and counter rumour, Chaplin says he wants regular first team football, that won’t be at Ipswich, something needs to be sorted and soon though, transfer window closes in less than a fortnight.

SkyBlueCRJ

There will be on going rumours and counter rumour, Chaplin says he wants regular first team football, that won’t be at Ipswich, something needs to be sorted and soon though, transfer window closes in less than a fortnight.

The transfer window closes on August 9th, in over 3 weeks....

GaryJones

Feels to me that we have pinned all our hopes on this kid from Portsmouth - surely there are other options within our budget worth exploring?
Think we should line something up in case this all goes pear-shaped!

fernandopartridge

Feels to me that we have pinned all our hopes on this kid from Portsmouth - surely there are other options within our budget worth exploring?
Think we should line something up in case this all goes pear-shaped!

Why does it 'seem to you' that? The club has never come out and said anything about Chaplin, this is all noise on Portsmouth's side.

Robins doesn't do his transfer business in public, he barely even acknowledges that he's looking for players.

Nick

Administrator
Why does it 'seem to you' that? The club has never come out and said anything about Chaplin, this is all noise on Portsmouth's side.

Robins doesn't do his transfer business in public, he barely even acknowledges that he's looking for players.

That's the thing, both this transfer and McNulty have been played out in the media. All of the articles are from Portsmouth's side, obviously trying to use it as some sort of tactic.

None of the ones before really got a mention.

Nick

Administrator
Latest for you guys. Today Jackett has said there are no firm bids for Chaplin that are ready to proceed.

Who to believe eh?

Christ, you would think he was columnist rather than a football manager the amount he seems to keep trying to do his business via the media.

Does he help on the training pitch moving the goalposts? ;)

SkyBlueCRJ

Latest for you guys. Today Jackett has said there are no firm bids for Chaplin that are ready to proceed.

Who to believe eh?

Although we're hardly offering millions for Chaplin. Do you think KJ is stating that to the media to safeguard Pompey. If Cheltenham know you've had a solid figure for him they could be inclined to pump up their asking price. Just a thought.

SkyBlueCRJ

I actually thought it closed before the season started too, I thought the whole point of the change was so things were done before the start of the season??

That was the plan originally I think, don't understand why it's been put in-between the EFL and Premier League start dates though.

Limey

Any truth in this? - Or is it the usual Bollocks!
Coventry City Rumours

I understand Ipswich are trying to beat Coventry to to signing of Conor Chaplin from Portsmouth. Ipswich have offered £400k +the usual add ons, which they are hopeful Portsmouth will accept. I also understand it is Chaplin's preference to join the Tractor Boys who he has spoken with former defender Adam Webster, about the club.
Wouldn't surprise me if Pompey would prefer this. Would we want to sell to a rival club?

Magwitch

Re Chaplin. It’s right what Nick says this so called interest in Chaplin has been played out by Portsmouth and Jackett in particular, I get the feeling they need one out for as much as possible to get this wishfor Eise in. Not a word as yet from Robins on any interest he may have for anyone anywhere, he operates very secretly and so he should

JimmyHillsbeard

Re Chaplin. It’s right what Nick says this so called interest in Chaplin has been played out by Portsmouth and Jackett in particular, I get the feeling they need one out for as much as possible to get this wishfor Eise in. Not a word as yet from Robins on any interest he may have for anyone anywhere, he operates very secretly and so he should

I thought you said he’d be signing today?

jordan210

Anyone got the feeling this deal is going to go sour. Its taking way to long and some of it being played out by the press by Jacket. I don't want us over paying for a player just so they can over spend on one.

Hopefully MR has a few other players lined up.

Users who are viewing this thread