Community Football Stadium - Coventry area (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Franchising is the name of the game these days and for some reason Coventry is at the heart of it...(temporary) franchise to Northampton... RFC Franchise next month...7,000 to watch CCFC v Franchise FC... the real risk of CCFC being franchised away again (Leamington? Really?).

They have probably realised through monitoring this forum that a section of our fans are open to franchise. They seem to think it's fair enough if it makes good business sense.

letsallsingtogether

Priceless.

Coming from someone who also wanted the Ricoh owned by a Hedgefund?
Priceless.

I will always love ccfc more than disliking sisu. You are the one who thinks it's a good move the Ricoh is now owned by a hedge fund. Therebis nothing positive for our club in the Ricoh being owned by Wasps. It's just another nail in our coffin since we sold Hr.

Sick Boy

We can't influence or change anything so we need to move on with getting the best package at the Ricoh we can.

Sisu talk a plan and a few follow blindly.

Wasps have all but completed their plan. A plan Sisu could have completed years ago.

It's funny that all the hysteria around the Ricoh being owned being owned by a hedge fund changes just because they have a different name

letsallsingtogether

Shame our owners couldn't see what made good business sense ??? Fuck me it was staring them right in the face.
They haven't even made an offer for Higgs half?
Then again you can always blame it on all the other parties involved.
People need to see they are a Cluster Fuck and very soon it is going to explode.
They have probably realised through monitoring this forum that a section of our fans are open to franchise. They seem to think it's fair enough if it makes good business sense.

italiahorse

Priceless.

I will always love ccfc more than disliking sisu. You are the one who thinks it's a good move the Ricoh is now owned by a hedge fund. Therebis nothing positive for our club in the Ricoh being owned by Wasps. It's just another nail in our coffin since we sold Hr.

It's not a good move but it's happened and its completed. You can moan and rattle, Sisu can sue and talk about the 'pie & beer' stadium but it will change nothing.

Stop moaning and instead push for something that can be achieved at the Ricoh. Now is the time to do it while Wasps management have put all their eggs in one basket and maybe flexible.

lordsummerisle

Franchising is the name of the game these days and for some reason Coventry is at the heart of it...(temporary) franchise to Northampton... RFC Franchise next month...7,000 to watch CCFC v Franchise FC... the real risk of CCFC being franchised away again (Leamington? Really?).
You missed out Solihull Blaze from your list there.

BrakesFan

One of my fellow Brakes fans has been barred from his local, and looking for a new home for his cribbage team. You couldn't put a word in with the gaffer at the Wheatsheaf could you?

letsallsingtogether

What about Coventry Crusaders the Basketball team back in the 80's they started in Market Harborough moved to Corby and are now in Coventry.

So from Leicestershire to Northamptonshire to the Midlands....
You missed out Solihull Blaze from your list there.

lordsummerisle

What about Coventry Crusaders the Basketball team back in the 80's they started in Market Harborough moved to Corby and are now in Coventry. So from Leicestershire to Northamptonshire to the Midlands....
Think the City needs a new motto on all it's signs: "Coventry, home of the Franchise"

italiahorse

Think the City needs a new motto on all it's signs: "Coventry, home of the Franchise"

I guess most people had to look up what franchise meant before SISU had their nose pushed out.

The question is though, is it a franchise if they don't have your own home?. Is it a franchise if you don't have sufficient fans in your temporary location and have to move to try and increase your fan base?.

Nick

Administrator
I guess most people had to look up what franchise meant before SISU had their nose pushed out.

The question is though, is it a franchise if they don't have your own home?. Is it a franchise if you don't have sufficient fans in your temporary location and have to move to try and increase your fan base?.

ha, weren't you just going on about how people are supporting sisu?

Grendel

So you also support the Mk dons move - as that's exactly the stance took by Winkleman.

Still you used to worship the ground sisu walked on didn't you?

Sick Boy

So you also support the Mk dons move - as that's exactly the stance took by Winkleman.

From what he is saying it seems as though he'd be sympathetic to sisu if they decided to move ccfc out of Coventry as well.

The ones who shout the loudest about sisu now are the same who once shouted down anyone who dared to voice concern about them owning the club.

Grendel

Only those with less than two brain cells.

Remember Italia wa the biggest sisu fan on here - including when they went on a rent strike.

He even invented a little slogan for then - isn't that right Italia?

covmark

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that if you go to support wasps, you won't be supporting a franchise.
You will be. I hope to god they go down the pan.

italiahorse

From what he is saying it seems as though he'd be sympathetic to sisu if they decided to move ccfc out of Coventry as well.

The ones who shout the loudest about sisu now are the same who once shouted down anyone who dared to voice concern about them owning the club.

I don't care about Mk Dons, Wasps or any Franchising. All I care about is CCFC.

The deal is done and their is nothing we can do about it other than try and make the most of it.

Sisu had the chance and messed up.

All we can do is pick up where we are and try and get Sisu to get the best out of this for CCFC.

The JR and the new stadium are detrimental to getting something out of this, as is continually moaning about something that you can't change.

Move on.

Sick Boy

I don't care about Mk Dons, Wasps or any Franchising. All I care about is CCFC. The deal is done and their is nothing we can do about it other than try and make the most of it.Sisu had the chance and messed up.All we can do is pick up where we are and try and get Sisu to get the best out of this for CCFC. The JR and the new stadium are detrimental to getting something out of this, as is continually moaning about something that you can't change. Move on.

I trust that you have changed your mind on going to watch Wasps then?

Personally I am disgusted by the complete disregard shown to us, the supporters, by all sides in this sorry saga. That includes SISU & CCC.

Did you share the same apathy after the deal was done to play at Sixfields?

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that if you go to support wasps, you won't be supporting a franchise.
You will be. I hope to god they go down the pan.

Same here.

The only problem then though will be that the Ricoh will be sold off by a hedge fund...exactly what those who are trying to put a positive spin on this.

italiahorse

Remember Italia wa the biggest sisu fan on here - including when they went on a rent strike.

He even invented a little slogan for then - isn't that right Italia?

That's my problem, when I realise that I can't change what's happened I try and be positive about the situation.

True I supported Sisu until up to 3 years ago when they bought the club when no one else was interested. True I supported them trying to balance the books. False I supported any rent strike or move to Sixfields.

You can see that I will support sensible business practices and fight stupid ones. I only worry about things I can change not things I can't.

Grendel

I trust that you have changed your mind on going to watch Wasps then?

Personally I am disgusted by the complete disregard shown to us, the supporters, by all sides in this sorry saga. That includes SISU & CCC.

Did you share the same apathy after the deal was done to play at Sixfields?

To be fair he has never been the shrewdest judge of character:

Got my season ticket and going to Southampton. I would support Coventry if Mickey Mouse was in charge.
SISU are running the club as I would do if it was my money. With the new fair play regulations all clubs will need to run it this way and so we will be on a level playing field.

Users who are viewing this thread