Community Football Stadium - Coventry area (2 Viewers)

italiahorse

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that if you go to support wasps, you won't be supporting a franchise.
You will be. I hope to god they go down the pan.

I have never liked Rugby and have only said I will give it a try as its only a few minutes walk away.

Are you really that bothered about franchising or are you still holding onto the lame hope that CCFC will one day own the Ricoh?

Ian1779

Same here.

The only problem then though will be that the Ricoh will be sold off by a hedge fund...exactly what those who are trying to put a positive spin on this.

SISU the 'hedge fund' were apparently going to rip down the stadium, turn it into flats.. sell off land bit by bit etc etc....

Apparently the 'honest hedge fund' in place at Wasps won't do any of this....

Grendel

martcov

Yes they can if the lease permits them.

The point of having the lease, is that you can write into it what they can or cannot do. Joy wanted an "unencumbered" freehold which would allow her to do exactly what she wanted. Hence the lease.

Grendel

Which it won't !!

Why won't it? The stadium will not last 250 years its of no interest to the council anymore. There is zero evidence to that effect.

Grendel

The point of having the lease, is that you can write into it what they can or cannot do. Joy wanted an "unencumbered" freehold which would allow her to do exactly what she wanted. Hence the lease.

Wrong that was to protect the remainder of the existing lease to the existing leaseholder namely ACL. Any existing freehold contracts run out 200 years before Wasps' does.

Oh dear......................

martcov

Whichever school playing fields we would build on, I think it would be the end of the road. That people even consider CCFC may be involved shows how far down we have come. Any news on the stadium from Tim?

martcov

Wrong that was to protect the remainder of the existing lease to the existing leaseholder namely ACL. Any existing freehold contracts run out 200 years before Wasps' does.

Oh dear......................
Meet you in 200 years to see how it effects CCFC.

Ian1779

Regardless of that, the point is that people went out of their way to deplore the 'hedge fund' behaviour of SISU, then all of a sudden think the Wasps will suddenly behave not like a 'hedge fund'

martcov

Regardless of that, the point is that people went out of their way to deplore the 'hedge fund' behaviour of SISU, then all of a sudden think the Wasps will suddenly behave not like a 'hedge fund'

To be fair to hedge funds, not all are so hapless as ours.

Sick Boy

martcov has already admitted his hatred of sisu is greater than his love of ccfc- strange.

Ian1779

To be fair to hedge funds, not all are so hapless as ours.

There's a fundamental difference between a hapless hedge fund, and a hedge fund that doesn't know how to run a football club properly.

Grendel

Freehold means freehold. A contract on the freehold is a lease.

No difference regarding redevelopment. I rent a building off the council and they own the land. They have no objection if I redevelop the building subject to normal planning constraints

Only a mug would believe that the 250 year lease wasn't granted for a specific reason.

A lease can easily permit the demolishing of the stadium -- easily

martcov

There's a fundamental difference between a hapless hedge fund, and a hedge fund that doesn't know how to run a football club properly.
you have a point. Ours don't know how to run a football club ( in that respect they are hapless ), but maybe they are successful in other fields.

italiahorse

They have done more in 2 months than Sisu have done in 7 years.
Wasps have at least put the rugger team first rather than themselves.

martcov

No difference regarding redevelopment. I rent a building off the council and they own the land. They have no objection if I redevelop the building subject to normal planning constraints

Only a mug would believe that the 250 year lease wasn't granted for a specific reason.

A lease can easily permit the demolishing of the stadium -- easily

if it is written into it. We don't know if it is, but if CCC weren't bothered what happens, then why not sell the unencumbered freehold?

Grendel

Yet you worshipped the ground they walked on for 5 years

Grendel

if it is written into it. We don't know if it is, but if CCC weren't bothered what happens, then why not sell the unencumbered freehold?

To make gullible twats like you sat what you have just said.

martcov

To make gullible twats like you sat what you have just said.

oh really Grendel...... Are you saying CCC are only thinking of twats like me? They do not sell freeholds usually. Nothing to do with twats like me, more to do with stopping twats like SISU doing stupid things for short term gain. I am surprised that twats like you don't realise this.

Ian1779

By removing it from it's home? Are you high?

Make no mistake.... the financial incentives have driven this move - not the love of Wasps.

Grendel

oh really Grendel...... Are you saying CCC are only thinking of twats like me? They do not sell freeholds usually. Nothing to do with twats like me, more to do with stopping twats like SISU doing stupid things for short term gain. I am surprised that twats like you don't realise this.

Yes that is why they have extended the lease six fold to a Maltese hedge fund with zero track record of success and refused to provide the taxpayers with any details.

They think of people only in the sense they want them to believe them and not question them -- which is a category you very much fall into.

Grendel

Waste of time commenting on this thread. Seems people are now supporting Sisu against the Wasps .

No Italia the only person on this thread who has ever supported sisu is you -- shall I get the slogan out again?

Sick Boy

I've just gone back into the marketing & PR sector, this thread helps me realise that I made the right choice.

Users who are viewing this thread