Cody Mcdonald (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Scored again. There's no doubt he gets in good positions, just needs a run in a team

SkyBlue_Bear83

2 in 2! Sign him up.......oh hang on
Its like 2 in 40 mintutes as he was only a sub in his last game and only played 10 minutes or so today

Also I have only just realised that Aidy Boothroyds Northampton have just snuck into an auto spot currently in league 2

coop

I've always said on here I dont think he's been given enough game time certainly not under MR as I think the chances we create now he would bang the goals in IMO but in MR I trust just think like Saturday MR has no confidence in his bench

ps1948

So where would we play him? Robins has a system which has worked so far, so why change it?
I really want any player in Sky Blue to succeed, and felt McDonald was always likely to score, but rarely did.

Mucca Mad Boys

So where would we play him? Robins has a system which has worked so far, so why change it?
I really want any player in Sky Blue to succeed, and felt McDonald was always likely to score, but rarely did.

Possibly as a lone striker, could try it, assuming he gets recalled.

We've paid so much for him we really need him to get some goalscoring form for us and if sending him down to Gillingham for a month does it - I'm in.

dongonzalos

Robins system has not worked as well at home. We should go two up front and take the game to the opposition at home.

Cov87

Would be good to have him back now, but I would let his loan expire and let him be in the spot light of joy. Might just bring him back in good form to help our push for promotion/play offs. Then he might be good. Was expecting him to be a great signing but so far it hasn't turned out that way. You never know league 2 might be his league.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I've never felt he offered enough to the team in other areas and his general play to justify a regular place in the team

If he doesn't score what else does he offer or contribute to a match?

skybluegod

I've never felt he offered enough to the team in other areas and his general play to justify a regular place in the team

If he doesn't score what else does he offer or contribute to a match?

Well strikers aren't judged on other things its the goals that count.

Also so far what has Clarke done apart from score that benefits the team?

SkyBlue_Bear83

If Mcdonald scored enough goals to make up for his other faults I would accept it but he hasn't

Whilst he has been with us he has scored 1 in 4 maybe 1 in 5. Not enough for us to justify having to carry him for 4 out of every 5 games

Leon Clarke already has the same number of league goals as Mcdonald, however he is more of a target than Mcdonald. He can play with his back to goal and hold up the ball or get in behind

With the system we play as a striker you can't afford to be a passenger

skybluegod

If Mcdonald scored enough goals to make up for his other faults I would accept it but he hasn't

Whilst he has been with us he has scored 1 in 4 maybe 1 in 5. Not enough for us to justify having to carry him for 4 out of every 5 games

Leon Clarke already has the same number of league goals as Mcdonald, however he is more of a target than Mcdonald. He can play with his back to goal and hold up the ball or get in behind

With the system we play as a striker you can't afford to be a passenger
I never said McDonald had done it I just said that strikers are judged in goals. When does Clarke hold it up though? I have seen in play 3-4 times and he only held it up once in those games. He doesn't need to hold it up as we build from the wings then cut inside

SkyBlueArmy12

I find it comical that because he scores on his debut people want him back. To put it bluntly Cody Mcdonald is shit, and in my opinion he always has been since he joined us, he's not a goal threat and his record kind of speak's for itself. Why anyone would want him as "backup" is beyond me. If we need backup I'm sure Robins will bring someone in to suit our style of play.

covcity4life

let him cotniue his loan,if we get need him we can recall him,for now let him keep going

i find it worrying that some cov fans want him to fail though.

skyblue1991

Clarke is a striker. He has scored 3 goals in 5 games. According to you strikers are judged on goals. That's how he benefits the team.

ScottChegg

He's not good enough, he's been given chances and I think MR is right to free up the wages. Something wasn't right....

Stevec189

Trouble is McDonald never looked fit. MR has shown hat if you don't step up to the plate and get fit then your out the door. He dropped McSheffrey until he sorted himself out and I'm sure he dropped Fleck since he didn't look fit. Moussa the same. Maybe McDonald needs the motivation of playing every week to get fit but I suspect if he does well, comes back and isn't putting the graft in he will be out the door. A great deal of our improvement is the improved fitness of the players. MR even indicated as much the other week. This was our great failing at the start of the this season IMHO. PUSB!

Sky Blue Sheepy

Based on the game on Sky earlier, League 2 is far poorer than some of the games I've enjoyed this year watching Coventry. Teams like MK Dons, Brentford, Swindon etc play a good standard in attacking play. Might sound harsh but unless his record is special at Gillingham then I can't see Robins wasting his time.

skybluenewman

Cody was completely out of the game today. To be honest i think he is a league 2 player and i would personally welcome a permanent move for him out of the club

RichieGunns

I personaly wouldn't be bothered if he left.

A very underwhelming and underacheiving player...reminds me of another player we had like that...what was his name...oh yes...Freddie Eastwood!

So I think its time cody moved on!

pusbccfc

Anyone at the ground think, Codys pace would have got us a goal tonight.

More clinical than Elliott from what we have seen this season (Cody has 3 goals in little games)

I'm sure many will disagree though.

Users who are viewing this thread