Cody Mcdonald (1 Viewer)

CovMatt1987

why does a goal for Gillingham mean we should have kept him? he was here - he wasn't scoring, thats why he has gone out on loan.

maybe a few goals will get his confidence back up and he can come back to us a better player but as he was, wasnt good enough. agree we need some back up though.

CJparker

Assuming we start to play 2 up front at home, it means that ROD is our only reserve striker. I'd have preferred to see Cody stay and ROD shipped out on loan.

ggrady

I'd have Cody ahead of rod for te bench! And he scored a few this year he just hasn't been given a chance or a run in the team

stupot07

This will be good for him, games and goals is what he needs. If he gets them, great, good for next season

I doubt he'll be here next season. He's gone to Gillingham to be put in the shop window. He's on quite high wages and doesn't fit in the formation Robins wants to play.

stupot07

Robins wouldn't have put recall option in if the door was closed to Cody

Dntvwry Stu u can still berate fleck

Sorry I don't speak welsh.... ;)

Of course he would, he's not stupid enough to cut his nose of to spite his face. Cody may be recalled but I very much doubt he'll be here next season. We paid £400k for him, this is his second season here and he hasn't managed to make a first team spot his own, despite the drop in level. ROD has been above him in the pecking order recently, and the only way we will get some cash back for him is if he's playing and scoring, which he can't do sat in the stands as fourth choice striker (maybe even 5th behind an uninjured/fit Ball).

lordsummerisle

I agree! No point having an unhappy player whos out of form at the club when he could be elsewhere getting games, scoring goals, and improving his confidence.

Look at McGoldrick and how that move worked in his favour

Well yes, he played at a level where he couldn't score goals, he went back down to a level where he could score goals, scored goals, moved back up to a level where he can't score goals.

Same with McDonald if the pattern repeats itself.

Gazolba

Cody

Of course he wasn't scoring - he wasn't playing. Not even on the bench for the last few games.

why does a goal for Gillingham mean we should have kept him? he was here - he wasn't scoring, thats why he has gone out on loan.

maybe a few goals will get his confidence back up and he can come back to us a better player but as he was, wasnt good enough. agree we need some back up though.

Nick

Administrator
I think it is the same as Eastwood, if he had a decent run he would get goals. It is just for other reasons he wasn't getting a run...

Grendel

Of course he wasn't scoring - he wasn't playing. Not even on the bench for the last few games.

He's scored 10 goals in his whole career excluding league two and non league and he is nearly 27.

Grendel

10 goals in 30 games in the Championship isn't that bad a return though is it?

It's 10 in 59 games for Coventry and Norwich.

torchomatic

Good on, Cody. I like him. He's not been given a fair crack of the whip as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully, he'll net a few and give Robins something to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread