Club Statement regarding EFL vote and stadium situation (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Nampil

And whatever they find how would they implement any decision they make?

Also dont they award damages to affected parties from a fund bucket they have from all the members of the EU? It was mentioned on twitter that its not really as straight forward as more court cases......

The result may affect Wasps it may not, it may effect the council it may not, it could cause more court cases from the ECJ or it could not.....

Nick

Administrator
Gilbert maintains that Wasps have pulled out of talks, Coventry City statement suggests otherwise. Who is lying?
Ccfc are putting it on the official site, wasps are getting Gilbert to push it for them.

It's all trying to pressure and distress ccfc.

Sky Blue Harry H

The league will have to publish fixtures and will have to take account of CCFC/Blues if groundshare, so presume they will need to know for definite prior to compiling fixture list. What's the 'new' deadline for us nailing our colours to a ground. Apologies if it's been posted elsewhere.

Skybluefaz

Ccfc are putting it on the official site, wasps are getting Gilbert to push it for them.

It's all trying to pressure and distress ccfc.
I presume the talks that each side are alluding to are not classed as the same talks and that will be the justification for the confusing message to the fans

chiefdave

Gilbert is obviously being used for PR by the Wasps / CCC side. He's not an idiot so presumably is aware of this and happy to play that role. Even if he wasn't aware of it plenty of people have pointed it out to him on social media.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Where is this about Gilbert coming from seem to be supposition you might not agree with his stance but to say he is "obviously" and"wasps are getting" i think is unfair unless you have proof .Just because he puts a statement out there does not mean Wasps or anyone else are getting him to do so.

Nick

Administrator
Gilbert is obviously being used for PR by the Wasps / CCC side. He's not an idiot so presumably is aware of this and happy to play that role. Even if he wasn't aware of it plenty of people have pointed it out to him on social media.
Probably the same reason as people like David Johnson who assume the agenda makes them massive city fans. Even though they never really bother when we are in Coventry.

chiefdave

Where is this about Gilbert coming from seem to be supposition you might not agree with his stance but to say he is "obviously" and"wasps are getting" i think is unfair unless you have proof .Just because he puts a statement out there does not mean Wasps or anyone else are getting him to do so.
Who do you believe is feeding him information then? It's information, that if correct, would only be known to CCFC, Wasps and CCC.

Garryb80

The league will have to publish fixtures and will have to take account of CCFC/Blues if groundshare, so presume they will need to know for definite prior to compiling fixture list. What's the 'new' deadline for us nailing our colours to a ground. Apologies if it's been posted elsewhere.
I assume they will factor in a possible groundshare regardless so us and Birmingham are not at home together

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Grendel

It might make it a level playing field though, some clubs play by the rules and some clubs don't.

Teams across Europe are under investigation regarding their income.

How is being a hedge fund anything to do with playing by the rules?

What rules have Sisu broken?

ccfc92

As this is a provisional agreement, I hope it will now force Wasps to get round the table again.

Even though SISU are what they are, it could be a shrewd move to get Wasps to lower their demands. Before, we had no bargaining power as they knew we needed a ground.

Sky Blue Harry H

If CCFC and Wasps are talking, there are only 3 main things to discuss/agree

Length of agreement
Amount to pay (incl food 7 beverage cut)
Whether SISU will stump up anything for outcome of any EC 'damages' (don't laugh!)

That's about it, isn't it?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Can’t someone put the clubs statement to Gilbert and ask him if he’s saying the club are lying?

Surely you can’t get away with statements like that if you’re wrong

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

How is being a hedge fund anything to do with playing by the rules?

What rules have Sisu broken?
Please do catch up . They haven't broken any present rules.

I said the rules regarding the owners of a football club should be changed, to stop unscrupulous hedge funds or individuals acquiring football clubs , they don't have the local community at heart .

When Leicester City went into administration, clearing their debts, all them years ago, they didn't break any rules at the time.,but that loophole has now been closed.

So ill say it again, the fit and proper owners rules are not fit and proper and the rules need to be changed to stop the owners removing the football club from it's community.

Ricketts

Football is broken and rotten from the top down.

The days of philanthropic local business owners chucking money in to power their egos is long gone. Rediculous money, TV, gambling etc has changed all that.

There does seem to be a realisation that things must change and sensible businesses like SISU are running clubs within a budget and to a plan. (I know they made mistakes early doors, but lets just look at the last couple of years.)

I would say that SISU now are far more 'fit and proper' than the majority of club owners.

Nick

Administrator
Please do catch up . They haven't broken any present rules.

I said the rules regarding the owners of a football club should be changed, to stop unscrupulous hedge funds or individuals acquiring football clubs , they don't have the local community at heart .

When Leicester City went into administration, clearing their debts, all them years ago, they didn't break any rules at the time.,but that loophole has now been closed.

So ill say it again, the fit and proper owners rules are not fit and proper and the rules need to be changed to stop the owners removing the football club from it's community.

So what do you want to be changed?

The EFL can't force Wasps to allow CCFC to play there. The same as they can't force any other landlord to do a deal, if Oxford's landlord wants to knock the stadium down and build houses what happens to Oxford then, kick them out of the league?

Magwitch

Things won’t change, this was being said years ago before Sky tv money and the Premiership, what has changed is the massive tv money of today small fry clubs of years ago such as Bournemouth, with its 10k capacity ground who were financial backed and the likes of Brighton, Burnley once in can get in with the big boys compete and stay with them.
I suspect on the sisu side of things they have perhaps realised doing a Bournemouth or Brighton is what they should have supported ages ago, bit late now imo.

Grendel

Things won’t change, this was being said years ago before Sky tv money and the Premiership, what has changed is the massive tv money of today small fry clubs of years ago such as Bournemouth, with its 10k capacity ground who were financial backed and the likes of Brighton, Burnley once in can get in with the big boys compete and stay with them.
I suspect on the sisu side of things they have perhaps realised doing a Bournemouth or Brighton is what they should have supported ages ago, bit late now imo.

Don’t think they ever had a spare £70 million to make it happen

Nick

Administrator
It's a bit random people are going off about fit and proper but want millions pumping in the club doesn't generate. See Leyton Orient or Bolton.

The people who shout all the time about fit and proper owners seem to expect millions to be pumped in the club doesn't generate. Ironic really.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Re: timetable deadlines - the fixtures for the EFL are published on 20th June. They would have to know by then (i.e. three weeks or so) where we will be playing, END OF!!

Reactions: vow

Magwitch

Don’t think they ever had a spare £70 million to make it happen
You are correct especially in the Bournemouth case, but the sisu job isn’t to pump millions of their money in but find investors who will do just that, invest.
As I see it the policy adapted when Tim Fisher got the ceo reigns was to downsize to the lower divisions where we still are he admitted we couldn’t compete in the championship let alone the prem.
Apart from this ground issue ccfc look to have steadied the ship a bit their next job is to add some investors if possible, I think they could if there’s the will.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Their 'plan' is to extract as much equity and load the club with as much debt as possible.
Where's the evidence for that? Sure, the rumours may be true of selling Ryton for housing (like Richardson did to HR), but we don't know what their intention is to do with that money (build a new home, maybe?), and the club appears to have been living within its means for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread