Club Statement regarding EFL vote and stadium situation (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipfat

Few questions on this statement should be answered before all get hard on's with regards to if it's positive news.

Is this statement factual in regards to ongoing talks?
What have the FL agreed to in length of time that Brum will be our home?. What plans do Sisu have of a return to the city? And have the FL asked for assurances with consequences that a return will ever be looked at by the owners.

The FL will be happy to make no comment and watch this play out. They are included in all parties that have let the fans down. No power, no balls and sadly no care and attention to how long this has been going on.

Garryb80

Few questions on this statement should be answered before all get hard on's with regards to if it's positive news.

What have the FL agreed to in length of time that Brum will be our home?. What plans do Sisu have of a return to the city? And have the FL asked for assurances with consequences that a return will ever be looked at by the owners.

The FL will be happy to make no comment and watch this play out. They are included in all parties that have let the fans down. No power, no balls and sadly no care and attention to how long this has been going on.
So you want answers to groundshare questions when we may not even groundshare?? You want the FL question answered yet you appear to have done it yourself further down your comment.I am sure if talks were not ongoing Gilbert and Eastwood would have released another statement by now

Nick

Administrator
The other problem I have with what is unfolding is that in everything that Sisu have ever done it has been cold and calculated, it may have been portrayed as last minute but that is by choice to allow minimum reaction time. Why would this be any different?

Sisu have orchestrated this merry dance, have been reasonably certain of what reactions would be and when. I cannot help thinking that ground share is exactly where they expect us to be.

It doesn't matter what trouble that causes for Ccfc because this is getting to the end game for their investors. It has always been about their investors not the investment tool that is Ccfc.

A one year deal when an EC investigation could take longer let alone the ECJ court case etc suggests Ccfc will be gone much longer. Nothing very possibly will have changed this time next year. Which means wasps nor Sisu will have changed position by that time in all probability
What makes you think wasps haven't been going back and forth? It was only last week they said they were stopping talks after they apparently got the news from Simon. Yet the club then said it was a stumbling block previously so they knew full well.

RegTheDonk

Wasn't a provision of the last groundshare that a more permanent solution had to be in the offing?
And whichever way you cut reduced income from lower crowds etc. still going to impact next season's budget.
Think you may be correct, hence another reason why we went back "home" a year or so after moving to Northampton. I guess that was about as "more permanent" you could get at the time.

It's time for the Council to step up and show some support to the club. THEY could put out a statement urging WASPs to strike a longer deal, for the good of the community and fans...while also saying the will support SISU's attempt (ie not block) to make a suitable site available in the Coventry area for them to get on with building their own stadium. A case of put up or shut up from ALL parties.

The Reverend Skyblue

Much more important than the ground issues is the fact we have got rid of Lee Burge and found suitable replacements. We are going to have a cracking season wherever we play.
Ive been away for a few weeks, have we got rid of Oggy too ?

shepardo01

It's time for the Council to step up and show some support to the club. THEY could put out a statement urging WASPs to strike a longer deal, for the good of the community and fans...while also saying the will support SISU's attempt (ie not block) to make a suitable site available in the Coventry area for them to get on with building their own stadium. A case of put up or shut up from ALL parties.
Reg, have you been following this situation? This idea suggests not!!! ........

Sky Blue Harry H

Much more important than the ground issues is the fact we have got rid of Lee Burge and found suitable replacements. We are going to have a cracking season wherever we play.

Oggy has retired. Wolves bloke in his 30s has replaced him.

Re: stadium - Blues ground it is, unless Wasps blink (which I am hoping they do, as they will lose ££££s)

Samo

Just as an aside... Why do people keep referring to Wasps as WASPs or even WASP like it's an acronym? Am I missing something?

RegTheDonk

Reg, have you been following this situation? This idea suggests not!!! ........
Yes, for quite a while shep. Is it wrong to want the council to do this? Is it wrong for SISU to follow through and lay some bricks?

I'm presuming you doubt either would happen. I agree, so let them put their cards, their allegiances, their money on the table. I'm just sick of the bullshit blame game, we all need to know where we stand.

Magwitch

From what I’ve heard from peeps in the club. Wasps moved their position end of last week. Until then it had been full steam St. Andrews. That is now the backstop. Ricoh is now in pole position and announcements about new deal expected early next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Backstop!!......Bloody Hell that word has just made the Prime Minister redundant.

shepardo01

Yes, for quite a while shep. Is it wrong to want the council to do this? Is it wrong for SISU to follow through and lay some bricks?

I'm presuming you doubt either would happen. I agree, so let them put their cards, their allegiances, their money on the table. I'm just sick of the bullshit blame game, we all need to know where we stand.
Absolutely not wrong to want them to do as you say. I'd lay more on SISU to lay bricks than for council to play ball!... and bricks can't happen until they do as we know. Council want SISU gone. Fact. Will not do anything helpful until they are. Some people have known this for a while. They are 100% willing to see club gone or even disappear altogether if it has the desired affect. They have now dragged wasps into it.
I'd love both parties to support the club. Coucil no chance... Wasps slightly more chance... but leaned on by council. Wonder if Wasps actualky knew what they were walking into.......

Magwitch

I’m sure we will be at the Ricoh. Twelve month deal I reckon which imo is good thing, kicks the can down the road while this unstoppable EC investigation happens and when the result of that is known its likely we will be out of the EU which makes things interesting.

Grendel

I’m sure we will be at the Ricoh. Twelve month deal I reckon which imo is good thing, kicks the can down the road while this unstoppable EC investigation happens and when the result of that is known its likely we will be out of the EU which makes things interesting.

The Ec investigation may take 7 years

Johnnythespider

Yep Oggy gone too, but the real surprise is Gray's gone.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The other problem I have with what is unfolding is that in everything that Sisu have ever done it has been cold and calculated, it may have been portrayed as last minute but that is by choice to allow minimum reaction time. Why would this be any different?

Sisu have orchestrated this merry dance, have been reasonably certain of what reactions would be and when. I cannot help thinking that ground share is exactly where they expect us to be.

It doesn't matter what trouble that causes for Ccfc because this is getting to the end game for their investors. It has always been about their investors not the investment tool that is Ccfc.

A one year deal when an EC investigation could take longer let alone the ECJ court case etc suggests Ccfc will be gone much longer. Nothing very possibly will have changed this time next year. Which means wasps nor Sisu will have changed position by that time in all probability
Spot on with your assessment Oldskyblue58, some people just can't see the woods for the trees.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Your right, the EFL have NO BALLS.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What do you think they should do?
Grow some, then tighten the rules for fit and proper owners and then have the BALLS to implement them, even if it means going to court .

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think this is calculated and I expect it to be a cushion as I don't believe we will be at the Ricoh.

That said going to Wasps games doesn't help the situation either.

Grendel

Grow some, then tighten the rules for fit and proper owners and then have the BALLS to implement them, even if it means going to court .

What have the club done wrong?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What have the club done wrong?
Are you having a laugh, where have you been for the last ten years.

One good season out of the last ten season's , that's down Mark Robins and the players NOT SISU.

Grendel

One good season out of the last ten season's , that's down Mark Robins and the players NOT SISU.

From an EFL perspective what have the club done wrong?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

From an EFL perspective what have the club done wrong?
I've already answered you ,the fit and proper owners rules are NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

Grendel

I've already answered you ,the fit and proper owners rules are NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

So what have they done wrong that In your opinion is not fit and proper. Articulate.

shepardo01

Grendel spot on. Not broken any rules. Not broken any laws. Paid players and staff on time. Allowed Robins to spend on transfers (forwards worth around a million quid) Eventually running club based on income from tickets/sponsorship/cup runs etc (this is where any boycott of St Andrews will just ensure things are scaled down (signings/wages etc..... will affect enjoyment and league position more than anything!!!..)) Their strategy has not always been this, we know...but last few years they have ran the club side of things fairly sensibly.....

Nick

Administrator
Far too many people have been listening to the trust shouting.

The efl can't do a thing, they aren't going to give the club to hoffman. Wasps messing about isn't too do with the legals.

Same people crying about ACL but not fussed when it's the club.

I'll be getting a season ticket wherever next season.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Far too many people have been listening to the trust shouting.

The efl can't do a thing, they aren't going to give the club to hoffman. Wasps messing about isn't too do with the legals.

Same people crying about ACL but not fussed when it's the club.

I'll be getting a season ticket wherever next season.
I've not been listening to the trust and I've definitely not been listening to your propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread