club shop a joke (1 Viewer)

coop

Went into the club shop today to buy lad some city training gear and a hoody as part of his Christmas only to see there is nothing in there unles your xxxl I asked and got told they won't be getting anything else in this side of Christmas. Don't these arse holes want to make any money.

sky_blue_up_north

Same problem myself.... its just rubbish won't bother again.

torchomatic

Yeah, I went in there last week to get my lad an annual only to be told they hadn't done one this year. In the end I just bought an orange goalie top. He's got no co-ordination and can't catch so he'll make a great Allsop or Burge.

wingy

Yeah, I went in there last week to get my lad an annual only to be told they hadn't done one this year. In the end I just bought an orange goalie top. He's got no co-ordination and can't catch so he'll make a great Allsop or Burge.

"Sorry Sir we have no Annuals , But we do have Stadium coats for £60 "!

"Ah the Annuals are like the Accounts then ,Always a year late " !!

wingy

OOH and to be fair how can you produce an Annual when you Turnover 15 players a season ,all signed on one year deals and half of them obsolete by Christmas .

Nick

Administrator
I really don't know what they are playing at. It is the time of year that people can be buying their kids stuff, kids who will grow up as a fans. They can sell bloody sky blue santa hats and crap like that and people will buy it, it will make them money. It will get people in the shop so they can be upsold.

They could put something on at the club shop in that massive space by the TV with a santa or something for the kids while they tell the adults about a great deal on tickets they can buy. Few mince pies and a cup of coffee or tea and get people in there.

It wouldn't have to be about a new stadium, it wouldn't have to be a Q and A just people going in there because they support the club. Have Sky Blue Sam walking around Gallagher while people are going into Argos / TK Maxx and stuff handing out a flyer to say come and have a mince pie. It is basics.

How much would it cost to have somebody dressed as Sky Blue Sam walking around the Retail Park around Christmas when it is busy? 60 quid a day max surely? Have him have his picture taken with the kids and tell them about the special offer on Sky Blue Sam teddies, lunchboxes and stuff like that. For a 4-10 year old they would be sold.

We could sit here all day handing them basic ideas like that, it makes you wonder if they do actually have a person internally who does that sort of stuff. What does that Tynan bloke actually do?? Just did a google and found these -

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/stacie-mcdermott/40/338/416?trk=pub-pbmap
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-hornby/4b/a29/930?trk=pub-pbmap
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kieran-crowley/88/74b/7a7?trk=pub-pbmap

Makes you wonder what they actually do all day other than send out an email to everybody in their database every time we have a game on.

torchomatic

Not sure, but what a great name! I wonder if he named his kid after Kojak?

What does that Tynan bloke actually do??

Captain Dart

Is the owners outlook so short term they dare not risk restocking. Makes me wonder if anything happening on take over?

dongonzalos

Just bloody approach wasps ask to share their shop. half your rent and spend the money you save on getting the merchandise in.
It makes you wonder how skint we are if we can't bring merchandise in!!!

Last edited:

skybluelee

SISU have clearly given up. I am holding onto the hope that this means their exit strategy is nearing its conclusion.

torchomatic

I'm only speaking for myself obviously but I'd rather have CCFC stuff. But hey, if yellow and black is your thing, then you go for it, girl. :)

Just bloody approach wasps ask to share their shop. half your rent and spend the money you save on getting the merchandise in.
It makes you wonder how skint we are if we can't bring merchandise in!!!

torchomatic

What like CCC forcing us into admin? I wouldn't hold your breath. I don't think we'll be rid of them for a while yet. Longer now we are tenants again.

SISU have clearly given up. I am holding onto the hope that this means their exit strategy is nearing its conclusion.

Nick

Administrator
Oh and while we are talking about Sky Blue Sam, he needs to kick the Wasps mascot's head in. That would be good publicity at that wasps game, get Sky Blue Sam to run on and do him.

The Wasp thing is there all wavey and smiley while sky blue sam runs on and cleans him out, elbow drops him!

Snozz_is_god

What like CCC forcing us into admin? I wouldn't hold your breath. I don't think we'll be rid of them for a while yet. Longer now we are tenants again.

Now I know you've lost touch with reality, I think you find it was SISU were trying to force ACL into admin & I think you'll find 99% of the Coventry public realise this, but hey it's always nice to be in the minority a torchy?

torchomatic

I'm a Coventry City fan in the area. Of course, I'm in a minority. Maybe you should go back and read about it all at the time. Not as black and yellow, sorry white as you make out.

but hey it's always nice to be in the minority a torchy?

Hcut PUSB

I really don't know what they are playing at. It is the time of year that people can be buying their kids stuff, kids who will grow up as a fans. They can sell bloody sky blue santa hats and crap like that and people will buy it, it will make them money. It will get people in the shop so they can be upsold.

They could put something on at the club shop in that massive space by the TV with a santa or something for the kids while they tell the adults about a great deal on tickets they can buy. Few mince pies and a cup of coffee or tea and get people in there.

It wouldn't have to be about a new stadium, it wouldn't have to be a Q and A just people going in there because they support the club. Have Sky Blue Sam walking around Gallagher while people are going into Argos / TK Maxx and stuff handing out a flyer to say come and have a mince pie. It is basics.

How much would it cost to have somebody dressed as Sky Blue Sam walking around the Retail Park around Christmas when it is busy? 60 quid a day max surely? Have him have his picture taken with the kids and tell them about the special offer on Sky Blue Sam teddies, lunchboxes and stuff like that. For a 4-10 year old they would be sold.

We could sit here all day handing them basic ideas like that, it makes you wonder if they do actually have a person internally who does that sort of stuff. What does that Tynan bloke actually do?? Just did a google and found these -

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/stacie-mcdermott/40/338/416?trk=pub-pbmap
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-hornby/4b/a29/930?trk=pub-pbmap
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kieran-crowley/88/74b/7a7?trk=pub-pbmap

Makes you wonder what they actually do all day other than send out an email to everybody in their database every time we have a game on.

I have just linked in with all of these characters and am sending interesting messages as we speak, being as we made a special trip to the shop from Staffordshire on the return to the city only to find nada I was singularly unimpressed, to see that this is still the case is not good, start of rantathon.

westofrayne

Oh and while we are talking about Sky Blue Sam, he needs to kick the Wasps mascot's head in. That would be good publicity at that wasps game, get Sky Blue Sam to run on and do him.

The Wasp thing is there all wavey and smiley while sky blue sam runs on and cleans him out, elbow drops him!

This is the first thing about CCFC that has made me smile in days. Cheers Nick

Samo

Went into the club shop today to buy lad some city training gear and a hoody as part of his Christmas
only to see there is nothing in there unles your xxxl I asked and got told they won't be getting anything else in this side of Christmas. Don't these arse holes want to make any money.

It makes you wonder doesn't it? A hedge fund, the epitomy of ruthless business can't seem to grasp the very basic principles of retail. Its astounding really

skybluedan

Went into the club shop today to buy lad some city training gear and a hoody as part of his Christmas only to see there is nothing in there unles your xxxl I asked and got told they won't be getting anything else in this side of Christmas. Don't these arse holes want to make any money.

You sound surprised mate the whole club is a joke

wingy

Not sure, but what a great name! I wonder if he named his kid after Kojak?

Believe he took his Wife's Surname upon marriage "SCOPE".

His Maiden name was Wear!!:facepalm:

Their fist born son Is called Perry and every morning his younger Sisters Horror and Stetha dive all over his bed shouting Up Perry Scope!!:facepalm:

Last edited:

ccfcway

just remember, its all about the revenues !!!!!

60p in every pound goes to Pressley, yet we cant give it them, as they dont have the stock !

Is anyone really surprised ?.

There is simply no-one else to blame for this other than the owners, but i am sure someone will try.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It doesn't make sense though, a bit of common sense could see them make some money.

It's a piss take, it's just standard day to day practice to restock and sell merchandise and they can't even do that right. The wooden wheel barrows that operate down the markets are more professional than this.

Hobo

It is sad isn't it. What hope have young fans got for kindling a bond with the club?

Everything seems to be just going through the motions now. It is almost like they haven't got the balls to pull the plug on the club. So they are just going to gently run it down, starve it of any oxygen until there is hardly anyone left to care.

Otis

We've all been moaning of late at the lack of quality news stories in the CT.

'Elephant tramples on wasp in front of 20,000 people' would make a great headline I would have thought.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
:facepalm:If you cant afford to stock a retail outlet at the busiest sales time of year then it doesn't give much hope for the more expensive club purchases like players does it??!

Users who are viewing this thread