club shop a joke (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Have they managed to fix the window from the raid yet?

I went in there before the Notts County game, and it was boarded up, and the white metal shutter was still caved in, inside the shop poorly hidden behind some advertising boards :facepalm:

letsallsingtogether

Never ordered them because of NOPM?

So said he shop manager:pointlaugh:

Fuck me Nigel put him right go Nige Go:)

Nonleagueherewecome

Never ordered them because of NOPM?

So said he shop manager:pointlaugh:

Fuck me Nigel put him right go Nige Go:)

This shop manager is an utter tool. Smarmy as hell. Notice how he always says the full London Wasps, which basically nobody ever does. None of his excuses wash at all and he's not very good at covering up the fact that he's bullshitting and filibustering.

Nige was pretty tragic, though-he thought there was a second leg of the JPT against Brizzle... :facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

So... why then are they hanging on to the club? Just hoping to get lucky? Even if the club is not losing money it will take them longer than the Wasps lease to get their money back. Christ on a pedalo.

You tell me...maybe they're not? My overwhelming impression is that their current strategy is, roughly, "errrrrrrrrrr.........shit........Christ on a skateboard, dunno!"

letsallsingtogether

WOW the spent 30 million on there academy and training centre we want to spend that on the lot.

"At the Amex he is credited as the driving force behind the new £30m training centre and academy,"

robbiethemole

it's all well and good Fisher and Waggott looking at other stadia, but there is one major problems with this strategy....................................they AINT got any feckin money to build it!!!!

Bill Glazier

If it requires investment to make the profit further down the line, no, they won't....because that's how they operate. Christ on a hanglider....

That is quite right, which is why I've never understood why they bought us. Presumably they were originally interested in a quick in and out after getting hold of the Ricoh, and then Ranson muddied their thinking with crazy ideas about running a football club. Investing in and building businesses is just not what hedge funds have expertise or interest in and, as we're seeing, they're useless when they try. My bet is they're desperately looking for an exit they can sell to their investors.

bigfatronssba

Is that when you bought a RR,seriously this could be spin or these lunatics could actually be planning to build.

In fairness my trip to a Bentley dealer was a bit like this:

[video=youtube_share;_-UJAqHhfeU]http://youtu.be/_-UJAqHhfeU[/video]

Nonleagueherewecome

it's all well and good Fisher and Waggott looking at other stadia, but there is one major problems with this strategy....................................they AINT got any feckin money to build it!!!!

That was actually a serious piece? I honestly thought it was a satire...are you sure that it actually happened?!?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You haven't seen the stratergy have you start building then get a council to finish it for you never been done before has it?

Samo

You tell me...maybe they're not? My overwhelming impression is that their current strategy is, roughly, "errrrrrrrrrr.........shit........Christ on a skateboard, dunno!"

They will eventually have to invest IMO. Either that or bump. I am really enjoying the 'Christ on a...' thing. Can we do that all the time? :)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

what tosh, they were spotted at Brighton and Swanseas grounds, were they fuck. who the hell other than Coventry fans would recognize them and inform the telegraph? and what's the chance of a Coventry fan seeing them there let alone at both? pretty close to nil. This is just another PR piece.

Could be as I said.

Nonleagueherewecome

They will eventually have to invest IMO. Either that or bump. I am really enjoying the 'Christ on a...' thing. Can we do that all the time? :)

Christ on a segway, yes! And agreed, the only way out of this is to "have a go" and at least get us a bit higher than the "bottom of the business cycle" before selling.

Samo

Christ on a segway, yes! And agreed, the only way out of this is to "have a go" and at least get us a bit higher than the "bottom of the business cycle" before selling.

Agreed. But Christ on unicycle! (that doesn't work as well when we agree right?)

Nonleagueherewecome

Agreed. But Christ on unicycle! (that doesn't work as well when we agree right?)

It work really well when we win 4-0. One per shot on target.

RFC

I really don't know what they are playing at. It is the time of year that people can be buying their kids stuff, kids who will grow up as a fans. They can sell bloody sky blue santa hats and crap like that and people will buy it, it will make them money. It will get people in the shop so they can be upsold.

They could put something on at the club shop in that massive space by the TV with a santa or something for the kids while they tell the adults about a great deal on tickets they can buy. Few mince pies and a cup of coffee or tea and get people in there.

It wouldn't have to be about a new stadium, it wouldn't have to be a Q and A just people going in there because they support the club. Have Sky Blue Sam walking around Gallagher while people are going into Argos / TK Maxx and stuff handing out a flyer to say come and have a mince pie. It is basics.

How much would it cost to have somebody dressed as Sky Blue Sam walking around the Retail Park around Christmas when it is busy? 60 quid a day max surely? Have him have his picture taken with the kids and tell them about the special offer on Sky Blue Sam teddies, lunchboxes and stuff like that. For a 4-10 year old they would be sold.

We could sit here all day handing them basic ideas like that, it makes you wonder if they do actually have a person internally who does that sort of stuff. What does that Tynan bloke actually do?? Just did a google and found these -

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/stacie-mcdermott/40/338/416?trk=pub-pbmap
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-hornby/4b/a29/930?trk=pub-pbmap
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kieran-crowley/88/74b/7a7?trk=pub-pbmap

Makes you wonder what they actually do all day other than send out an email to everybody in their database every time we have a game on.

Nick as the majority of stock comes from the Far East I'm aware that the lead-time when placing an order is between 16 & 26 weeks! (From placing an order to delivery)

Understand and very much sympathise with everyone but like most problems and situations it's not as straight forward and simple as you'd think.

Guess when we were at Sixfields plenty of stock but then we also had the break-in, not a great situation but with everything else that's happened (much of which is out of the hands of CCFC & the Club Owners), not an ideal situation but things will change.

Noggin

If they are going to leg it why keep this charade up?

can only assume as its because it keeps people off their back until they are ready too. Waiting for the JR appeal perhaps, or untill they get to sell kids in January, we don't even know they actually visited these stadia, or if its just the fact they were spotted thats fictious.

letsallsingtogether

small-stands_small.jpg
This is more like what we will get

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Nick as the majority of stock comes from the Far East I'm aware that the lead-time when placing an order is between 16 & 26 weeks! (From placing an order to delivery)

Understand and very much sympathise with everyone but like most problems and situations it's not as straight forward and simple as you'd think.

Guess when we were at Sixfields plenty of stock but then we also had the break-in, not a great situation but with everything else that's happened (much of which is out of the hands of CCFC & the Club Owners), not an ideal situation but things will change.

When they had the break in they stole shirts,you're right there is a lead time but stock IF ordered would have arrived. Oh I see what you're saying the people who ram raided the shop would have time to calmly walk round the shop picking up everything, and why is it out of the hands of the club owners, its totally in their hands.

fernandopartridge

Yes yes, all very clever... I suppose they sat in a boardroom in London and decided not to buy any Christmas stock and make an extra few grand because 'hedge funds don't do that'. Christ on a bike.

He ain't far wrong. Hedge funds don't buy businesses to run.

wingy

ccfcway

I can imagine it now.....

"hi, is that the Coventry Telegraph. I am at the Brighton FC stadium and have spotted Tim Fisher"...
"Thats great, we will publish a story on this, whats your name"
"er, its Steve Waggott"

fernandopartridge

Of course that's absolute drivel. How on earth is China such a player in the global economy with lead times like that? Why wouldn't you source from home if that were the case?

Edit that's in response to RFC

bigfatronssba

Yes I can understand them being caught out on the sudden demand this time of year.

Christmas has only been celebrated in December for the last 1700 years so I'm sure we can forgive them for overlooking it.

wingy

Try again wingy ...

You really are clueless aren't you ,out of the clubs + Owners hands .

By definition you're blaming fans for not following Fisher to that place .

There would be no issue predicting numbers or fluctuating demand and the loss of Income to the FOOTBALL CLUB without the Actions of

that Idiot ,nor most likely a Break in @ the Shop had It remained where It and the team should have been .

You really are a ridiculous apologist of the Owners incompetence .

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Try again wingy ...

You really are clueless aren't you ,out of the clubs + Owners hands .

By definition you're blaming fans for not following Fisher to that place .

There would be no issue predicting numbers or fluctuating demand and the loss of Income to the FOOTBALL CLUB without the Actions of

that Idiot ,nor most likely a Break in @ the Shop had It remained where It and the team should have been .

You really are a ridiculous apologist of the Owners incompetence .

You been drinking Wingy?

martcov

Yes, like with the stadium...... Can you explain the sudden interest in Stadiums as reported? I thought that the stadium was well on the way to being built for around 30m. Just the small problem of the site - although that will be solved shortly in ........ wait for it.................... 3 weeks. ROFL Why start looking at stadiums when you are so far advanced with P.i.t.S. Stadium?

Users who are viewing this thread