club shop a joke (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

the only stock of the home shirt they have, online or in the shop is XXXXL in a long sleve.

Not a single child top available 2 weeks before xmas.

torchomatic

And that is piss poor. Now I know they got ramraided and all but that was a few months ago now.

Not a single child top available 2 weeks before xmas.

Kingokings204

just remember, its all about the revenues !!!!!

60p in every pound goes to Pressley, yet we cant give it them, as they dont have the stock !

Is anyone really surprised ?.

There is simply no-one else to blame for this other than the owners, but i am sure someone will try.

Torchy is trying.

Yes top post ccfcway. Keep banging on about 60p in the pound and can't even have stock in to sell so obviously it's all crap. Don't really help themselves Do they ole sisu.

I like others hope this is a sign they are going come the seasons end. Heard a few whispers at the Bristol game suggesting sisu's investors are getting close to the end.

SkyBlueCharlie

I really don't know what they are playing at. It is the time of year that people can be buying their kids stuff, kids who will grow up as a fans. They can sell bloody sky blue santa hats and crap like that and people will buy it, it will make them money. It will get people in the shop so they can be upsold.

They could put something on at the club shop in that massive space by the TV with a santa or something for the kids while they tell the adults about a great deal on tickets they can buy. Few mince pies and a cup of coffee or tea and get people in there.

It wouldn't have to be about a new stadium, it wouldn't have to be a Q and A just people going in there because they support the club. Have Sky Blue Sam walking around Gallagher while people are going into Argos / TK Maxx and stuff handing out a flyer to say come and have a mince pie. It is basics.

How much would it cost to have somebody dressed as Sky Blue Sam walking around the Retail Park around Christmas when it is busy? 60 quid a day max surely? Have him have his picture taken with the kids and tell them about the special offer on Sky Blue Sam teddies, lunchboxes and stuff like that. For a 4-10 year old they would be sold.

And to think that I believed you when you said you knew nothing about PR!

Kingokings204

:facepalm:If you cant afford to stock a retail outlet at the busiest sales time of year then it doesn't give much hope for the more expensive club purchases like players does it??!

Exactly people's point. If they can't sell stock at Xmas for all our fans then the on the pitch stuff such as good players doesn't hold out much hope does it.

MichaelCCFC

Isn't the point that sisu are asset strippers and they're now down to gnawing on the bare bones that are left of ccfc? sisu don't produce/create/innovate or even act like a normal business. A bit like the aliens in Independence Day?

bigfatronssba

Have they managed to fix the window from the raid yet?

torchomatic

fernandopartridge

Not sure how this tallies with the cash flow positive stuff. I suppose you are cash flow positive if you sell stock and don't replenish.

MichaelCCFC

WTF are you on about?

choose whatever analogy works for you...parasites? cancer on the club? I thought the idea of traveling from planet to planet [company to company] like a swarm of locusts, devouring each world's [company's] resources before moving on to the next one, works quite well

Otis

choose whatever analogy works for you...parasites? cancer on the club? I thought the idea of traveling from planet to planet [company to company] like a swarm of locusts, devouring each world's [company's] resources before moving on to the next one, works quite well

I'll call them Daleks then, cos they're tin pot.

Nonleagueherewecome

Went into the club shop today to buy lad some city training gear and a hoody as part of his Christmas only to see there is nothing in there unles your xxxl I asked and got told they won't be getting anything else in this side of Christmas. Don't these arse holes want to make any money.

not bothering to order in any stock for Xmas was exactly what the chain of shops I used to work for did shortly before they went bust. They were owned by a Hedge Fund too.

So, place your bets, folks-either a sale or liquidation before the end of the financial year?

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, I went in there last week to get my lad an annual only to be told they hadn't done one this year. In the end I just bought an orange goalie top. He's got no co-ordination and can't catch so he'll make a great Allsop or Burge.

He's almost old enough for our 1st team squad now as well, isn't he?!

Nonleagueherewecome

OOH and to be fair how can you produce an Annual when you Turnover 15 players a season ,all signed on one year deals and half of them obsolete by Christmas .

If we featured in a sticker album still, by the time it came out all of the players would have left! Apart from Thomas.

Steve.B50

Went into the club shop today to buy lad some city training gear and a hoody as part of his Christmas only to see there is nothing in there unles your xxxl I asked and got told they won't be getting anything else in this side of Christmas. Don't these arse holes want to make any money.

Always by the wife something from the City shop at Christmas, sounds like it's not even worth a visit this year.

Nonleagueherewecome

It makes you wonder doesn't it? A hedge fund, the epitomy of ruthless business can't seem to grasp the very basic principles of retail. Its astounding really

It really doesn't: Hedge Funds usually try to make quick-bucks from retail by purchasing failing companies at knock-down prices, stripping out all of the infrastructure, selling anything that they can get decent value from and then either selling it on as a supposedly "lean" company (which will soon fail due to lack of infrastructure) or winding it up. The company I worked for was bought for 1m and within 6 months they'd make a 7m profit from seeling off the customer database, warehouse and the prime retail sites in the chain plus the company itself once they'd stripped it down.

This alone is the main reason why SISU should never have bought us with the Ranson Masterplan-they were getting involved with an utterly different strategy to what you'd expect from a Hedge Fund and longer-term than is their style.

Of course, the fact that they cannot understand the concept of buying stock to make money is utterly equatable to them not getting that you need to invest in good footballers to have success as a football club :facepalm:

Thanks to my personal experience I reckon I've got a claim on being the first City fan to hate Hedge Funds. Yep, even before The Lord!

Samo

It really doesn't: Hedge Funds usually try to make quick-bucks from retail by purchasing failing companies at knock-down prices, stripping out all of the infrastructure, selling anything that they can get decent value from and then either selling it on as a supposedly "lean" company (which will soon fail due to lack of infrastructure) or winding it up. The company I worked for was bought for 1m and within 6 months they'd make a 7m profit from seeling off the customer database, warehouse and the prime retail sites in the chain plus the company itself once they'd stripped it down.

This alone is the main reason why SISU should never have bought us with the Ranson Masterplan-they were getting involved with an utterly different strategy to what you'd expect from a Hedge Fund and longer-term than is their style.

Of course, the fact that they cannot understand the concept of buying stock to make money is utterly equatable to them not getting that you need to invest in good footballers to have success as a football club :facepalm:

Thanks to my personal experience I reckon I've got a claim on being the first City fan to hate Hedge Funds. Yep, even before The Lord!

Yes yes, all very clever... I suppose they sat in a boardroom in London and decided not to buy any Christmas stock and make an extra few grand because 'hedge funds don't do that'. Christ on a bike.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes yes, all very clever... I suppose they sat in a boardroom in London and decided not to buy any Christmas stock and make an extra few grand because 'hedge funds don't do that'. Christ on a bike.

No, they didn't do it because that is not how they operate. It's no more in their nature to do that than it is in mine to fly.

chiefdave

I don't, that is the worrying thing. If a random person can think that up in 2 minutes then what are a team of qualified people doing all day?

Even if they were totally incompetent and couldn't come up with any ideas there's 90+ identical businesses they can pinch ideas off. I can't believe they are that incompetent so it can only be that they are restricted by lack of finance.

Samo

No, they didn't do it because that is not how they operate. It's no more in their nature to do that than it is in mine to fly.

Which is what I said... with sarcasm. Their nature is to make money. Do you honestly think they would turn down a quick buck on some sort of business principle... or almost autistic inability to deviate?

bigfatronssba

Page 8 The Red Button just read it Fisher and Waggott it seems have been to Brightons and Swanseas grounds friends of Brighton owner impressed so it seems.

I once went and looked round a Bentley showroom.

Nonleagueherewecome

Which is what I said... with sarcasm. Their nature is to make money. Do you honestly think they would turn down a quick buck on some sort of business principle... or almost autistic inability to deviate?

If it requires investment to make the profit further down the line, no, they won't....because that's how they operate. Christ on a hanglider....

Samo

If it requires investment to make the profit further down the line, no, they won't....because that's how they operate. Christ on a hanglider....

So... why then are they hanging on to the club? Just hoping to get lucky? Even if the club is not losing money it will take them longer than the Wasps lease to get their money back. Christ on a pedalo.

Users who are viewing this thread