Club’s owners “not prepared to take on the risk” of sharing the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

If people love franchising, they won't moan if CCFC gets moved to somewhere else and pulls in bigger crowds than it currently is then?

We are one of the biggest cities in England with no nearby football competitors. Where would they move to that doesn't already have a football team and that has the potential to generate crowds of 25,000?

bawtryneal

Whatever comments Mr Fisher makes regarding potential part ownership of the Ricoh are irrelevant. Wasps have no current or future plans to have a partner at the Ricoh.

Sky Blue Pete

Whatever comments Mr Fisher makes regarding potential part ownership of the Ricoh are irrelevant. Wasps have no current or future plans to have a partner at the Ricoh.
Other than they recognise the benefits of having two major sports teams at the site

martcov

No current plans, yes. Future plans nobody knows, but I would at least talk to them and ask speculative questions about future possibilities. I don't think CCFC will have any future without a decent sized stadium in Coventry. Offering them the golden share and any remaining assets in return for a percentage in shares of the wasps holding company would be an option. CCFC would then be under joint ownership - if accepted. If not at least the attempt was made. Then absorb the remaining debts etc. back into the SISU empire - if possible. Whatever happens, just talking about a stadium whilst watching the demise of Coventry City is not the best or only option for Fisher.

Otis

I’ve put a few thoughts about this on the Wasps bit of the forum. I admire your principled stand, but think it’s more complicated than you believe. Tell me where Wasps should really be playing now - on the other sub-forum of course :)

It is. It is not just black and white. I am against franchising and was against Wasps coming here, but their situation and history has been tangled, not straightforward and rather muddied.

I think you can be totally against franchising but understand why Wasps moved here from Wycombe.

Let's face it, they should never have been in Wycombe in the first place. Anyway, this is all old ground, but as with most things, it is not just black and white.

Nick

Administrator
This is the only forum I visit where the admin spends most of his time WUMing.

Oh no, people don't agree with you. :(

It was a simple question I asked, does turning it round asking what people would think if it happened to us class as WUMing then?

"the admin" is a person, with a name.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry - the question is easy to answer. If CCFC were moved elsewhere I'd be furious because they absolutely belong in Coventry.

With Wasps it's different - do they belong in Wycombe where they built up a bigger fan base after being moved out of London many years ago ("franchised" if you insist on that vague term)? Or would you help them out by putting them back where you think they belong in London? The obvious answer is that it's ridiculous for us to tell them what to do. It's up to them to decide, and their fans seem pretty happy with Coventry to me.

So what you mean is it is fine for everybody else but Coventry to do it?

People are fighting their hardest to defend Wasps moving and justify it, simply because "we can't tell them what to do" but if the same thing happened to CCFC then they would be furious?

bigfatronssba

It is. It is not just black and white. I am against franchising and was against Wasps coming here, but their situation and history has been tangled, not straightforward and rather muddied.

I think you can be totally against franchising but understand why Wasps moved here from Wycombe.

Let's face it, they should never have been in Wycombe in the first place. Anyway, this is all old ground, but as with most things, it is not just black and white.

That's my view as well.

London Wasps were wrong to move from London to Wycombe.

How does a London team moving around outside of London make any difference to that?

Nick

Administrator
That's my view as well.

London Wasps were wrong to move from London to Wycombe.

How does a London team moving around outside of London make any difference to that?

So if we had moved an extra 40 miles from Coventry while we were at Northampton it would have been ok?

bigfatronssba

So if we had moved an extra 40 miles from Coventry while we were at Northampton it would have been ok?

For those that were boycotting it wouldn't have made a difference.

Those going to Sixfields, the principle of it wouldn't have changed either. Only the distance, so the reasons for them to be against it would be all about convenience.

Noggin

If people love franchising, they won't moan if CCFC gets moved to somewhere else and pulls in bigger crowds than it currently is then?

oh look a thread where sisu's true colors are shown again and once again we have Grendel and Nick rushing to take the discussion as far away as possible. Havn't we already discussed the moral aspects of moving wasps to death, it's completely irrelevant to this thread though whether you think franchising is always unacceptable or that it can sometimes be necessary even though it sucks.

skybluetony176

Presumably that's a question aimed at Suxfield attendees as the vast majority of our fan base never stepped foot in the dump and never would.

Nick

Administrator
Presumably that's a question aimed at Suxfield attendees as the vast majority of our fan base never stepped foot in the dump and never would.

Well no, it is aimed at people who are saying it is ok because they had already moved before moving here?

Nick

Administrator
For those that were boycotting it wouldn't have made a difference.

Those going to Sixfields, the principle of it wouldn't have changed either. Only the distance, so the reasons for them to be against it would be all about convenience.

Well it would have wouldn't it, it would have no longer been a temporary move which would have made a lot of difference. The principle would have changed a fair bit.

Nick

Administrator
oh look a thread where sisu's true colors are shown again and once again we have Grendel and Nick rushing to take the discussion as far away as possible. Havn't we already discussed the moral aspects of moving wasps to death, it's completely irrelevant to this thread though whether you think franchising is always unacceptable or that it can sometimes be necessary even though it sucks.

I am not trying to take it anywhere, I was replying to other posts.

You are right though, us moving away was in the past so we shouldn't talk about it any more. That is how it works right?

bigfatronssba

Well it would have wouldn't it, it would have no longer been a temporary move which would have made a lot of difference. The principle would have changed a fair bit.

But surely if your against something on principal it doesn't matter if its temporary or permanent? After all there was no evidence to suggest Ccfc would ever come back.

Or, as I believe, doesn't this show that the Wasps/Northampton situations are completely different and its wrong to try and compare them?

Nick

Administrator
But surely if your against something on principal it doesn't matter if its temporary or permanent? After all there was no evidence to suggest Ccfc would ever come back.

Or, as I believe, doesn't this show that the Wasps/Northampton situations are completely different and its wrong to try and compare them?

Temporary or Permanent makes a lot of difference doesn't it? I have said plenty of times I'd never have gone to watch Coventry City 30 miles away if it was a permanent move, while it was temporary I would if I could but the moment it changed to "we are here for life" then that would have been the cut off point.

Surely if you are against something on principal that follows through in general to it happening to other people / teams too rather than just yourself?

Noggin

I am not trying to take it anywhere, I was replying to other posts.

You are shitting on the thread by deliberately turning it into an argument with your usual so it would be ok if they moved us nonsense, when you know full well no one would consider it acceptable if we were moved 80 miles, next will be your usual well thats hypocritical nonsense which I won't reply to again because I've responded to that at least twice in the past with a long response, you just keep on making the same comment over and over though in many threads.

You are right though, us moving away was in the past so we shouldn't talk about it any more. That is how it works right?

This is why you get called a sisu sympathiser, you've just gotten a piece of information about sisu that shows that had no intention of buying the ricoh with the loan attached, that their offer for half the stadium was not sincere and instead of being furious about being mislead, instead of wanting to discuss this all you want to do is try and make fellow fans think they are hypocrites and cause arguments on a matter that is pretty close to completely unrelated.

Nick

Administrator
OK, so I will wait for you to have a go at Norman who I was replying to?

Is this information from Tim Fisher, the bloke who couldn't lie straight in bed or Tim Fisher the bloke who only speaks the truth by the way? Are we believing everything he says this week when it can be used against him?

Has anybody asked Wasps whether they would sell CCFC 50%? I doubt they would.
Was there ever any chance of us getting 50% once Wasps got the first 50%? Nope.

It personally sounds like sour grapes to me in those comments.

The Lurker

Glad to see the usual sisu sympathisers are turning this thread into another bash at wasps.

Basically look at the facts. When Cov moved to sixfields attendances dropped to 1,500. Look at that compared to wasps. Attendances from 4,000 to 23,000.

What does that tell you?

stupot07

Glad to see the usual sisu sympathisers are turning this thread into another bash at wasps.

Basically look at the facts. When Cov moved to sixfields attendances dropped to 1,500. Look at that compared to wasps. Attendances from 4,000 to 23,000.

What does that tell you?

That Coventry is the home of the bandwagon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
It tells me that it would be fine if CCFC moved 80 miles and jumped from 8,000 to 18,000 for the first couple of games and everybody on here would be justifying it? That if a team is getting bad attendances in one location then it must be ok to move to somewhere else to get the attendance up again?

Noggin

OK, so I will wait for you to have a go at Norman who I was replying to?

Is this information from Tim Fisher, the bloke who couldn't lie straight in bed or Tim Fisher the bloke who only speaks the truth by the way?

Normans post wasn't trying to cause an argument, You know full well what happens to a thread when you post what you did because you've done it so many times.

Oh that one again, we should play bullshit bingo, Tim Fisher is always completely untrustworthy, So your view is because Fisher lies alot, instead of discussing his comments we should argue about franchising again?.

You should take a look at how you post because you really have become a Wum, it's nothing to do with people just having different views to you, thats completely legitimate.

Calista

So what you mean is it is fine for everybody else but Coventry to do it?

People are fighting their hardest to defend Wasps moving and justify it, simply because "we can't tell them what to do" but if the same thing happened to CCFC then they would be furious?

A total misrepresentation of my view. I haven't got time to say more now, you'll be relieved to hear :)

bigfatronssba

Temporary or Permanent makes a lot of difference doesn't it? I have said plenty of times I'd never have gone to watch Coventry City 30 miles away if it was a permanent move, while it was temporary I would if I could but the moment it changed to "we are here for life" then that would have been the cut off point.

Surely if you are against something on principal that follows through in general to it happening to other people / teams too rather than just yourself?

When Wasps moved to Wycombe did they have any plans to move back to London?

As for principle, its obvious your going to care about something more when it affects you. For me, do I think Wasps are wrong to leave London? Yes. Do I care? Not really.

The Lurker

Stu and nick jump straight on it lol.

It tells me and most neutral people that wasps seen a gap in the market and pounced on it. Sign of a good business man. Sisu on the other hand moved a club 40 miles away to distress ACL and hardly anyone agreed hence the low low crowds.

Sky Blue Kid

Temporary or Permanent makes a lot of difference doesn't it? I have said plenty of times I'd never have gone to watch Coventry City 30 miles away if it was a permanent move, while it was temporary I would if I could but the moment it changed to "we are here for life" then that would have been the cut off point. Surely if you are against something on principal that follows through in general to it happening to other people / teams too rather than just yourself?
Do you watch Solihull Blaze(Barons) at the "Sky Dome" Nick?

Nick

Administrator
Normans post wasn't trying to cause an argument, You know full well what happens to a thread when you post what you did because you've done it so many times.

Oh that one again, we should play bullshit bingo, Tim Fisher is always completely untrustworthy, So your view is because Fisher lies alot, instead of discussing his comments we should argue about franchising again?.

You should take a look at how you post because you really have become a Wum, it's nothing to do with people just having different views to you, thats completely legitimate.

So because I replied with a different opinion in direct reply to his post people don't like it?

No, my view is that if people say "Tim Fisher always speaks bullshit, tim fisher is a lying bastard" they shouldn't then suddenly believe certain things and use them as hardcore evidence to make them look bad.

So it is a WUM to basically take people's arguments for Wasps and turn them round and ask how it would be if it was CCFC? Not sure how that is wumming to be honest. If me asking "would that be ok if it was CCFC" really upsets people then maybe that says it all.

Nick

Administrator

It tells me and most neutral people that wasps seen a gap in the market and pounced on it. Sign of a good business man. Sisu on the other hand moved a club 40 miles away to distress ACL and hardly anyone agreed hence the low low crowds.

Oh are we talking about business now or sports clubs with fans, history and roots?

Like I said, would it be ok if SISU saw a gap in the market and moved us? I am obviously just wumming by turning it round, or it is because people will say no it isn't but it is ok for Wasps.

Moff

When Wasps moved to Wycombe did they have any plans to move back to London?

Yes I do believe they did. Similar to Saracens, except Saracans followed their vision through and built their own stadium back in their own heartlands, whilst Wasps moved again, this time 80 miles further from thier traditional home.

rondog1973

So because I replied with a different opinion in direct reply to his post people don't like it?

No, my view is that if people say "Tim Fisher always speaks bullshit, tim fisher is a lying bastard" they shouldn't then suddenly believe certain things and use them as hardcore evidence to make them look bad.

So it is a WUM to basically take people's arguments for Wasps and turn them round and ask how it would be if it was CCFC? Not sure how that is wumming to be honest. If me asking "would that be ok if it was CCFC" really upsets people then maybe that says it all.
What was the OP about again?

Nick. Attempting to expose a hypocrisy that isn't really there in order to justify his Sixfields attendance since Dec 2014....

Nick

Administrator
What was the OP about again?

Nick. Attempting to expose a hypocrisy that isn't really there in order to justify his Sixfields attendance since Dec 2014....

I don't need to justify anything, I went to watch my team play football.

The OP was about Tim Fisher now only speaking the truth. No mention of the Wasps deal being 100% from the start.

italiahorse

That Coventry is the home of the bandwagon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Where do people hope to take this ?
Wasps are here to stay, this is their home.
It appears to affect nobody negatively.
Overnight we have become a Rugby powerhouse with 2 teams doing well in the area.
This time last year nobody was talking or supporting Rugby now it's big news.
The usual few are boring me. It's done FFS so move on.

Grendel

So what you are saying is sisu shouldn't have distressed ACL - they should have found another hedge fund from I don't know Florida or Malta who themselves were distressing a management company some 80 miles away and fed off the dying carcass?

Great plan.

Users who are viewing this thread