Clarke hands in transfer request (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Well it seems like it took us quite a long time to replace Thorn with someone suitable what date did Mr Pressley join?

Robins wasn't suitable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Someone must be interested and tapped him up for him to hand in a transfer request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

AFCCOVENTRY

I think Waggott just mentioned that Clarke wants to play at a higher level, so probably a mid-low level team in Championship is after him.

savosdad

Banned
It doesn't even make the news on BBC Sport that's how important it is, so lets not get ourselves in a flap Marlon never made it he may have had more money but nothing else happened to excite anyone

thaiskyblue

It doesn't even make the news on BBC Sport that's how important it is, so lets not get ourselves in a flap Marlon never made it he may have had more money but nothing else happened to excite anyone
villa are playing tonight ,midland bbc won't give a flying about any other teams.

Given our current predicament in the striking department with Callum Wilson out for a lengthy period Clarke obviously doesn't give a stuff about the club and supporters with the timing of his transfer request.
Okay he's a decent striker at this level but I've never been convinced about his attitude and he comes across as lazy.
He's either been tapped up or does not like the high fitness level regime under Pressley.
Could have stayed until the summer to help with the play off push but if he goes good riddance, we don't want to hang on to a Judas in the camp.

Grendel

How did it pan out?

We're we intending to sign a new manager for a few months or a few seasons?

So no.

Interesting. So are you saying signing a player with 13 clubs in 10 seasons was also a mistake?

Mr T - Sukka!

Not to bothered about Leon going to be fair.

Was also not 2 fussed when the 2 late goals went in on Sunday.

It was just like ah well shit happens.

Guess thats what happens when clubs move away 35 miles from its home!

Tonylinc

Have not read all of the thread so if already posted I apologise but LC is a professional footballer who, like all of them, wants to play in front of the biggest audience as possible. He is currently playing in front of some 1500 fans 35 miles away from his home for owners who are reluctant to invest and with absolutely no end to this situation in sight. Like all of us he would want to increase his pay but until we get promotion/stadium income streams there is no chance of that happening. So, the question is.....what would you do?

Sky Blue Harry H

Whilst I whole heartily agree with you ... they just won't ... they will no doubt sanction a new striker ... but he will be a lucky dip / unknown quantity from a lower league and hope Pressley can develop him ... bit like Slager.

I tend to agree with you. They can't pay a fee (only later, when embargo lifted) and can only pay % of wages of outgoing players - so it's an ever decreasing circle (i.e. 3 got to go, to get 2 in - crudely, albeit we've got a credit or two from previous outgoings) My worry is, anybody half decent, or half sh^te, then there is competition for them - even a target of ours who plays for Dagenham is being watched by Bradford (funds from Wells), so guess what when it comes to a decision from him re: wages?! or....'come look at our nice stadium':thinking about:

woody11462

Have not read all of the thread so if already posted I apologise but LC is a professional footballer who, like all of them, wants to play in front of the biggest audience as possible. He is currently playing in front of some 1500 fans 35 miles away from his home for owners who are reluctant to invest and with absolutely no end to this situation in sight. Like all of us he would want to increase his pay but until we get promotion/stadium income streams there is no chance of that happening. So, the question is.....what would you do?

Fair point but he also runs the risk of going somewhere and either losing his form or becoming a squad player (and therefor hardly playing in front of a big crowd). He also has the issue of uprooting his family if he doesn't stay local because I don't think his transfer request is dependant on getting a local move. And by submitting a request he has made a rod for his own back if the move he wants doesn't materialise.

His wages weren't so poor when he signed his contract, i'm sure he has been living comfortable enough since he signed for us. So he has to weigh up what is most important for him. Clearly it is more money. And if he doesn't want to stay then good luck to him.

Grendel

Is that the reason he has left all previous 13 clubs. He'd play in front of 10 people if the signing on fee was good enough.

Grendel

woody11462

Is that the reason he has left all previous 13 clubs. He'd play in front of 10 people if the signing on fee was good enough.

I think this is spot on. No doubt he will us the 'Sixfields debacle' as a reason if he explains why he wanted to leave when he does move but it is not the main reason. He just knows with the off field shit going on he can use it to paint himself in a better light.

Tell you what though, his agent must be making some money with all these signing on fees, maybe he's forcing the move because he's trying to fund a gambling addicition or something. I remember he gave an interveiw after one of the games (possibly Oldham?) where he was saying that some of the players need to grow up fast, he seemed really pissed off and I thought then is he getting unsettled.

It's just a shame as it was only the other week that he stated that he isn't letting the transfer rumours affect him but clearly that has changed. I thought this would be a chance for him to really settle at a club, not too far form his family, found excellent form and loved byt he fans. But I guess money talks.

Colonel Mustard

Countless players at countless clubs - big and small, domestic and foreign - have put in transfer requests at the first sign of potential advancement. Nothing new or unique to SISU here.

torchomatic

Exactly. Unless Wells left Bradford in sympathy for us playing 34 miles away from home. Nothing to do with our "situation". Just the life of a professional footballler. As I said earlier, we'll have a new hero before too long.

Countless players at countless clubs - big and small, domestic and foreign - have put in transfer requests at the first sign of potential advancement. Nothing new or unique to SISU here.

Last edited:

Astute

You love stretching the truth Grendull.

At least 7 of the clubs he has played for were loans. There has only ever been one fee paid. That was for a massive 300k.

torchomatic

Maybe so, but even after stripping out the loans he's still had six clubs. I think you're stretching it a bit too.

At least 7 of the clubs he has played for were loans. There has only ever been one fee paid. That was for a massive 300k.

Grendel

So 6 clubs and 7 loans from the six clubs. Clearly a role model of stability.

I've never forgiven sisu for selling Dennis Mortimer to be honest.

ccfclinney

I really dont get why leon has handed in a transfer request ? couple of weeks ago said he was the happiest and scoring most in his carrer. So why on earth would he be in such a rush to leave ?
With no bids even made for him seems a bit bizzare wanting to leave like that ? maybe if we had rejected a couple of offers for him, but noone has even bid?

Very strange if you ask me. Will all come out in the wash i guess.

Astute

Maybe so, but even after stripping out the loans he's still had six clubs. I think you're stretching it a bit too.

Stretching what? Why is it when someone points out the truth with facts you say it is stretching it a bit?

I think going to Northampton is damaging your last few brain cells :D

D

Deleted member 4439

I really dont get why leon has handed in a transfer request ? couple of weeks ago said he was the happiest and scoring most in his carrer. So why on earth would he be in such a rush to leave ?

Really? I thought he was bemoaning the fact that he's having to score goals only for the opposition to nullify his efforts a minute later by scoring. Ooh look, happened on Sunday again, albeit without Leon.

Grendel

Stretching what? Why is it when someone points out the truth with facts you say it is stretching it a bit?

I think going to Northampton is damaging your last few brain cells :D

The truth as you put it is even worse. The last 3 clubs he's been at he has spent a year at and was loaned out by all those clubs.

He lasted 3 years at Sheffield Wednesday early in his career but was loaned twice.

Clarke moving clubs is hardly going to shock the sporting world.

He's played far more games for us than a but 2 clubs he's played for.

He may be entitled to a testimonial given he's managed to start a second season here.

Users who are viewing this thread