City's Hardest XI - Take No Prisoners (1 Viewer)

DannyThomas_1981

Lots of good candidates for this one and I'm sure I'm missing some impressive names on the team sheet.

Take no prisoners XI:

Sealey. In a position marked by craziness, Les (RIP) took it to whole new levels. East London gangster swagger so could phone some heavy connections if anything happened on the pitch (with concrete boots on fast order).

Dabo. Want to include a current player. Always the first to rush in if there's any aggro or exact revenge. Brilliant. Given the way he plays on the edge it's amazing he doesn't have a more impressive collection of red cards.

Kilkline. Fearsome on and off the pitch. Lots of stories.
Curtis. Completely intimidated the 87 team when he was in his 50s. City's hardest player of all time.
Billing. Just look at him. Enough said.

Stuart Pearce. Wasn't called pyscho for nothing.

Steve Hunt. Once saw him spark out a Saints player with a head-butt which was no accident. Think I read on here once he was a black belt in judo or something similar.
McGrath. Silent assassin.
Yorath. In one of the best City sides ever, Terry was brilliant and most importantly the enforcer.

Hartson. Kicked a team mate in the head. In training.
Mick Harford. One of the hardest players to play in the Premier League. Only 1 game for us. 1 goal. He's in deservedly by hard earned reputation elsewhere.

Imagine that lot walking out together in their prime - absolute carnage.

clint van damme

Lots of good candidates for this one and I'm sure I'm missing some impressive names on the team sheet.

Take no prisoners XI:

Sealey. In a position marked by craziness, Les (RIP) took it to whole new levels. East London gangster swagger so could phone some heavy connections if anything happened on the pitch (with concrete boots on fast order).

Dabo. Want to include a current player. Always the first to rush in if there's any aggro or exact revenge. Brilliant. Given the way he plays on the edge it's amazing he doesn't have a more impressive collection of red cards.

Curtis. Completely intimidated the 87 team when he was in his 50s. City's hardest player of all time.

Steve Hunt. Once saw him spark out a Saints player with a head-butt which was no accident. Think I read on here once he was a black belt in judo or something similar.
Yorath. In one of the best City sides ever, Terry was brilliant and most importantly the enforcer.

Mick Harford. One of the hardest players to play in the Premier League. Only 1 game for us. 1 goal. He's in deservedly by hard earned reputation elsewhere.

Sealey was a dirty fucking snake.

DannyThomas_1981

Mick Ferguson as a possible addition. Big man, Brilliant beard. Must have been a nightmare to defend against. One of our best ever forwards in my view. Never took a backward step.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Way before my time but Jim Holton I seem to remember was considered a hardman by some older acquaintances

This also popped up while googling him Top 10 Hard Men

skysblue

Take no prisoners XI:

George Curtis

DannyThomas_1981

John Gayle has to come off the bench in that team. He was an animal.

I played in a semi-professional team and we had a forward exactly like that - often introduced in the final 20 minutes to add a "different dimension" as the manager went old school if we were winning games and gave the orders to put it into the mixer to this animal.

We played pro-teams in the close season and they absolutely hated this guy coming onto the pitch. Hated it with a passion and the complaints continued long after the match. It was hard not to laugh at the reaction of these seasoned pros as the bruiser threw himself around. Gave the lads a lift. I've never seen a more limited footballer at that level though.

wantageskyblue

I’d add Sam Allardyce to the list - iirc him and Harford were going at it all game at St. Andrews mid 80s and it was Harford who went off battered and covered in blood.

ajsccfc

There's a great clip of Mick Harford, the opposition had just scored and are doing some kind of group celebration on the ground when Harford just walks through and basically on them. Not a single one does anything

Sky Blue Harry H

Way before my time but Jim Holton I seem to remember was considered a hardman by some older acquaintances

This also popped up while googling him Top 10 Hard Men

Played Birmingham at Highfield Road, and a Blues player tried to get at at Ian Wallace iirc. Out came Jim Holton's arm. End of intended assault on Wallace!

Also - Donal Murphy gets a mention for getting sent off for kicking a Blues player in the unmentionables. Funniest thing I'd ever seen on a football pitch at the time, in terms of lack of subtlety.

wantageskyblue

Played Birmingham at Highfield Road, and a Blues player tried to get at at Ian Wallace iirc. Out came Jim Holton's arm. End of intended assault on Wallace!

Also - Donal Murphy gets a mention for getting sent off for kicking a Blues player in the unmentionables. Funniest thing I'd ever seen on a football pitch at the time, in terms of lack of subtlety.
Wasn’t it Kenny Burns at or near half-time?

MalcSB

Roy Barry, you did nt mess with him .
Pusb
I remember in a game against WBA. Bobby Gould played for them and barged into Ray Barry, hit him and slid off to the floor. Barry played a great clearance, turned round, grabbed Gould by the front of his shirt and bounce him up and down whilst growling at him. Such a shame Roy broke his leg, never quite the same afterwards.

HerneBayGaz

George Curtis for me. Although Sam Allardyce was a hard bugger. Did Kenny Burns big time when we played Birmingham in the 80s

Users who are viewing this thread