Top 10 Hard Men (1 Viewer)

Right lads just seen this on the website, Saw a Thread earlier that was saying we were missing a hardman!

So if can name 10 go for it, but who would be the one that stands out from the rest?

I'm a bit too young for the days of long metal studs and short shorts so can't really say myself!

PUSB

Astute

Hard man? Been a few, but not for many years as it is no longer allowed. Mental and not worried about going in where it might hurt and getting a shite team to play much better? Dennis wise was a top player :claping hands:Little terrier and had players twice his size worried. Could play as well.

Walking Bird

David Speedie was a fu*king legend!!
Brilliant player & hard as nails. Boy could we do with him now. :claping hands:

stupot07

Is it Graeme Souness? His tackle would be classed as GBH in today's football. He was right dirt, wasn't scared of anyone, and never considered anyone's career when we went flying in to knee high two footed studs up tackles. I would truly be scared if i had to face him in centre midfield.

torchomatic

Lloyd McGrath.

Astute

When players were allowed to be hard it would have to be George Curtis, then between Mo Konjic, Sam Allardyce and Wise. Maybe wise gets it from them three as he was a short arse but worried players over 6 foot.

SkyBlueScottie

Johnny Dexter!

The game is worse for a lack of hard men, I hate the fact that all types of contact is being removed from the game.

Astute

3 of the hardest men in football all played for us at some stage. Sam Allardyce, John Hartson and Mick Harford

May be just my opinion, or you never got to see George Curtis play, but Curtis would have taken the three of them in one run.. They were good though.

Otis

Jim Holton.

'6 foot two, eyes of blue, big Jim Holton's after you.'

Says it all!

rob9872

I've just spoken with Phil Neal and he said Julian Darby was the hardest man he'd ever cum accross

George Curtis for me - this guy was built of granite - not overly big compared to say Ben Turner BUT when he went up for corners he took 3 of the opposition bodies with him and still scored.

One game saw his knee sliced open - came back on with 12 stitches

George was renowned for his awesome strength off the field - picked up front of Volswagen at one time.

Broke his leg badly at Forest and was carried off sitting upright on stretcher waving to fans - where was the oxygen mask

Truly awesome hard man of all time for CCFC.

PUSB

Otis

George Curtis is responsible of course for the most humorous City saying ever re his broken leg, or at least his wife is!! :D

Great party piece if people haven't heard it.

wingy

George Curtis is responsible of course for the most humorous City saying ever re his broken leg, or at least his wife is!! :D

Great party piece if people haven't heard it.
Come on you racaunteur let us have it:thinking about:

Last edited:

Otis

Okay. Didn't wish to relay it as I thought everyone knew!

George broke his leg and someone was sent to his home to relay the information to his wife. The official said to Mrs. Curtis "Sorry, but George is coming home with a broken leg." "Oh dear" came the reply from Mrs.C. "Whose is it?" :D

What a reputation that bloke had!! :claping hands:

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Could you count thorn;)

Gunnar was always a bit of a hard man, I remember he nearly had a punch up at ipswich.
Month konjic :D
Deegan?

wingy

Non city the first one i recall was Nobby Styles,then dirty leeds Norman Bite yer legs off Hunter ,there was another who played alongside him can't remember the name,but the ultimate animal ,"BILLY BREMNER"

Last edited:

wingy

You know the game was better then ,its been sanitised and sexed up,imagine todays players dealing with those old balls instead of balloons

Tankie

Searched Memory banks, and came up with these "Naughty Boys"

Norman Hunter.
Peter Storie
Tommy Smith
Maurice Setters
chopper Harris
Jack Charlton
Dave M'ckay
George Curtis
Colin Stein
Jim Holton.

Bertola

Please tell me all these shouts for Konjic are ironic?

The guy went down "injured" every game.

Otis

Searched Memory banks, and came up with these "Naughty Boys"

Norman Hunter.
Peter Storie
Tommy Smith
Maurice Setters
chopper Harris
Jack Charlton
Dave M'ckay
George Curtis
Colin Stein
Jim Holton.

Does anyone remember Trevor Hockey? The guy was simply a thug.

ashbyjan

Trevor Hockey - a blast from the past. I once went to see Poland v Wales and this horrid bearded little sod ran around the Welsh midfield simply kicking lumps out of every opposition player, not sure he ever actually touched the ball just bit, spat, snarled and hacked his way through the game which Wales won 2-0 as the Poles were simply shell shocked by this ultra aggressive hobbit.

Otis

On the field he was a nasty little shit for sure. Had no interest in the ball at all, only in getting the man.

Users who are viewing this thread