City Won Cov Won Wasps smashed (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Grendel

Why should it be that way, we as fans wanted our owners to talk to ACL ( as it was)?
its only my own view but personally I cannot see what the Wasps have done wrong.

So you admit you support the notion of franchising in principal?

Steve.B50

I would also hope we don't go along the lines of Sixfields and go for the scab comments for anyone who goes to Wasps. (meek, sheep, those few who are killing the club etc. etc.)

Let's show a bit more class this time, eh?

doubt it will get to that situation again, we have to all move on and go with the times.

Grendel

Do not start that with me , I am putting my personal views.
this could be very good for Coventry, the club and the City.

I am seriously lost for words.

Nick

Administrator
I would also hope we don't go along the lines of Sixfields and go for the scab comments for anyone who goes to Wasps. (meek, sheep, those few who are killing the club etc. etc.)

Let's show a bit more class this time, eh?

I agree, everybody can do as they please and shouldn't be abused for it. Although if they were themselves abusing people for going to Sixfields then it may raise eyebrows.

NorthernWisdom

I agree, everybody can do as they please and shouldn't be abused for it. Although if they were themselves abusing people for going to Sixfields then it may raise eyebrows.

Yup, those who abused people for going to Sixfields deserve everything they get ;)

Those who didn't however... hope we can all live in peace, and accept at the end of the day it's how people choose to spend their money on their leisure pursuits.

Nick

Administrator
Yup, those who abused people for going to Sixfields deserve everything they get ;)

Those who didn't however... hope we can all live in peace, and accept at the end of the day it's how people choose to spend their money on their leisure pursuits.

Exactly, fair play if people want to go and if wasps fans want to go and follow their team. I hope they do.

Steve.B50

Agreed, it's all down to personal views and choices.
I just want what's best for Coventry City and my city of Coventry.

I cannot help feel that the Wasps situation could be benificial to both.
Also, there is not a lot we can do to change it.

Grendel

No idea, just know they are one of many who do not own there home stadium.

Technically wasps don't - hardly the point though is it?

Depends on the deal. If you are in Nottingham the club has access to all revenues and pays a fraction what we paid. Even better at Ipswich and better still at Swansea.

It's the deal that counts and ours was dire and still is.

Steve.B50

Exactly, fair play if people want to go and if wasps fans want to go and follow their team. I hope they do.

Nick, people like me will not be going to follow the Wasps exactly, it's to watch quality Rugby. Just like someone may go to watch Barcelona play.

Grendel

Nick, people like me will not be going to follow the Wasps exactly, it's to watch quality Rugby. Just like someone may go to watch Barcelona play.

So wasps are like the Barcelona of football are they (sorry I don't know much about rugby but I thought they were more like Hull)

italiahorse

Technically wasps don't - hardly the point though is it?

Depends on the deal. If you are in Nottingham the club has access to all revenues and pays a fraction what we paid. Even better at Ipswich and better still at Swansea.

It's the deal that counts and ours was dire and still is.

Swansea have a 25% share Ospreys 25% and Swansea Council 50% in the stadium management company.
Swansea also pay £1M a year towards the stadium maintenance costs.

You talk rubbish

Nick

Administrator

What did people go to sixfields for? At least that was to watch their team

Steve.B50

So wasps are like the Barcelona of football are they (sorry I don't know much about rugby but I thought they were more like Hull)

no idea what either are like as only ever watch one football team but trying to explain I will go to watch a quality game of Eugby (I hope).
at same time Cov Rugby are also playing some decent rugby at present.
like I said earlier, also want what might benefit the whole City.

stupot07

Swansea have a 25% share Ospreys 25% and Swansea Council 50% in the stadium management company.

You talk rubbish

Swansea, ospreys and council own 33% each.

Have you got a link for the £1m a year stadium maintenance costs? I can only find this..

The clubs also contribute over £1m a year to the running costs of the stadium with any profit made being returned to the teams and the local authority. which to me could mean the clubs combined, not each individually paying that.

Out of interest did you know that Swansea took £6m revenues out of the stadium last year? So £500k rent plus upto £1m stadium costs doesn't look so bad when you're net profit of at least £4.5m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
7b0bb7db92ef324b442fd50794512ace.jpg

Last edited:

Grendel

You talk rubbish

They all own 33% each.

Provide a link they pay anything towards maintenance as I can't see anything on google unless the stadium doesn't make that in profit.Where is that from?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
May not have agreed with them going but it was there choice.
my friends who went to games are still my mates and always will be.

Of course, it is people's choice what they do.

When people tweet and retweet things like this though:

We need a total boycott by Cov fans of shitfields but there is more chance of me being the next US President #selfish#SISUnuthuggers

Anyone who supports SISU and their actions, do you think they give a shit about you? They're pissing themselves laughing at you

Then say they are going to go to wasps because they want to just watch rugby (when they dont even support that team) does raise an eyebrow doesn't it? Especially as people were mocked for watching their team play at Sixfields.

If somebody like Wingy, OSB and the many others who quite clearly disagreed with Sixfields but didn't have digs at people who went want to go then fair play to them. However if people were throwing crap about then, but then go to watch Wasps they do look like plonkers don't they? (Not that Wingy or OSB are, just the first 2 people I thought of who clearly disagreed but never took it to a personal level).

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Of course, it is people's choice what they do.

When people tweet and retweet things like this though:

Very good except I'm not going. You see Nick people keep referencing me or showing photos with me in them and when I react say "but we didn't mean you";)

Then say they are going to go to wasps because they want to just watch rugby (when they dont even support that team) does raise an eyebrow doesn't it? Especially as people were mocked for watching their team play at Sixfields.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, I didn't even realise it was you when I posted it.

But yes, if you were outside sixfields giving it that and then go to a Wasps games you are in with the plonkers.

Nick

Administrator
Can't you fucking read :jerkit:

Yes, it is implying that people who went into games were not proper city fans because of them still going in?

Edit

You have also said you aren't going, then fair play to you. ;)

(Sorry, I missed that bit as it was hidden in amongst my quote. I take the plonker thing back) :jerkit: indeed!

To clear it up, I am not saying if people did have a go at Sixfielders they are by no means allowed to go (I have no authority to tell people what to do) or that I think they should fall under a bus of anything. Just can't expect not to have a few of their quotes thrown back at them can they? All tongue in cheek.

image.png

shy_tall_knight

I'm still amazed how many of our fans are on this franchise sports crusade, hope none of them ever went to Mk dons. If SISU owned ACL and invited WASPS to play, demonstrating that the shared costs would be beneficial to CCFC as it would allow more money to invest in the team.

I recognise that this is a highly unlikey scenario (SISU investing in the team or owning a stadium) but the Franchise Crusaders would they be out in force !! but as I believe its the Sixfielders trying to throw their anger after backing the SISU strategy which has failed and lead to us losing any chance of owning the stadium.

Nick

Administrator
I'm still amazed how many of our fans are on this franchise sports crusade, hope none of them ever went to Mk dons. If SISU owned ACL and invited WASPS to play, demonstrating that the shared costs would be beneficial to CCFC as it would allow more money to invest in the team.

I recognise that this is a highly unlikey scenario (SISU investing in the team or owning a stadium) but the Franchise Crusaders would they be out in force !! but as I believe its the Sixfielders trying to throw their anger after backing the SISU strategy which has failed and lead to us losing any chance of owning the stadium.

Who has backed the SISU strategy?

You will probably find this "crusade" was usually in reply to people who gave people who went to Sixfields shit but then posted about going to MK. The same as when people posted demanding NOPM and then posted about going to Arsenal.

letsallsingtogether

tbf, it's almost tradition for me to bore people to death about how they shouldn't go there, whenever our fixture comes up!

I know bored me that much I fell asleep this season and missed it.:sleep:

Shouldn't we all also boycott the home fixture as isn't that also promoting franchise football?:thinking about::)

letsallsingtogether

Who has backed the SISU strategy?

You will probably find this "crusade" was usually in reply to people who gave people who went to Sixfields shit but then posted about going to MK. The same as when people posted demanding NOPM and then posted about going to Arsenal.

Same as the ones who went to Sixfields and gave everyone else shit for not going or for doing various demonstrations then the ones who moaned like shit about the Wasps and then never turned up to demonstrate.

Goes both ways Nick.

Nick

Administrator
Same as the ones who went to Sixfields and gave everyone else shit for not going or for doing various demonstrations then the ones who moaned like shit about the Wasps and then never turned up to demonstrate.

Goes both ways Nick.

Yes, it would be the same as people having a go at others for not going to sixfields but not going themselves now we are back.

Your examples aren't really the same though are they?

Users who are viewing this thread