City Sold (1 Viewer)

Otis

I personally liked how non confrontational, non controversial and diplomatic the opening post was.

If it was an aggressive over defensive post it would have been ridiculed. Good job it wasn't.
That's City all over though isn't it. Over defensive post when they should be down the other end of the field attacking.

skybluetony176

Now, if you had said that you'd heard that Ryton was sold in the week for circa £8M and it will be announced in February that might be believable. It's also the reason that City being sold for circa £8M isn't believable. Unless it was minus Ryton.

Kingokings204

Sorry to the OP it's just fantasy stuff. You may have good intentions but it's just a rumour and maybe should of left be at that rather than post yet another story on here.

Regis87

I was told by a mate of mine that City were actually sold last week for circa £8 mill and there will be an announcement in February.
Before all you keyboard warriors start your rants and raves I have no evidence and fuck all to back it up other than my mate says his source is reliable.
In summary don't fucking bother saying where's your source etc.
I feel obliged just to post what I have heard and would be amazed if nobody has heard any more.
Off we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S
Either comment on this thread or fuck off and stop arguing with each other (Nick) as it's getting fucking boring on here.
Was told this a few days ago by someone but not sure how true and if it were just a rumour circulating around the city .
I live in hope !

Otis

Was told this a few days ago by someone but not sure how true and if it were just a rumour circulating around the city .
I live in hope !
Chinese Whispers though?

Two people hearing the rumour from different sources doesn't mean it didn't originate from the same initial source.

Not the sort of thing you keep quiet about is it and once you tell one person, they tell someone else and then they tell someone else and then suddenly you are getting the same information from a different source.

If we were sold it would be out there. All the legal documentation would be out there and it would be impossible to keep quiet about it and why WOULD anyone keep quiet about it anyway?

Kingokings204

I think that's the point isn't it. We are about to be relegated to league 2 so why the hell would you want to keep quiet about it. And who would make that rule?

We need every possible thing going for us if we are to stay up. I hope the rumour is true obviously but it isn't going to be for reasons we have been through a million times on here.

Otis

I think that's the point isn't it. We are about to be relegated to league 2 so why the hell would you want to keep quiet about it. And who would make that rule?

We need every possible thing going for us if we are to stay up. I hope the rumour is true obviously but it isn't going to be for reasons we have been through a million times on here.
Yeah, people exaggerate too.

Just like you have done there with the million times remark. ;)

Wishful thinking becomes 'fact.'

stupot07

Clicked into this thread expecting

".....out entire away allocation for Northampton "

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Skybluefaz

I was told by a mate of mine that City were actually sold last week for circa £8 mill and there will be an announcement in February.
Before all you keyboard warriors start your rants and raves I have no evidence and fuck all to back it up other than my mate says his source is reliable.
I feel obliged just to post what I have heard and would be amazed if nobody has heard any more.
P.S
Either comment on this thread or fuck off and stop arguing with each other (Nick) as it's getting fucking boring on here.
Is your mate Tim Fisher? If so, it's probably bullshit.

Neil

How much I would love this to be true! But I thought I would pipe in... usually takeover of a club can be done on the quiet. If parties all sign a non disclosure then this can be kept quiet right up to the announcement..
it happened when swindon town was taken over. Literally behind the scenes it was happening but only on the day did everyone know and find out.
But again I'm not saying this is true. I do think SISU are looking for a way out. But also believe although looking they will want ridiculous money to rid....
I hate seeing my club like this. It's like watching the love of your life slowly disappear!

Astute

Now, if you had said that you'd heard that Ryton was sold in the week for circa £8M and it will be announced in February that might be believable. It's also the reason that City being sold for circa £8M isn't believable. Unless it was minus Ryton.
Ryton is the only thing of value at our club. Everything else has been sold. That is other than a few players that someone might want. Put them all together and that could be the price SISU are after.

Could that be worth 8m?

skybluetony176

Ryton is the only thing of value at our club. Everything else has been sold. That is other than a few players that someone might want. Put them all together and that could be the price SISU are after.

Could that be worth 8m?

That's a fair point. Although I can't see SISU letting the club go for the net worth of the assets. They're a company that want their cake and eat it.

Besides, if it is true knowing our luck we've probably been sold by one SISU controlled company to another. Or an ARVO controlled company.

NortonSkyBlue

We have no idea if this is true but the issue I have with this is as long as the owners can sit on the 70 million debt, break even or make a bit of profit there is no incentive to sell unless a mega offer comes in.
That's why I believe a solvent business will not go in to administration as the only party that will he injured is themselves and although I see them as idiots, I don't see them as fools.

Astute

How much I would love this to be true! But I thought I would pipe in... usually takeover of a club can be done on the quiet. If parties all sign a non disclosure then this can be kept quiet right up to the announcement..
it happened when swindon town was taken over. Literally behind the scenes it was happening but only on the day did everyone know and find out.
But again I'm not saying this is true. I do think SISU are looking for a way out. But also believe although looking they will want ridiculous money to rid....
I hate seeing my club like this. It's like watching the love of your life slowly disappear!
The pressure is now on SISU. I don't care what anyone says.

They have falling gates...as they have had since they took us over. We are starting to look like we will get relegated again under them. This will vastly reduce income even more. A large amount of money is needed for a stadium. But we are supposed to be self sufficient now. And they are finally in the spotlight with the media. This is the last thing Joy wanted. You couldn't even find a picture of her on the net before the court cases started.

On one hand they won't want to sell at the bottom as it solidifies a big loss. But with the amount of names to do with our club that they 'invented' the losses can be hidden easily.

On the other side it is investors that have lost money not SISU. And it seems that most of the losses have been written off. Money is needed to pay off the latest loans. Another relegation looks on the cards. The court cases look like a waste of time and money. Bad publicity.

8m seems to be a way out. I don't think it is true. But it wouldn't be a surprise.

trevelfarandwide

Feel sorry for the party buying a club for £8m at the bottom of L1. If they waited till the summer they could purchase the club for £1.

However, we are going to Wembley apparently. So dreams do come true.

Perhaps that was a selling point? "We're going to WEMBERLEY, so give us £8 mil" ... "Wow, ok, here's the transfer code and it'll be in your bank by 3pm, Mr Fisher"

I do, however, believe that SISU would sell the club covertly and not tell the fans till it suits them.

Captain Dart

Astute

That's a fair point. Although I can't see SISU letting the club go for the net worth of the assets. They're a company that want their cake and eat it.

Besides, if it is true knowing our luck we've probably been sold by one SISU controlled company to another. Or an ARVO controlled company.
They have a cake that they keep having to pay for. The media is telling everyone how bad this cake is. They are having a problem selling portions of the cake. And they just can't find the ingredients to make it a decent cake.

rupert_bear

Well I was talking to someone shall I say within the political scene about Mondays meeting who told me "things" were a bit further down the road than we think, tried to lever a bit more out of him all he said was perhaps Mondays meeting was for reasons more than what was let on. I would think from what I heard Monday £8million is possibly within reach.
Now I have no idea if that conversation is attached to the OP bit of a coincidence though but I'm sure if it is more will drip out and if there's meat on those bones someone within the Trust will surely know.

clint van damme

P.S

thanks for posting. I don't believe it or disbelieve it but it's always interesting to hear these tip bits as lons as people don't take then too seriously.

Flying Fokker

The pressure is now on SISU. I don't care what anyone says.

They have falling gates...as they have had since they took us over. We are starting to look like we will get relegated again under them. This will vastly reduce income even more. A large amount of money is needed for a stadium. But we are supposed to be self sufficient now. And they are finally in the spotlight with the media. This is the last thing Joy wanted. You couldn't even find a picture of her on the net before the court cases started.

On one hand they won't want to sell at the bottom as it solidifies a big loss. But with the amount of names to do with our club that they 'invented' the losses can be hidden easily.

On the other side it is investors that have lost money not SISU. And it seems that most of the losses have been written off. Money is needed to pay off the latest loans. Another relegation looks on the cards. The court cases look like a waste of time and money. Bad publicity.

8m seems to be a way out. I don't think it is true. But it wouldn't be a surprise.

The often quoted bottom of the cycle seems to be a lower than sisu realised. The 1 million projected profit is a sign of recovery of course : )

Astute

The often quoted bottom of the cycle seems to be a lower than sisu realised. The 1 million projected profit is a sign of recovery of course : )
Not recovery but a sweetner to any purchaser. A club with a lot of potential that isn't a money pit....until taken over.

Literally the Sky 'TV' is the limit to what someone can make out of our club.

Users who are viewing this thread