City Of Culture Bid (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

So you wouldn't moan if SISU moved us 85 miles as it would be financially advantageous?
So you would be happy with SISU taking out tens of millions in debt against club assets to pay themselves back?

Who cares ???
Sisu are running our club and they need to give us some hope in the form of a plan for the future.
If they can't do it they should put the club up for sale without the debt and disappear.
Any fans that want to keep in touch can write C/O Chris Anderson.

NorthernWisdom

Which is why I mentioned this before... Where were we? CCFC should be at the forefront in Sport as CA says... But the name CCFC should also be seen supporting the culture bid. It would have been a good move to get involved in something prominent like this. Even if it costs... The negative image in our home city is costing far more.

I don't disagree with you. I do fear we've gone too far for that however (and yes, you can blame the club for that) but what's scary is if we're not going to come back from this...

Brylowes

I don't disagree with you. I do fear we've gone too far for that however (and yes, you can blame the club for that) but what's scary is if we're not going to come back from this...
If our owners don't give up, and give u a chance our demise is nailed on. IMHO

chiefdave

It's the shower of filth that OWN us that gives me heartache, what in there history with us gives you hope.
My hope was that when they left a new, and significantly better, owner would come in. However since the Ricoh was sold and now the academy is likely to go you are correct there is very little hope.

We could get the greatest owners in the world but it has been made virtually impossible, unless someone is prepared to gift tens of millions to create all new infrastructure from scratch, to turn the club around and become a top tier side once again.

Moff

The majority of Coventry ratepayers are either not bothered or quite happy that Wasps are involved in this.
As for Wasps, it's supporting items like this that build relationships with the people of Coventry and eventually will embed them in the community.
I wish I could replace Wasps with CCFC in all CCC documentation but unfortunately Sisu got involved with our club.

Did you conduct your straw poll from your home in Bedworth? I know plenty of Coventry taxpayers who are bothered and don't want Wasps anywhere near it or the City, but so what really, I am not so bothered about petty point scoring than you.

Brylowes

If they go or are pushed in the wrong way, we're finished also.
That's what I'm saying, they know the chance of recouping " losses" has gone, they
should either do the decent thing and put us up for sale, get what they can.
Or come up with a plan we can get behind, the fact nobody can work or even share
dialogue with them rules this out.
Our only hope now is for them to give up.

torchomatic

Did you conduct your straw poll from your home in Bedworth? I know plenty of Coventry taxpayers who are bothered and don't want Wasps anywhere near it or the City, but so what really, I am not so bothered about petty point scoring than you.
He asked everyone who handed over their fiver.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Can only assume italia says 'who cares?' because his Wasps PR pamphlet doesn't contain the answer to that particular question.

Ian1779

So you didn't moan when we moved to Northampton ?
So you are happy with Sisu investment ?
The problem is that Wasps bullshit actually gets turned into plans.
Sisu are losers and if you won't criticise them you are part of the problem.

Perfect - so shall we suggest to the club that they borrow money from us as fans and build a spanking new stadium and academy facility all in one?

I'm sure you'll be first in queue to put your investment forward - seeing how you like to champion such ideas.

italiahorse

Perfect - so shall we suggest to the club that they borrow money from us as fans and build a spanking new stadium and academy facility all in one?

I'm sure you'll be first in queue to put your investment forward - seeing how you like to champion such ideas.

Sisu will need to plan without committing investment.
Rent the Ricoh and maybe academy facilities off Wasps/Higgs.
Not ideal but its where we are.

Nick

Administrator
I just hope if they move the locals are ok with us moving in and trying to get in on their culture.

Hinckley, home of the sky blues and a 1987 fa.cup

Ian1779

Sisu will need to plan without committing investment.
Rent the Ricoh and maybe academy facilities off Wasps/Higgs.
Not ideal but its where we are.

No no.. you said that Wasps put plans into motion.... you obviously applaud them.

So lets do the same. We'll lend money to the club and they can build a new stadium and academy.

I'll let them know you'll be there first with the chequebook.... or do you need to check with your Wasps buddies to see if it's not a 'conflict of interest'

Ian1779

Who cares what Wasps have done anymore. It's in the past and out of our control.
We need to concentrate on our future.

Oh we're back to concentrating on the future now... whilst somehow simultaneously dragging up the past to make CCFC look shit and Wasps look great.

Nick

Administrator
Oh we're back to concentrating on the future now... whilst somehow simultaneously dragging up the past to make CCFC look shit and Wasps look great.
In a thread about wasps sponsoring the city of culture ;) master stoke

italiahorse

You must be confusing me with Sisu, they are doing a great job of making CCFC look shit.
I'll just keep supporting CCFC home and away as I have done since 1967.
Wasps don't need my help to look great, but CCFC does.

Nick

Administrator
You must be confusing me with Sisu, they are doing a great job of making CCFC look shit.
I'll just keep supporting CCFC home and away as I have done since 1967.
Wasps don't need my help to look great, but CCFC does.
they must need it on here judging your thread about (help if you can)

italiahorse

But you'll try your best to keep pushing that message won't you.

We need to get up to and beyond Wasps level not bring them down to ours.
Lets concentrate on pushing Sisu on our future.
Why are we not supporting this bid to up the profile of the club ?
Is it because Sisu don't actually want to get involved in anything to do with CCC?
Probably in line with the statement that their investors won't allow a stadium to be built in Coventry ?

torchomatic

Who cares what Wasps have done anymore. It's in the past and out of our control.
We need to concentrate on our future.
Who cares what Sisu have done anymore. It's in the past.....

Brylowes

Exactly, so if SISU decided to repay themselves by taking on external debt that wouldn't be a problem?
So how much debt do wasps have, what do they own/ lease, what are
there revenue opportunities.
What do we own/ lease , come to think of it what did we get for the "debt"
We are now saddled with.

torchomatic

Correct.
But what they did effects our future.
No one wants to get involved with them.
What CCC and Wasps did will affect our future too. For another 248 years in fact.

italiahorse

What CCC and Wasps did will affect our future too. For another 248 years in fact.

Really why's that ?
We were renting off ACL and we still are. In fact better terms as well.
Are you saying we wanted the stadium for ourselves ?
What was the plan to get it ? Must have missed it !!

Captain Dart

What a strange comment, no one has the faintest idea what things will be like in another 248 years.

248 years ago it was 1768, professional Football and Rugby did not exist, the Coventry Canal was not built and the population of Coventry was less than 16,000.

Users who are viewing this thread