Chesterfield (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Don't mind fortune as long as he s upfront but fuk me Martin must be injured. Haynes as lb and stokes as cb not frigging ideal to say the least

Let's hope they can pull it out of the bag
Hopefully Chesterfield set up to defend and don't give our back 4 too many difficult questions.

Nick

Administrator
I really hope it is a master stroke, I can remember being annoyed before the Colchester game about Fortune...

It is worrying about Martin though.

Don't they have Ebanks Blake? Is he starting?

chiefdave

Martin has to be injured, hopefully nothing serious. We're all going to be proved wrong when Fortune bangs a hat trick in.

Who's this idiot on CWR talking about Wasps being here is a dream scenario?

covcity4life

Yeah attack may be best form of defence. Especially in Haynes case as he finds it so hard to stick with his man. Any movement from opposition player and he's lost

Nick

Administrator
The only defender we have on the bench is kelly evans, if Ricketts or Stokes get injured we are buggered. Unless we chuck Vincelot in at centre half.

Nick

Administrator
Would have thought Murphy / Armstrong could take advantage of Evatt and Wood at the back. I hope we don't start going long again.

chiefdave

Anyone know how far down the M40 you can go before you lose CWR?

Trying to workout what time to set off for home but still hear all the match.

covcity4life

Cole will be back in squad for crewe I imagine. He's played over 60 mins in last 2 games. Makes sense to not play him after 2 days though.

Hopefully Venus and TM can find a good cb early in january.

lifeskyblue

Well that's a surprise in defence and neither AA or Murphy starting. We do look desperately short at the back...can't see a clean sheet today. Good to see fleck back as long as he fully fit. Need to score a couple at least. AA and Murphy on last 30mins and a goal apiece I hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Way Back

As the game goes on there'll be some tired legs after game on Saturday. I hope our changes & subs coming on after an hour will be running them ragged.

ccfc92

As the game goes on there'll be some tired legs after game on Saturday. I hope our changes & subs coming on after an hour will be running them ragged.

Agreed. Could be a very shrewd move from Mowbray.

Keep it tight for an hour, hopefully nick a goal, and bring AA and Murphy on for last 30 mins

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully if we just tell Kent to run at their defense to try and get them booked / sent off / win a penalty. If they are on a booking and tired and Armstrong and Murphy come on it would be interesting.

ccfc92

Good thing is, gives Fortune to show us he can play in this squad. Worst case, we bring on AA :)

Otis

No way Martin has been 'rested.' He must be carrying an injury. If we rested him he'd be on the bench, as we have no other cover.

The defence is very worrying today and if any of the back four now get injured we are in big trouble. Stokes acquitted himself well last time at centre back, but it is Haynes I am more worried about.

If Phillips can do what he did on Saturday then he'll be fine.

We therefore simply need to concentrate on what we do down the other end of the pitch.

ccfc92

No way Martin has been 'rested.' He must be carrying an injury. If we rested him he'd be on the bench, as we have no other cover.

The defence is very worrying today and if any of the back four now get injured we are in big trouble. Stokes acquitted himself well last time at centre back, but it is Haynes I am more worried about.

If Phillips can do what he did on Saturday then he'll be fine.

We therefore simply need to concentrate on what we do down the other end of the pitch.

I'd be happy enough with "hoofing" from our defence today. Just keep it out our final 3rd, no messing about.

Our forwards though should exploit Wood as the WB.

Nick

Administrator
I'd be happy enough with "hoofing" from our defence today. Just keep it out our final 3rd, no messing about.

Our forwards though should exploit Wood as the WB.

If we hoof it, they have Wood and Evatt who will probably play like that all day.

ccfc92

If we hoof it, they have Wood and Evatt who will probably play like that all day.

Half a hoof to Fortune then, or to our pacey players :)

What I mean is, nothing like Doncaster's second goal the other week

Users who are viewing this thread