Chesterfield (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Match thread for Chesterfield (Away). Discuss Predictions, Tactics and the game!<div style="float:right; text-align:center;"><h2>Chesterfield (Away) </h2>
8283-pvfc-crest-rgb144-3188.png

Proact Stadium
3PM Kick Off
</div>

covey1987

Hopefully Fleck will be back really think we have missed him. Bigi has done okay but Fleck offers more alround. I wound also go for Arma, Murph, Hunt & Madders as the front four and leave Cole on the bench.

stupot07

Hopefully Fleck will be back really think we have missed him. Bigi has done okay but Fleck offers more alround. I wound also go for Arma, Murph, Hunt & Madders as the front four and leave Cole on the bench.

Who's hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

BunglesFinger

If you want to pay for Christmas, I suggest getting all the cash you can and taking up the 11/10 on offer for a Coventry win. Regrettably we are gash.

Have a safe trip up.

shmmeee

Need a win to keep us up there with the top 3.

I'd go for:

RCC
Philips Martin Ricketts Stokes
Vincelot Fleck (if fit)
JOB Maddison Lameiras
Murphy

S: Burge, Haynes, Bigi/Cole, Kent, Arma, Fortune, G Thomas

covey1987

So do I but Mowbray did say I the post match interview they may look to start Madders Monday. Can't see how you can play both as number 10's!!

stupot07

*I have a feeling Cole will start though.

I'm not sure he will be able to play 2 games in 3 days and Mowbray hinted that Maddison will start. Would go with your team/squad, might be tempted to start tudguy ahead of Murphy. And Murphy on the bench ahead of G Thomas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gint11

Unfortunately I don't think Cole is offering us much on the pitch although I appreciate he is trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Madison shows yesterday what we were lacking when Cole is on the pitch. It took him an age to turn with the ball and I think only once he looked to play the ball forward and in front of one of our players. Maddison was always wanting to get forward, and has quick feet. For this reason, even if he was fit, I wouldn't play Cole (although 3 consecutive games would be a big ask anyway).

id like Tudgay to get a game, but not sure I'd drop Armstrong just yet. Who knows, it might be one if his last couple of games for us so unless the club know something we don't, is it time to try a plan B for when he's not here?

also hope Murphy plays behind the striker and not the wing.

skyblue14

I think that maybe JOB, Maddison and Kent will start as they only had a maximum of 20 minutes yesterday and will be the least tired.

shmmeee

If we were at home I'd give Arma another game, but away he offers less. Murphy over Tudgay simply for pace on the break. Fair point about Cole, I just wonder if we are obliged to play him.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Cole has pretty much said he won't be starting Monday, I think the team will be

-------Charles-Cook
Phillips--Martin--Ricketts--Stokes
-----Vincelot--Fleck
Kent----Maddison---JOB
-------Armstrong

Mowbray will rotate the 3 players behind with two games in 3 days and Cole, Murphy and Lameiras will be on the bench. Armstrong could also be rested for Fortune or Tudgay if Mowbray feels 2 games in 3 days is too much for him considering how much football he has played this season.

Specs WT-R75

Armstrong
Kent Maddison Murphy
Bigi* Vincelot
Stokes Ricketts Martin Phillips
RCC

*Fleck only if fully fit. I'd consider JOB instead of Phillips...

stupot07

------------RCC
Phillips-Martin-Ricketts-Stokes
----Vincelot----Fleck
Lamieres-Maddison-JOB
----------Tudguy

Subs: Murphy, Armstrong, Haynes, Cole, bigi, Burge, Kent

Although I think Armstrong and Kent will start ahead of Lamieres and tudguy.

Last edited:

Otis

Cole has pretty much said he won't be starting Monday, I think the team will be

-------Charles-Cook
Phillips--Martin--Ricketts--Stokes
-----Vincelot--Fleck
Kent----Maddison---JOB
-------Armstrong

Mowbray will rotate the 3 players behind with two games in 3 days and Cole, Murphy and Lameiras will be on the bench. Armstrong could also be rested for Fortune or Tudgay if Mowbray feels 2 games in 3 days is too much for him considering how much football he has played this season.
Yep, agree with that 11. Think Murphy will be rested and Kent back in.

covcity4life

New manager syndrome could hit us so point not end of world. Hopefully we can win though

Rcc
Phillips
Ricketts
Martin
Stokes
Vincelot
Fleck
Maddison
Obrien
Kent
Armstrong

Just based on tiredness only reason Murphy on bench

ccfc1234

Job, Lameries, Madders and Arma - this was the front 4 that tore up Millwall away and Wigan at home. I would start them with Kent and Murphy on in the second half if we need to change things.

shmmeee

Why do people want to drop our top scorer?

Can't speak for anyone else but:

- He's 18 and in his first full season, a rest is expected.
- he's been off form for a while
- He's only scored in one away game all season
- It's worth trying other options in case he goes back
- This game should be winnable without him.

shmmeee

Armstrong
Kent Maddison Murphy
Bigi* Vincelot
Stokes Ricketts Martin Phillips
RCC

*Fleck only if fully fit. I'd consider JOB instead of Phillips...

Harsh, I think Phillips has had two of his best games for us his last two appearances.

pusbccfc

Be difficult for him to drop Armstrong, but he should play someone alongside him, for me Tudgay.

shmmeee

As I say, only a consideration. Look at what JOB gave us when he came on, on Saturday. I just want to go at Chesterfield with pace.

As I just said in the ratings thread JOB is the first name on the team sheet for me. We need his energy in the last third of the pitch. I would probably drop Phillips for Lorentzson when he's fit, but the kid deserves a reward for his recent form IMO if he's going to develop.

letsallsingtogether

Be difficult for him to drop Armstrong, but he should play someone alongside him, for me Tudgay.
Got to agree with this, they had 4 people in the box when they attacked we had one.
Then people moan when he doesn't get chances.
We only had one option a majority of the time yesterday and that was the high ball to AA I don't think he got to any.
PUSB
Win for the City tomorrow our start to the top again.
1-2 City

Warwickhunt

I'm not sure he will be able to play 2 games in 3 days and Mowbray hinted that Maddison will start. Would go with your team/squad, might be tempted to start tudguy ahead of Murphy. And Murphy on the bench ahead of G Thomas.

Cole will not manage 3 games in a week so I think he will be on the bench for this one

no_loyalty

We usually lose to a team on a bad run, but have a good feeling about tomorrow and going for a 2-0 win, hopefully see Fleck and Madders in the starting 11

johnwillomagic

Team for me though doubt TM will go for it!

RCC GK
Phillips RB
Martin CB
Ricketts CB
Stokes LB
Fleck DCM
Vincelot DCM
JOB ACM
Maddison ACM
Lameiras ACM
Murphy ST

Subs: Burge, Haynes, Bigi, Cole. Kent, Tudgay, Armstrong