Cherry Tree Club? (2 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

Went there last year with the family for the "Edinburgh Festival" stayed at the Hilton much cheaper than the Edinburgh hotels and only a 40 minute drive. Its amazing that most of the time previously in Bellshill it has been winter raining and dark early at night, however on a beautiful August day its still horrific.

It snowed when I was there I think it was July No it was early December about 5 years ago and I had 2 or 3 other visits but I tried to fly up and back within a day so I didn't have to spend too long there.

chiefdave

Surely the point is - for them to go to pubs where like minded people congregate ?

If these 'firms' want to beat the crap out of each other and pretend its still the 70s why don't they just arrange to meet up in a field or something. Couldn't care less then, let them get on with it as long as they are away from the general public.

Bob Latchford

If these 'firms' want to beat the crap out of each other and pretend its still the 70s why don't they just arrange to meet up in a field or something. Couldn't care less then, let them get on with it as long as they are away from the general public.

I fully concur ! I'd love to know the answer myself ... maybe being seen fighting in public gives them the thrill they crave ?

The Gentleman

It's not a 70's 'thing' and they're English lads not Polish or Russian tramps fighting in fields. You like to come across on here that you're quite clever but you obviously have no clue what you're talking about on this subject. Being a football lad isn't just about knocking seven shades of shit out of each other. It's not about rocking up in a field with 'team' t-shirts on. It's about mates brought together by a love for the club they follow, the clothes they wear, how far they can push it in other peoples towns, winning a battle on the day and then having a laugh about it later on, not letting other fans take the piss in their towns and cities and sticking up for what they believe in. Some of the mates you make stay with you for life and you know you can count on them whatever and you'd do the same for them.

Plenty of people don't understand but that doesn't make it bad or the people that do it monsters. There is far worse out there in football than hooligans I can assure you like crooked football owners, bent politicians and greedy businessmen who put profit before anything while we watch the game slowly die.

Otis

It's not a 70's 'thing' and they're English lads not Polish or Russian tramps fighting in fields. You like to come across on here that you're quite clever but you obviously have no clue what you're talking about on this subject. Being a football lad isn't just about knocking seven shades of shit out of each other. It's not about rocking up in a field with 'team' t-shirts on. It's about mates brought together by a love for the club they follow, the clothes they wear, how far they can push it in other peoples towns, winning a battle on the day and then having a laugh about it later on, not letting other fans take the piss in their towns and cities and sticking up for what they believe in. Some of the mates you make stay with you for life and you know you can count on them whatever and you'd do the same for them.

Plenty of people don't understand but that doesn't make it bad or the people that do it monsters. There is far worse out there in football than hooligans I can assure you like crooked football owners, bent politicians and greedy businessmen who put profit before anything while we watch the game slowly die.
How ironic that your username is the Gentleman.

Samo

It's about male posturing by mentally sub-normal thugs who have some deep insecurity probably due to penis size.

Nick

Administrator

I am too young too understand.

Push what?

Bob Latchford

After reading that , maybe , Sharia law is the way forward after all . #NeanderthalBuffoons

chiefdave

Being a football lad isn't just about knocking seven shades of shit out of each other.

It's about ... how far they can push it in other peoples towns, winning a battle on the day.

So its not about the fight but about goading people into a fight and then winning it? :thinking about:

Why should others have to deal with this. If I wanted to have a pint in the Cherry Tree on the way to the match surely I should be able to do that without worrying about it all kicking off? Hence my suggestion that if there are two groups who want to kick off with each other why not do it away from everyone else.

I just can't comprehend the idea of acting like that towards someone because they happen to support a different team.

There is far worse out there in football than hooligans I can assure you like crooked football owners, bent politicians and greedy businessmen who put profit before anything while we watch the game slowly die.

There are plenty of things wrong with football but I would argue that hooliganism did a lot more damage to the game than anything in recent years. Just looks at how the attendances dropped off a cliff, we all ended up watching while locked in cages and weren't even trusted to play other teams in Europe.

Samo

So its not about the fight but about goading people into a fight and then winning it? :thinking about:

Why should others have to deal with this. If I wanted to have a pint in the Cherry Tree on the way to the match surely I should be able to do that without worrying about it all kicking off? Hence my suggestion that if there are two groups who want to kick off with each other why not do it away from everyone else.

I just can't comprehend the idea of acting like that towards someone because they happen to support a different team.

There are plenty of things wrong with football but I would argue that hooliganism did a lot more damage to the game than anything in recent years. Just looks at how the attendances dropped off a cliff, we all ended up watching while locked in cages and weren't even trusted to play other teams in Europe.

Yep, well said.
The worst thing for me is The Gentleman's twisted attempt to endow mindless violence with some sort of nobility.
If that's what does it for you at least have the balls to be honest about what it is.

Grendel

What mindless Neanderthal twaddle.

It's exactly your kind of moronic outlook that has reduced this country to what it is.

Grow up.

Grendel

I am too young too understand.

Push what?

Push the opposing thugs for a fight before it really kicks off and the Gentleman and his fellow retards have to leg it fast.

Nick

Administrator
Push the opposing thugs for a fight before it really kicks off and the Gentleman and his fellow retards have to leg it fast.

I was hoping it was "Push it real good"

tumblr_mc2lfx6DJp1qcvaxho1_r3_500.gif

Otis

What mindless Neanderthal twaddle.

It's exactly your kind of moronic outlook that has reduced this country to what it is.

Grow up.
Sometimes it's hard to believe this is the 21st century isn't it.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

I always thought a lot of them had issues dealing with their sexuality and it's why, as middle aged men, they like to chase and wrestle each other.

If you're that desperate for a fight get in a boxing ring. Oh sorry, most of them would be wheezing on the floor with a minute.

ccfctommy

Very rough around there I spent a week in Coatbridge just down the road and what a dump it is all around there, I only went out locally one night with a group of shop fitters and we went to the curry house and straight back and just had a drink in the room, luckily I spent the rest of the week in a fancy hotel in Stirling and got dropped in to Coatbridge each day.

Not somewhere you would ever consider for a short break with the family.

My mother was born in Bellshill! And my late Grandad came from Coatbridge!!

Macca

Used to think it was exciting back in the day, young and,stupid, but my experience was it was 99% shouting, posturing and running about not fighting. There were 1 or 2 tough nuts but the majority were only interested in getting involved once their opponents were hugely outnumbered and they were in no danger. If you are still into this post 25 probably need to have a word with yourself

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Yes I'm sure the Asian lady with a small child on Bedlam lane was most impressed with all these noble warriors. She looked terrified because of this type of garbage you seem to glorify. That's what they are garbage

Nick

Administrator
Yes I'm sure the Asian lady with a small child on Bedlam lane was most impressed with all these noble warriors. She looked terrified because of this type of garbage you seem to glorify. That's what they are garbage

That's the thing.

By all means have a scrap, but if there are innocent women, kids and blokes walking past they dont need to see it and get caught up in it.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

That's the thing.

By all means have a scrap, but if there are innocent women, kids and blokes walking past they dont need to see it and get caught up in it.

People have either forgotten or weren't there in the 70s and 80s. When you had to watch your back going to or leaving grounds. When you wouldn't wear a scarf because you were picked out,and all the other shit that went on. People wouldn't take their kids because of the trouble thought we had gone past that,seems some people want that time back again.

Nick

Administrator
People have either forgotten or weren't there in the 70s and 80s. When you had to watch your back going to or leaving grounds. When you wouldn't wear a scarf because you were picked out,and all the other shit that went on. People wouldn't take their kids because of the trouble thought we had gone past that,seems some people want that time back again.

Way before my time. I certainly wouldn't want that now though, I am not fussed personally if everybody wants to have a scrap as I can just stand and laugh or carry on about my business but kids shouldn't have to see it or get caught up in it.

It is why I wouldn't take kids to away games as well :(

The 'Casual' scene is summed up perfectly by your post. The sticking together and standing up for each other is what it's all about.
But it's a waste of your time trying to explain why it happens and the feelings associated with it.
People have replied with comments like 'grow up' but there's nothing more childish than some of the responses to your post.

Nick

Administrator
The 'Casual' scene is summed up perfectly by your post. The sticking together and standing up for each other is what it's all about.
But it's a waste of your time trying to explain why it happens and the feelings associated with it.
People have replied with comments like 'grow up' but there's nothing more childish than some of the responses to your post.

I can understand the wanting to stick together, have close mates, have each others backs and have a bit of a buzz. It reminds me of being at school giving the older kids loads of abuse so they would chase us! Just don't understand the how far people can push it in each other's towns etc, doesn't matter if it is Coventry or Stoke on Trent. If people start kicking off then innocent people will get caught up in it or have to witness it.

If they met up out of the way for a scrap then crack on. Actually have the scrap as well, nothing worse than all of the come on then, come on then, hold me back type stuff.

Funniest one was against Millwall, about 15 lads in their late teens were giving it loads to the Millwall fans who were behind police and barriers etc. Giving it the signs, cut the throat etc. One Millwall old boy got through and hurdled the fence and the lads were gone.

hill83

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. You absolute balloon. You have the cheek to call yourself 'The Gentleman'.
Pathetic.

Last edited:

Moff

If you were talking about troops fighting in Afghanistan I would understand what you were on about, about backing each other up and standing together, but as you are talking about a group of men who just want to fight each other because of what team they support and trying to be rock hard, then sorry I am happy that not many people understand what the hell you are on about.

Scaring innocent bystanders, who have only come to watch a game , or happen to be in the area when it kicks off, is not tough nor hard.

hill83

If you were talking about troops fighting in Afghanistan I would understand what you were on about, about backing each other up and standing together, but as you are talking about a group of men who just want to fight each other because of what team they support and trying to be rock hard, then sorry I am happy that not many people understand what the hell you are on about.

Scaring innocent bystanders, who have only come to watch a game , or happen to be in the area when it kicks off, is not tough nor hard.

You're a 'shirter' though mate. You wouldn't understand.
Ha ha ha

Macca

All fine gestures if you are a group of lads in a different city and find yourself in trouble. But this is actively organising and inviting trouble, not quite the same?

Samo

The 'Casual Scene' ? It's 20+ years past you fool. The 'feelings' ? Ah bless, you lads are soooo sensitive, you should get some counselling. :facepalm:

If I'm correct, this is why there is now a rivalry. A bunch of cov fans wearing shirts were attacked in Swindon after a game.

Users who are viewing this thread