Match Thread Cheltenham Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 13th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Hasn't it been working? We won 5 and drew one in the league using it? Does that not suggest it is working.

I agree in this instance, if you are going to have a raft of changes best thing to do is to make it suit the players Baka cannot play alone, as we have seen. But barring the cup games I think the evidence has shown it is working

We haven't been using it. We did before Chaplin arrived but then strangely when he doesn't play we revert back to it leaving the striker completely on their own up front.

steve82

Hasn't it been working? We won 5 and drew one in the league using it? Does that not suggest it is working.

I agree in this instance, if you are going to have a raft of changes best thing to do is to make it suit the players Baka cannot play alone, as we have seen. But barring the cup games I think the evidence has shown it is working

We’ve dropped the 4231 around the time we played Oxford.

We’ve since used a 442 or 4411 system when Chaplin (or Andreu v Portsmouth) has been asked to play deeper.

Walsall and last night we went back to a possible 4231, notably not a 442 that’s worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skybluegod

We haven't been using it. We did before Chaplin arrived but then strangely when he doesn't play we revert back to it leaving the striker completely on their own up front.

Fair enough, I view 4-4-1 as very similar a lot of the time, as with Thomas and Hiwula, they aren't really LM/RM they are much more attacking. And obviously Chaplin drops a lot to get on the ball. But fair enough

Nick

Administrator
Fair enough, I view 4-4-1 as very similar a lot of the time, as with Thomas and Hiwula, they aren't really LM/RM they are much more attacking. And obviously Chaplin drops a lot to get on the ball. But fair enough

That's only if they are up there supporting the striker though and basically playing off him. Last night Shipley and Jones (then Ngandu) were meant to be the wingers but were rarely anywhere near,

skybluegod

That's only if they are up there supporting the striker though and basically playing off him. Last night Shipley and Jones (then Ngandu) were meant to be the wingers but were rarely anywhere near,

Yep agree with that, which is where the limitations of Shipley as a winger come in, and Jones being off the pace does not help

better days

This one? Absolutely nobody supporting him so had to try a shot from a silly angle. Think it went off the defender into the side netting. Had just played a nice 1 - 2 with Bayliss.

nobody-gif.10931
I thought it was the other side of the pitch
Only saw it live though so memory may be playing tricks

Nick

Administrator
Yep agree with that, which is where the limitations of Shipley as a winger come in, and Jones being off the pace does not help

Sometimes you will have Thomas going really advanced trying to play off a flickon but it's pretty rare.

Otis

Apparently Shipley's partner has just had a baby and they're up half the night so I don't suppose he's bursting with energy
Can men have babies now then? Cos I'm sure he's gay based on all the yells and shouts from the stands.

Mind, some call Shipley a pussy, so maybe it's him that had the baby.

covcity4life

What? I doubt it, was much better than Brown in first 10 games of the Season and has now been out of injury for a couple months.
he was not much better at all imo

i think mason has been alright and wa svery impressed with him vs qpr u23s recently dont get me wrong but he benefits from jordan clarke syndrome in that because hes small if he makes jsut 1 tackle hes done so so well in some fans eyes.

skybluegod

i think mason has been alright and wa svery impressed with him vs qpr u23s recently dont get me wrong but he benefits from jordan clarke syndrome in that because hes small if he makes jsut 1 tackle hes done so so well in some fans eyes.

As Otis said there isn't much height difference, and there isn't any bias.

He was much better in his first 10 games than Brown was in his. Brown has now started to get better, but every game he gets skins at least 2/3 times, and he often dives in for stupid challenges. neither is perfect, but also wouldn't suggest either will be gone next summer. And if one is to go it will be Brown IMO, but don't think either will.

covcity4life

As Otis said there isn't much height difference, and there isn't any bias.

He was much better in his first 10 games than Brown was in his. Brown has now started to get better, but every game he gets skins at least 2/3 times, and he often dives in for stupid challenges. neither is perfect, but also wouldn't suggest either will be gone next summer. And if one is to go it will be Brown IMO, but don't think either will.
fairplay shocked on the height thing. thought it be more. brown getting better and we winning. i guess the answer will be given to us by robins selections over res tof season

like i said mason been alright so wouldnt be surprised, just if asked today i would say mason be one to go.

Otis

fairplay shocked on the height thing. thought it be more. brown getting better and we winning. i guess the answer will be given to us by robins selections over res tof season

like i said mason been alright so wouldnt be surprised, just if asked today i would say mason be one to go.
It's Brown's hair that makes him look 6 inches taller.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Also, I may be misreading what you mean here, but Jordan Clarke was about 6 foot?

Users who are viewing this thread