Match Thread Cheltenham Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 13th Nov (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

how long does the excuse last for being poor?
Good point Nick, and that's why he's only being used in snatches during League games - and we have benefited from it twice. There is no saying that he will fully recover. If so, what a shame for him and us, It won't be down to his lack of ability (which is why Leeds were prepared to shell out a lot for him), it will because he has (sadly) failed to recover from a really bad injury. hopefully, that's not the case.

Gazolba

It's funny how Peterborough and Portsmouth seem to be able to win cup games as well as league games.
I can only think their squads much be far stronger than ours.

Covkid1968#

On the plus side I’m guessing our fans haven’t got on the pitch!!! That’s one game on the trot our fans have maintained some self control....I’m feeling positive

ccfcway

It's funny how Peterborough and Portsmouth seem to be able to win cup games as well as league games.
I can only think their squads much be far stronger than ours.

And on the same side of the fence, Burton and Bradford, funny how they have done very well in recent time and are behind us in the league, we must have a better squad

LilleSkyBlue

All games matter to me and I'm galled at going out like that.

The second half was very lucklustre. Too many players taking the option of passing backwards. We seemed to be under a lot of pressure in defence and not getting the ball away very effectively.

Burroughs looked useful when he came on. Bakayoko looked energetic but well off the pace. Jones was nowhere near his best but darted about here and there. Shipley disappointed me despite one or two neat bits of play.

I hope this experience does loads of good to Ngandu, Eccles, McCallum, Williams and Hickman because there was no way they were going to beat Cheltenham tonight.

covcity4life

Even if we finish top?
So r u saying no1 should say anything negative till end of season?

So dumb. No one is going ott. Some wanted a good cup run. We r Dissapointed. Wveey1 agrees Saturday is much bigger

To say 3 losses in a row even if only 1 in league is not good is not over reacting.

Brighton Sky Blue

So r u saying no1 should say anything negative till end of season?

So dumb. No one is going ott. Some wanted a good cup run. We r Dissapointed. Wveey1 agrees Saturday is much bigger

To say 3 losses in a row even if only 1 in league is not good is not over reacting.

Not even a cup run just getting beyond the first sodding round

Nick

Administrator
Bakamoko was shite - hardly involved and very poor body language.

Wonder what his pass completion was compared to Jones, Grimmer or Bayliss?

It is random watching certain players picked out, even though you can tell before kick off it really isn't going to work. Have been having a discussion for days about a lone striker not working, especially not Bakayoko on his own. he played him on his own with nobody at all around him again.

It's no wonder he gets pissed off chasing shadows and when he does get it, everybody runs away rather than getting into the box.

Madness he gets singled out.

Sky Blue Harry H

Both nowhere near the first team, says something when he is playing Thompson at Right back instead.

What is strange, is that Jack Grimmer made team of the year, and whilst we had some doubts about getting caught out of position, he was a real favourite last year.

larry_david

I'm desperately disappointed Liam Kelly didn't play any part in either match. In times when Doyle and agogo are drawing questions, Liam is the man to step in and it's annoying he keeps getting set backs

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

All people paid money to play football. Playing a system which hasn't worked for us at all even with our first 11.

It will be an achievement if we get a shot on target, more than likely Luke Thomas trying a worldie (if he actually comes on)

It was £5, £3 for OAPs. It’s hardly bank breaking stuff mate. I enjoyed seeing what our youngsters have to offer. It wasn’t the best performance by any stretch, but it was getting some youth players minutes and giving important players minutes back from injury, it’s not the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

If there's more than 2 players from today playing on Saturday, I'll buy everyone on here a (virtual) pint from my winnings tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread