Match Thread Cheltenham Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 13th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Cheltenham Town vs. Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Magwitch

I hope Robins takes this tournament seriously and puts out his strongest side possible to win, maybe seen as a Mickey Mouse cup but another day at Wembley is always good for morale.

larry_david

He's been banging on about getting players up to speed and minutes. Win this and we are through to knockouts and our squad is big enough and capable enough to deal with it.

Lob, grimmer, Mason, hyam, ogogo, Jones, Shipley, baka, Kelly should all play if fit

Londonccfcfan

I’d play close to full strength team.

Bayliss and Jones need to start. Both looked awfull and very rusty vs Walsall.

Important to progress in this cup, to give our squad players competitive matches.

Rest Willis and Doyle only.

Burge
Grimmer
Hyam
Thompson
Brown
Jones
Ogogo
Bayliss
Shipley
Chaplin
Bakayoko

Give Kelly 30 mins and Hiwula and JCH 20 mins from bench.

D

Deleted member 2477

Micky mouse cup that no one outside the lower leagues even cares about. Yes we won it and a great day out but weve got the t shirt no need for another. Concentrate on the league as this club needs another promotion or its going no where

steve82

Last cup competition were involved in and I want to progress to the knockout stages.
Assuming Tom Davies is fit I’d go....
--------------O’Brien------------
Grimmer--Hyam--Davies--Brown
Thomas--Bayliss--Ogogo--Shipley
------Bakayoko----Hiwula------

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Didn't Hiwula (who was one of our better players on Saturday) take a bit of a knock before he went off? If so, I'd doubt he'd play. Bakayoko has to play - and perform. If he isn't chomping at the bit, I don't know when he will be.

Sky Blue Harry H

Micky mouse cup that no one outside the lower leagues even cares about. Yes we won it and a great day out but weve got the t shirt no need for another. Concentrate on the league as this club needs another promotion or its going no where

We have been on an upward curve. We would love - but can hardly demand - a successive promotion. Even without promotion, providing we have a stadium, and don't have a fire sale, MR has a sound base from which to improve the squad next year, and I would fancy us to be a force next season already, under those circumstances.

hinckley cov

Must agree don’t care about this cup just the league

CanadianCCFC

Also got a squad full of not-quite-fully-fit players who need minutes and no other competition to provide them

Alkhen

Is this 100% pointless now, are both teams out?

Its local to me so will go along regardless just wondering what to expect teams wise. Last seasons mauling of the robins was a minor highlight for me so will bring back fond memories :)

no_loyalty

Is this 100% pointless now, are both teams out?

Its local to me so will go along regardless just wondering what to expect teams wise. Last seasons mauling of the robins was a minor highlight for me so will bring back fond memories :)

If we win we will qualify for the next round as group runner's up

Alkhen

If we win we will qualify for the next round as group runner's up

Oh nice, for some reason I thought only one team went through.

I suppose it depends if MR is bothered about a minor cup run. wonder how much we got from the cup winning Wembley appearance?

rob9872

A lot of the U21's progressing this year including Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs & Man City. I'm fairly convinced at least one of those make the final this time around and further devalue this competition.

We've had our day out there, time to bin this now and then also drop the EPL teams from the League cup and make that Championship, L1 & L2 only.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

_______________LOB
Grimmer___Hyam___Thompson___Mason
Jones_____Ogogo_____Kelly*____Shipley
____Bakayoko____Hiwula

Burge; Camwell; Williams; Hickman; N'Gandu; Walters*/Westbrooke*; Stedman

*if fit

Gibbo

LOB
Grimmer
Thompson
Hyam
Mason
Jones
Ogogo
Kelly
Shipley
Hiwula
Bakayoko

Bench 7 kids

2-1 win and through with an away knock out game to come!
IF Davies is out we need to wrap Hyam and Willis in cotton wool. I'd find another partner for Thompson

better days

I think we need to play Bakayoko, cos he was isolated against QPR U23's.
He was isolated because he decided to stand and wait for the ball instead of making runs to find space and pull defenders out of position
He needs to start showing some hunger and desire

chiefdave

A lot of the U21's progressing this year including Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs & Man City. I'm fairly convinced at least one of those make the final this time around and further devalue this competition.
Would serve them right if they ended up with something like Man City v Newcastle in the final at Wembley in front a few hundred supporters.

Sky Blue Harry H

LOB
Grimmer if fit
Thompson
Williams
Mason
Ogogo
Kelly
JJ
Shipley
Andreu
Bakayoko
(4-2-3-1)
Would be carrying too many players not yet fit in that team. Andreu and JJ not ready yet for 90mins. 90mins.Thompson was poor, as was Mason on Saturday (though I'd give them another go) Bakayoko would need to work his nuts off and play like Superman to pull that team through (imho). All about opinions!

steve82

LOB
Grimmer if fit
Thompson
Williams
Mason
Ogogo
Kelly
JJ
Shipley
Andreu
Bakayoko
(4-2-3-1)

Majority of the time we’ve played 4231 the lead mans been isolated or kept quiet all game, Bakayoko has been identified as isolated since last Monday so think we’d be better to play Bakayoko alongside Chaplin say in a 442, we’d be more of a attacking threat in my eyes.

Put him alone up front you might as well slate him and write him off before a balls kicked in frustration.

Let’s give him some service and a partner and see what he can do, he’s powerful individual who if coached and loved could be a real asset and let’s face it we’re potentially a injury away from him being the lead man in the league with Chaplin or JCH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Put him alone up front you might as well slate him and write him off before a balls kicked in frustration.

Agree with this. Happy to eat my words, but if we play him as a lone striker, I can't see us winning (unless we have a pretty much full squad playing behind him)

Users who are viewing this thread