Match Thread Cheltenham Town (A) (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Looking forward to seeing which of our two 2nd choice goalkeepers wins the battle between two bald men fighting over a comb and gets to start vs Forest

WestEndAgro

Rangers playing Brighton at 5.30, I'll be watching, wondering if Leo will be involved 🤔

mark82

Feels like we're way behind with our pre-season at the moment. Covid obviously had a big impact. Recruitment seems to have been difficult too. Confident we'll get there eventually, but first few weeks could be tough as we get up to speed.

usskyblue

Moore will be fine

200w.gif

Mucca Mad Boys

Cheers, let’s say Bushiri signs as well, 2 signings would be a CB and versatile midfielder?

If it’s 3 signings, I’d guess a LWB, CB and a CM. As for the 4th signing, at a guess, I could see us signing either a CAM or a more experienced centre back to eventually replace McFadz. Long term, we need to move on from Kelly and McFadz despite them being instrumental last season.

There’s a few things for Robins to consider:

- is Reid ready to step up to the championship?
- can DaCosta play LWB effectively?
- likewise with Burroughs at RWB and LWB
- does MR trust Pask and Rose to be effective in the championship?
- does he trust his CM options?
- how committed to 'the box' and if Robins trusts JJ to be effective there

All around, I think the Championship will be of a lower standard this season than previous years because of the prolonged impact of loss of ticket revenue has had on the league. A lot of teams, really relied on ticket sales to keep their losses sustainable and lot of those teams will be tightening their belts. A few teams are yet to make signings and generally it seems to be a slower transfer window for the entire league so the league is definitely in transition.

NortonSkyBlue

We've scored just 1 goal in 300 mins of friendlies so far, and have conceded 13.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Put like that it is a damning statistic and doesn’t bode well for the season ahead. The Covid outbreak has done us no favours but that is possibly the same for all teams. We are a couple of weeks away from when we have to be ready and I suspect there will be lots of unpredictable results in all leagues until it all settles down with the Euro’s, covid and incomplete squads.
I hope we can hit the ground running but I wouldn’t put my house on it at present but I have faith in the manager to have a competitive team when the season begins.

CDK

If we can finish 15th or 16th that will be ok but ideally 11th or 12 th to show real progress.

fatso

If we can finish 15th or 16th that will be ok but ideally 11th or 12 th to show real progress.
It's got to be a massive week or 2 of transfer dealing if we are to improve on last years position.

Users who are viewing this thread