Match Thread Cheltenham Town (A) (1 Viewer)

Greggs

No leadership in the side is always a worry. James and Kelly we so so important for us last season. With Hamer and Sheaf we are very weak.

Speedie's Head

Yes apart from signing Leon Clarke and Mcnulty who both had a superb goals per game record

Yes mate, I agree. I loved Sparky and I liked JCH and Max very much. Max reminded me so much of Big Cyrille, holding the ball up and his distribution, we won't get that from young Walker in a month of Sundays. I'm hoping Waghorn can do it (I've not seen him yet) but I'm looking for pre-season goals against these weaker sides. I'm just hoping the other sides are scraping around the same as we seem to be

usskyblue

tenor.gif

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes mate, I agree. I loved Sparky and I liked JCH and Max very much. Max reminded me so much of Big Cyrille, holding the ball up and his distribution, we won't get that from young Walker in a month of Sundays. I'm hoping Waghorn can do it (I've not seen him yet) but I'm looking for pre-season goals against these weaker sides. I'm just hoping the other sides are scraping around the same as we seem to be

Ban

ceetee

There’s a strong possibility that we'll start the season with a team that hasn't played together. I don't think it will be the first time

mark82

Yes exactly, the best teams are Championship quality. The teams he’s been at are not and struggled to play for them

In 19/20 he played the majority of minutes that he was in Belgium before curtailment. Does look like he struggled to get in at Blackpool before that though. For me, it's one you'd buy as development not loan for first team. If we ended up having to rely on someone who had struggled in league 1 a couple of years earlier (albeit at quite a young age) I'd be concerned.

tommy hutch legend

waghorn looked good when he came on a class above what we have .walker had the ball played to his feet numerous times and didn't hold or lay the ball off once don't think he will get to much game time as first choice tbh

SeaSeeEffCee

waghorn looked good when he came on a class above what we have .walker had the ball played to his feet numerous times and didn't hold or lay the ball off once don't think he will get to much game time as first choice tbh
Didn’t we spend a million on him? Going to struggle to recoup that if we cast him off

Paxman II

TBF I was there today, though missed the first 20 minutes. Standing close to the dug out and conversations, though nothing was really said. Robins no looking worried by any stretch. It was a much needed work out to get some minutes into legs. Jones looked very positive when he came on. O'Hare looking to get into his game. Hamer picked up the pace second half and looked much more impressive then. Gyokeries came on and I think he is very direct and think he will be good for us this year. Waghorn did his thing and looked to have a bit of quality about him, bring good saves from their keeper. DeCosta looks very decent and enthusiastic. McFaz at the back directing everything. Wilson looks much more assured than Moore. We passed it around a lot and had the majority possession even with half the first teamers missing and young lads coming on at 54 minutes and 80 minutes. Sheaf looks quality on the ball. If there is a criticism, then we need to learn to get the ball in the box more and stop letting the playmaker be McFaz!? Guess we are missing key players that would make things tick. Drysdale actually did well and looks very competent. But you know we lack Ostigard. Dabo had a brief spell to get his legs working. Jones will keep someone else out the side. Shipley, as ever not at the races.
just got to see what we do when most of the first team are together. It looked like we were just in first gear and not worried about any result. A bad back pass from Allen I think it was saw them through for the second. Until then we had decided to have a go for 10 minutes and the goal looked inevitable but for their goalkeeper.
Nah no worries, lots more to do but the philosophy is there, even in the young kids who played.

Sky Blue Pete

In 19/20 he played the majority of minutes that he was in Belgium before curtailment. Does look like he struggled to get in at Blackpool before that though. For me, it's one you'd buy as development not loan for first team. If we ended up having to rely on someone who had struggled in league 1 a couple of years earlier (albeit at quite a young age) I'd be concerned.
He was 19 ffs

stupot07

Robins doesnt sound that impressed with the trialist.

And long term target should be in 10 days time....just 4 days before the season starts.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread