Match Thread Cheltenham Town (A) (2 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

Got Eccles too.

Frankly, we've got more pressing issues than CM so if it is an issue I can only see MR using a loan to cover. Unless he can offload Shipley and Allen to bring one more in.

We’ve been linked to Walsh and James and our good friend @better days has confirmed we looked at these two players. Therefore, we’re definitely looking to strengthen that area but, we haven’t signed anyone in that position, yet. It’s area of the pitch we absolutely need more experience in.

Waghorn and Moore are two signings that suggest Robins is keen on adding experience to a young team.

With that in mind, I’d be surprised if we haven’t signed a CM before the transfer window shuts.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don’t know our budget and who we can get for what price. One of the wingbacks would be Maatsen on loan and the other a free transfer if possible.

We have 3, maybe 4 (max), signings left and you’d spend 2 of those on LWBs? Don’t quit your day job.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They’ve both been slightly behind him. The sort of balls that would have been “impossible to get to” with a certain unnamed french striker up front.

Maybe that the problem. They've been used to crossing to Max and they know he only scores worldy overhead kicks and misses tap-ins so have got used to aiming crosses accordingly.

Skyblue_CP

But what are the chances Maatsen is another McCallum? He wasn’t a standout player by any means at Charlton in L1, good but not someone you’d rave about.
Surely you understand that there is an element of risk/scouting that goes into picking footballers? You cant sign 10 LBs and hope one is "another McCallum"

SlowerThanPlatt

giphy.gif

Tea & Busquets

Surely you understand that there is an element of risk/scouting that goes into picking footballers? You cant sign 10 LBs and hope one is "another McCallum"
Never said that, i just think we should have some proven championship players in the mix as well. The scouting that’s done is based on talent and ability, not league adaptability per say, we’ve seen good players jump leagues after a stellar season and look like a completely different player, i’m just a bit worried, sorry if i’m making this out to be bigger than it is.

Users who are viewing this thread