Match Thread Cheltenham Town (A) (3 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Moore does go down early. Their striker rounded him and he was crawling on the floor to try and get the ball. Defender got back and we got a goal kick.

Mucca Mad Boys

Decent player, ended the season well and I’m hoping he has a breakout year. Robins will be mindful that he’s inexperienced so it’s best to not have to rely on a player like that. There’s a reason our win % was significantly higher with Kelly in the team and it’s not because he’s our most talented player.

You need leadership and experience in your team, especially in a 46 game season.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

With Kelly injured, we’ve got Sheaf and Hamer to play in central midfield... who else have we got?

Seen a few comments saying we need a LWB and 2 CBs. One too many CBs as our options aren’t that bad at all. However, losing James and Kelly (to injury), Robins will almost definitely be targeting a CM.

Got Eccles too.

Frankly, we've got more pressing issues than CM so if it is an issue I can only see MR using a loan to cover. Unless he can offload Shipley and Allen to bring one more in.

Liquid Gold

Beautiful run by Gyokeres, Hamer played a perfect through ball. 1 on 1. Played it low into the bottom left. Keeper got fingers to it.

fatso

It's too early to panic, and pre season results mean fuck all, but ....

The only additions to the squad that finished last season are Moore, Waghorn and Bright. (And Brights not fit)

And we've lost Ostigard, Mcallum and James
And we have Kelly and Godden injured.

I just hope MR is going to be busy in the transfer/loan market this week, and I hope there not all inexperienced teenagers coming here to learn from their numerous fuck ups!

Users who are viewing this thread