Match Thread Cheltenham Town (A) (2 Viewers)

junglej13

What can we expect when even in a pre season friendly Robin's won't play 2 upfront, so yet again, just have 1 isolated striker.
The first half line up sent a shiver down my spine. Five defenders, two holding midfielders, Shipley struggling to get in the game, O'Hare running round like a headless chicken and an isolated striker not touching the ball and getting dogs abuse. Camped in our half for the whole game with no out ball. Shipley drifting corners to the back of the penalty area. Watched 20+ games last year where we had a similar line up and it was like Groundhog Day. It is honestly the blueprint to cause as little problem for the opposition as possible. If Robins is going to play this formation we need an attacking midfielder with pace. Hopefully Bright will add something but without him the fans will get very restless with it I suspect.

Last edited:

shmmeee

The first half line up sent a shiver down my spine. Five defenders, two holding midfielders, Shipley struggling to get in the game, O'Hare running round like a headless chicken and an isolated striker not touching the ball and getting dogs abuse. Camped in our hald for the whole game with no out ball. Shipley drifting corners to the back of the penalty area. Watched 20+ last year where we had a similar line up. It is honestly the blueprint to cause as little problem for the opposition as possible. If Robins is going to play this formation we need an attacking midfielder with pace. Hopefully Bright will add something but without him the fans will get very restless with it I suspect.

You need the wingbacks to be brave and the midfield to control the game for the box to work. It happened very rarely last season.

Mucca Mad Boys

I wasn't suggesting he was, although it wouldn't necessarily surprise me.

Just pointing out that if he did then I would be concerned. Hasn't he started two friendlies in a row though anyway?

Shipley started the second game v MKD. If anyone has bothered to check that XI, it was basically our U23s and a few fringe players. The only exception being Gyo, who I doubt will be a starter when the season starts on Day 1.

Anyone can see we haven’t started our full strength team because of injuries/illness/self-isolation. Plus, it’s preseason, the result is irrelevant.

Tea & Busquets

Bushiri, Maatsen and another CB at minimum. Having the worlds slowest back 3 last season definitely sped up the greying of my hair.
I say we get tom lees in and another lwb, reid isnt cutting it yet for first team consistent football. Maybe midfield cover if we can manage the priors.

Hobo

Mate it’s a disgrace. Robbins has got us looking totally unorganised and like we have done no training. It’s time for him to go now surely

Most teams look like that for the first four or five games of the season 😂

Mucca Mad Boys

You need the wingbacks to be brave and the midfield to control the game for the box to work. It happened very rarely last season.

We’ve only got 3 first team strikers in the squad today, so we’re not going to play 2 strikers for the whole 90m because the personnel isn’t there.

Besides, the box worked a few times last season. I prefer COH playing in a 10 role behind two strikers and reckon that’ll be our first choice of system going into this campaign.

TomRad85

Sorry this completely passed me by and i cba to scroll back. If only 1 trialist is playing in a team made up from the first team squad I assume said trialist is impressing to an extent, and I assume the trialist is Chima?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Sorry this completely passed me by and i cba to scroll back. If only 1 trialist is playing in a team made up from the first team squad I assume said trialist is impressing to an extent, and I assume the trialist is Chima?

It’s Rocky Bushiri

Tea & Busquets

bushiri mate

Mucca Mad Boys

Hate that Allen is still close to the 1st team.

With Kelly injured, we’ve got Sheaf and Hamer to play in central midfield... who else have we got?

Seen a few comments saying we need a LWB and 2 CBs. One too many CBs as our options aren’t that bad at all. However, losing James and Kelly (to injury), Robins will almost definitely be targeting a CM.

Ccfcisparks

With Kelly injured, we’ve got Sheaf and Hamer to play in central midfield... who else have we got?

Seen a few comments saying we need a LWB and 2 CBs. One too many CBs as our options aren’t that bad at all. However, losing James and Kelly (to injury), Robins will almost definitely be targeting a CM.
Eccles?

steve101

Eccles

Users who are viewing this thread