Chelsea interest in Callum Wilson (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
But isn’t that just a marketing ploy by the club to get more people through the gates? The majority of manages in the EFL will say this at some point during a summer transfer window.

How have they not stayed silent? If you look, the vast majority of their messages about the fincancials specifically regarding player sales they have been filtered through other avenues. E.g. CT or MR. The only time I remember a director coming out and directly saying player sales will be reinvested into the squad was Dave Boddy - and he still messed that up slightly as he then effectively inadvertently retracted the clubs statement and claimed that only some of the McNulty money will be used for incoming signings.

I don’t want fans to believe SISU either as they are in simple terms, liars and bullies. But the club needs to be more proactive and think of ways to figuratively subtly distance themselves from SISU otherwise sections of fans will continue to believe the likes of Dave Boddy are puppets of Joy. When in reality they’re not at all, they’re employees of the club who are trying the best they can in precarious circumstances.

So if it's a marketing ploy Robins saying that getting people through the door helps him put more on the pitch surely you will just say the same otherwise?

It's been said multiple times that the money helps keep the club running. Anderson said at the time that the Maddison money would help keep the club going for years to come or something like that.

It's that people don't have any interest in trying to understand and think if we get £2m for players and don't then spend £2m it must be going to SISU.

What exactly do you want to be said?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Fisher has repeatedly said the transfer fees go into the club. The reaction from many fans has always been not to believe him. Why would Boddy be more believable given his obvious lack of authority? Boddy is also an employee who has to do and say what the directors & owners say, just like MR.

The club in the past has provided a summary of key points in the accounts as have media outlets like the CT or CO

The only entity that can sell a player is Otium Entertainment Group Limited, that is the entity that owns a player's registration and of course the golden share (which allows the club to trade in the EFL including player sales & purchases). The audited accounts have to reflect that. Transfer fees (paid or received) all have to show in the Otium accounts.

The player profit that is shown is a net figure after deducting the cost of originally buying the player and agents fees (on sale & purchase).

Many clubs do not disclose their individual fees, there is no requirement to do that either from the EFL or Company Law.

Many clubs do not disclose transfer fee amounts because it becomes commercially sensitive when trying to trade in players. Not to mention it invites pressure to spend the money that might not actually be received for months.

Non disclosure of an individual fee could be required by the other club involved in the contract. Disclosure of all individual fees would be interesting to read but in the end achieve what if all clubs are not required to do so

To disclose might not be the directors or CEO decision they might well have to take their instructions from the owners

There may be other external factors that mean the owners best option is not to disclose information.

SkyBlueCRJ

Spurs might be sniffing around too. They need to back Potchettino or risk losing him to Man U. Kane is also injured for 2 months and they need a goal scorer if they are to keep up with the top two. Personally, that’s probably a better fit for Wilson than Chelsea as I don’t trust them to play him.

He’s certainly not worth 75m, not even 50m. But, the prices in January are always inflated and Solanke’s transfer has undoubtedly inflated the prices articifically too. Last but not least, Premiership clubs don’t need to sell like they used to, and it’s a seller’s market. Clubs won’t sell unless the price they set is met.

Unless they are desperate to sign him I think they’ll almost certainly be looking at cheaper alternatives. In all fairness to Spurs their owner has taken on a huge amount of debt (rumoured to be £1B) with their new stadium, so to be honest I can almost guarantee that Spurs can’t even afford him as funds will be tight.

skybluegod

But you can’t base the fact that Higuain is on the decline on one season. And his record this season is a better return than the strikers Chelsea currently have. Plus even if you are right and he is on the decline. Chelsea don’t have to sign him at the end of the season, I think that’ll probably be based on a performance/appearances clause.

Wilson IMO would’ve been a panic buy. In this market I do genuinely believe he’s worth £50M but that’s because I’m biased. But objectively with all the points laid out on the table, a 6-month loan for an established striker in comparison to a £70M minimum fee for a player with injury problems is a far better deal for the club.

Yes you can? Wilson's record is also better? okay yes they don't have to sign him but it still leaves them in the position of then having to find another striker? I don't think there are any available now or will be in summer that present a better option than Wilson?

I don't think it's a panic buy as such, just more of a gamble. 70 Million is quoted by the media. Bournemouth IMO would bite at 50 million, for the points you outlined! No offense, but if you can see it so can they.

SkyBlueCRJ

So if it's a marketing ploy Robins saying that getting people through the door helps him put more on the pitch surely you will just say the same otherwise?

It's been said multiple times that the money helps keep the club running. Anderson said at the time that the Maddison money would help keep the club going for years to come or something like that.

It's that people don't have any interest in trying to understand and think if we get £2m for players and don't then spend £2m it must be going to SISU.

What exactly do you want to be said?

Exactly that proves my point. Why are the club consistently hiding behind others to relay their own messages? There’s no logic in it. Why the lack of transparency?

I thought you’d bring that up. Great he mentioned that in the future we’d set to benefit from Maddison’s sale, but he neglected to commment what the near-on £3M was to be used for. All he said was that it’s not about the upfront money it’s about how much money that can be made in the seasons to come. I’m sorry but that’s beyond ambiguous and if you argue otherwise you’re arguing for arguments sake. There’s no wonder fans jumped on the “SISU’s taken the money” bandwagon.

I think the majority probably want messages to come out of the horses mouth rather than rely on MR or the CT to comment. I’m hardly expecting a step by step plan of how the money will be used. But for the vast majority who don’t read the accounts or are bothered to understand, let them know if money is going into the running costs of the club, or tell them some of it will be given to MR. The clubs hierarchy seem to be terrified of our fanbase but all they want is a bit of honesty. It might not convince the majority but that’ll never happen. It’s more aimed at removing any ambuity surrounding what money is ending up where.

steve82

Looking at our league position, it's an unfair characterisation to say recruitment has been bad. For me, it's been quite good. It's fair to say Brown and Ogogo haven't quite gone as well as planned, but with both of them recovering from knee ligament injuries, there was always a risk. With Ogogo, whilst he hasn't impressed me, he hasn't really had a run in the team and considering both Kelly and Doyle are seemingly Captain and Vice, and Bayliss is our best player. It seems like a bad move and maybe Robins had a plan for him but this has gone out of the window. Clearly, Ogogo is unhappy not playing and made that clear as early as October (iirc) and is probably causing a fuss, I get the impression from @better days that he and Brown are causing issues in the dressing room (if I’ve got that wrong, I apologise, I’m going off recall). If that’s the case, they’ve got to go especially if we’ve got similar/better players in their positions.

Recruitment wasn’t perfect last season, we were very light on the wings when Jones got injured and without the elevation of Shipley and Bayliss (who came out of nowhere), where would we have ended up?

The reality of our situation is that, within 2 years, we’ve gone from relegation to L2 to top half in L1, potentially playoff contention. Recruitment has to be good for us to get to that point. It hasn’t been perfect but there’s going to be gaps when we have had to sign the amount of players we have done, with a budget to adhere to.

Signing players for the development team is a real success of Robins’ recruitment policy. Within one season, we’ve go Hyam and now McCallum turning into first team players. This is the first manager to have any kind of long-term planning in years at this club.

For me it was going into both summer windows primarily setting up for the 4231 and going with few natural wide players probably lacking priority added with the likelihood of the budget not quite able to cover all bases with players able to slot in

From my point of view the summer recruitment of senior players for consideration for the match day side wasn’t all that bad on paper and previous form what you’d scout on looking at the list of Brandon Mason, Junior Brown, Abu Ogogo, Jordy Hiwula, Connor Chaplin, Amandou Bakayoko and on loan the exciting prospects of Luke Thomas and Dujon Sterling.

It’s only now looking back some are finding issues with the signings from lack of goals to not being selected in match day squads to the rumblings of unrest from individuals.
When players fall out the side they accept it and fight back for the shirt in the right way or wrong or pick up a pay check each month content.

Guess we won’t ever know the truth on certain players to the ifs and whys... tho I’d not be shooting MR for anyone of the above names too much, but I’d question anyone who suggests it all his fault players he’s signed who have not performed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Exactly that proves my point. Why are the club consistently hiding behind others to relay their own messages? There’s no logic in it. Why the lack of transparency?

I thought you’d bring that up. Great he mentioned that in the future we’d set to benefit from Maddison’s sale, but he neglected to commment what the near-on £3M was to be used for. All he said was that it’s not about the upfront money it’s about how much money that can be made in the seasons to come. I’m sorry but that’s beyond ambiguous and if you argue otherwise you’re arguing for arguments sake. There’s no wonder fans jumped on the “SISU’s taken the money” bandwagon.

I think the majority probably want messages to come out of the horses mouth rather than rely on MR or the CT to comment. I’m hardly expecting a step by step plan of how the money will be used. But for the vast majority who don’t read the accounts or are bothered to understand, let them know if money is going into the running costs of the club, or tell them some of it will be given to MR. The clubs hierarchy seem to be terrified of our fanbase but all they want is a bit of honesty. It might not convince the majority but that’ll never happen. It’s more aimed at removing any ambuity surrounding what money is ending up where.

I'm not sure what you are trying to get across now? Because the club didn't point out how exactly the club would be using the Maddison money and figures it means it was all taken?

Who is hiding behind what exactly? Are you purposely ignoring particular things that are being said? I have given you links to what people at the club have said, what has been on the official website. It's been made pretty obvious that the club is now being run on a self sufficient basis.

People jump on the bandwagon because people go out of their way to spin things and stir things up to mislead the fans. Why's that?

You don't even really seem to know what you want to be said and by who.

skybluegod

Dave Boddy and Tim Fisher, HAVE both said that the money raised goes into the running of the club? The information is there for all those to see. If they cannot or will not read up on it, then more fool them for making themselves look stupid.

Nick

Administrator
Dave Boddy and Tim Fisher, HAVE both said that the money raised goes into the running of the club? The information is there for all those to see. If they cannot or will not read up on it, then more fool them for making themselves look stupid.

You can see a perfect example just going through this thread. I have given links and quotes and they just get ignored.

It is selectiveness. "CCFC haven't said anything directly to me in my living room in person, Oh look somebody is telling everybody that SISU take all of the money so it must be true"

People have no interest at trying to at least understand things, it's easier to just repeat what somebody on Facebook told them. It's not just about CCFC, it's things in general.

Wiseoldfool

safe_image.php

Reactions: vow

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
buying and selling players is just as much a part of running a professional club as wages or paying rent. Transfer fees are not ring fenced at any club, not least because circumstances change

How do you quantify something like transfer add ons that you dont know the size of, when it will happen, the circumstances of the club at the time it happens, the intentions of the owners or others at the time it happens?

If they provide that detail even just in general terms, if they could, and then it doesn't happen it just provides a big stick for fans to beat them with.

The only clarification i can see that could be added is that all money coming in to the club will be used to fund the running of the club, which includes transfer fees, wages, overheads and financial commitments. and maybe add that to date the owners have not taken out any capital or interest (if that is the case )

skybluegod

You can see a perfect example just going through this thread. I have given links and quotes and they just get ignored.

It is selectiveness. "CCFC haven't said anything directly to me in my living room in person, Oh look somebody is telling everybody that SISU take all of the money so it must be true"

People have no interest at trying to at least understand things, it's easier to just repeat what somebody on Facebook told them. It's not just about CCFC, it's things in general.

Exactly, at the risk of bringing up Brexit, people say that Leave misled the public, no the information was there to prove what they were spouting was a load of bullshit, people just decided to listen to people like Farage.

People like to read and hear what they want, and that will never change.

SkyBlueCRJ

Yes you can? Wilson's record is also better? okay yes they don't have to sign him but it still leaves them in the position of then having to find another striker? I don't think there are any available now or will be in summer that present a better option than Wilson?

I don't think it's a panic buy as such, just more of a gamble. 70 Million is quoted by the media. Bournemouth IMO would bite at 50 million, for the points you outlined! No offense, but if you can see it so can they.

Come on you make out Wilson’s already scored 20 goals this season. Higuain has scored 2 less goals than him this season. Judging from recent seasons AC Milan seems like a disaster club to play for anyway so unless you’ve watched Higuain at AC Milan this season, neither you or I can come to that conclusion based on half a season I’m afraid.

You make out Wilson is the only target Chelsea could go for? What about Piatek of Genoa, Pepe of Lille? Both in great form this season and both would cost less and have scored more than Wilson. Albeit they have no experience in the Premier League but at least they don’t have his injury record and are both younger. Exactly, it gives Sarri time to source another striker whilst not having to worry about his own strikers not performing? I wouldn’t necessarily say that’s a bad thing at all, the opposite in fact.

I’ve not said otherwise. I think they would probably accept less but even so why would they even spend £50M on a striker who’s a ticking time bomb. They’ve found a better solution from both a financial and footballing standpoint. I’m failing to see why you don’t see that.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyBlueCRJ

Dave Boddy has improved the communication between club and fan but further improvement is almost definitely needed. I’ve mentioned this if you read my post.

I’m sorry but where has TF said this? From the articles I’ve read all he’s said is that CCFC funds aren’t spent on SISU’s legal campaigns

Nick

Administrator
Dave Boddy has improved the communication between club and fan but further improvement is almost definitely needed. I’ve mentioned this if you read my post.

I’m sorry but where has TF said this? From the articles I’ve read all he’s said is that it isn’t spent on SISU’s legal campaigns

He has said it multiple times. He has been the one who has overseen / implemented the "self sufficient" stuff.

You still haven't said what you want to be said and by who? Meanwhile trying to completely disregard things put to you because it wasn't said in a certain way by a certain person.

You have:
  • Statements on the club site
  • Independent Experts in the local media
  • Independent Fans having a look through them.
All saying the same thing effectively, don't you think if there was a sniff of anything like that then the Telegraph would have it front page news for about 2 weeks?

It's exactly the same as when SISU's accounts came out and people then tried to use those to say SISU were taking all of the money.

shmmeee

I'm not sure what you are trying to get across now? Because the club didn't point out how exactly the club would be using the Maddison money and figures it means it was all taken?

Who is hiding behind what exactly? Are you purposely ignoring particular things that are being said? I have given you links to what people at the club have said, what has been on the official website. It's been made pretty obvious that the club is now being run on a self sufficient basis.

People jump on the bandwagon because people go out of their way to spin things and stir things up to mislead the fans. Why's that?

You don't even really seem to know what you want to be said and by who.

Do we run at a profit Nick?

If not, what are our yearly losses that need covering from player sales?

skybluegod

Come on you make out Wilson’s already scored 20 goals this season. Higuain has scored 2 less goals than him this season. Judging from recent seasons AC Milan seems like a disaster club to play for anyway so unless you’ve watched Higuain at AC Milan this season, neither you or I can come to that conclusion based on half a season I’m afraid.

You make out Wilson is the only target Chelsea could go for? What about Piatek of Genoa, Pepe of Lille? Both in great form this season and both would cost less and have scored more than Wilson. Albeit they have no experience in the Premier League but at least they don’t have his injury record and are both younger. Exactly, it gives Sarri time to source another striker whilst not having to worry about his own strikers not performing? I wouldn’t necessarily say that’s a bad thing at all, the opposite in fact.

I’ve not said otherwise. I think they would probably accept less but even so why would they even spend £50M on a striker who’s a ticking time bomb. They’ve found a better solution from both a financial and footballing standpoint. I’m failing to see why you don’t see that.
No I don't, you are putting words in my mouth to make an argument. Wilson has scored more goals? I have watched AC Milan play this season, and Higuain hasn't been at the levels of his previous seasons.

If you aren't going to go for someone with premier league experience, then you need to go for someone with top club experience. Players like Iago Aspas, have done well for smaller teams in spain but never did it in the Prem.

You are predicting the future now to back an argument? Can you actually read? I have said i MAINLY AGREE with your first post, but pointed out some other facts. You really are very strange sometimes.

skybluegod

I’m sorry but where has TF said this? From the articles I’ve read all he’s said is that CCFC funds aren’t spent on SISU’s legal campaigns

Nick as answered. I'm not going to go dig it out for you, you can search it yourself if you want to read it.

SkyBlueCRJ

He has said it multiple times. He has been the one who has overseen / implemented the "self sufficient" stuff.

You still haven't said what you want to be said and by who? Meanwhile trying to completely disregard things put to you because it wasn't said in a certain way by a certain person.

You have:
  • Statements on the club site
  • Independent Experts in the local media
  • Independent Fans having a look through them.
All saying the same thing effectively, don't you think if there was a sniff of anything like that then the Telegraph would have it front page news for about 2 weeks?

It's exactly the same as when SISU's accounts came out and people then tried to use those to say SISU were taking all of the money.

I’m still failing to understand why you’re arguing my point as it’s hardly contentious and again, it seems to me you’re arguing for arguments sake because as per you throw your toys out the pram when someone disagrees with you. A club representative to be directly communicative with the fans if a player is sold to put those who don’t read the accounts, at rest. Please tell me where you find issue with that? I think it’s you that’s ignoring my responses to your examples because you know they’re completely ambiguous.

I’ll give you some examples of my own as you clearly think you’re so in the right:
- Upon the sale of Callum Wilson, Pressley stated that the Wilson money would allow himself and Waggot to field a competitive team. Yet again club director hiding behind the manager and to make matters worse we didn’t spend a penny that window.
- When JM was sold, Anderson claimed the Maddison money would sustain the club in future years. Fine fair enough officially putting his name on a quote. But still pretty ambiguous as I’m pretty sure that was referring to the ad-ons we’d eventually earn. No mention of what the up front money was going to be used for.
- JM sell-on clause. Nothing was mentioned in the press or on the ccfc website.

I have said what and by who, you’re just not reading my posts properly and typically jumping to disregard points the moment I post. Obviously it has to come from Dave Boddy. Who else would it come from? Neither TF or any representative from SISU have any credibility with the fanbase. Not that SISU would bother putting their name to a statement regarding financials anyway. I’ve stated Dave Boddy has already done this, albeit he inadvertently retracted a club statement during his appearance in a fans forum meeting, but he’s making the effort to improve what was a huge issue for the fans.

Amazing you don’t think there isn’t a communication problem with the club.

Nick

Administrator

That will change every year and have loads of variables, do you want the club to come out and say how much the club needs to make from players going every year?

The last published accounts player sales were way down compared to the year before. Obviously since then we sold McNulty so will see in the next set released if it has gone up.

SISU have still been putting smaller loans in as well.

skybluegod

From my understanding, we don't run at a profit, I think but may be wrong as it was a long time ago I read the facts, we made an operating loss of around 1 million, so players sales have to meet that? I would assume, but would also assume that in March, you will be able to get the most up to date picture of this, and see how much player sales need to cover.

skybluegod

I’m still failing to understand why you’re arguing my point as it’s hardly contentious and again, it seems to me you’re arguing for arguments sake because as per you throw your toys out the pram when someone disagrees with you. A club representative to be directly communicative with the fans if a player is sold to put those who don’t read the accounts, at rest. Please tell me where you find issue with that? I think it’s you that’s ignoring my responses to your examples because you know they’re completely ambiguous.

I’ll give you some examples of my own as you clearly think you’re so in the right:
- Upon the sale of Callum Wilson, Pressley stated that the Wilson money would allow himself and Waggot to field a competitive team. Yet again club director hiding behind the manager and to make matters worse we didn’t spend a penny that window.
- When JM was sold, Anderson claimed the Maddison money would sustain the club in future years. Fine fair enough officially putting his name on a quote. But still pretty ambiguous as I’m pretty sure that was referring to the ad-ons we’d eventually earn. No mention of what the up front money was going to be used for.

I have said what and by who, you’re just not reading my posts properly and typically jumping to disregard points the moment I post. Obviously it has to come from Dave Boddy. Who else would it come from? Neither TF or any representative from SISU have any credibility with the fanbase. Not that SISU would bother putting their name to a statement regarding financials anyway. I’ve stated Dave Boddy has already done this, albeit he inadvertently retracted a club statement during his appearance in a fans forum meeting, but he’s making the effort to improve what was a huge issue for the fans.

Oh the Irony

Nick

Administrator

The club isn't going to come out and explain everytime it receives a payment on exactly how it is going to be spent. That generally doesn't happen in football at all does it? There may be the odd owner here or there but it isn't the norm.

How can Anderson guarantee how addons that haven't even happened are going to be used? You are also assuming that money coming in and being used to keep the club running means buying players. It's so much more than just transfer fees that need to be paid out. Things like the new gym installed at Ryton for example.

When the accounts are released every year they have a basic breakdown on the club site, there is no hiding. It's just that your expectations seem way higher than generally happen at the majority of football clubs and businesses and if that doesn't happen it must mean SISU take all of the money (even though it's been explained otherwise).

You have multiple people trying to explain things to you, it seemingly isn't just me. Must be easier to just keep on ranting and move the goalposts to justify the rants?

"They are taking the money"
"They aren't, have a look at through the accounts breakdowns"
"but nobody told me what exactly it was spent on"
"Football clubs dont generally"
"Anderson didn't say exactly what all of the money went on"
"It went on running the club / covering losses etc, the money didn't leave the club"
"Yeah but they are hiding. It's no wonder people say SISU take all the money if nobody says exactly where it went"

That's how silly it sounds. It's as if people want somebody at the club to say something just so they can shout "bullshit" about it and get worked up even more.

The majority of the issue is people chinese whispering for attention and to people trying to get fans riled up at CCFC and trying to mislead fans for their own gains.

SkyBlueCRJ

No I don't, you are putting words in my mouth to make an argument. Wilson has scored more goals? I have watched AC Milan play this season, and Higuain hasn't been at the levels of his previous seasons.

If you aren't going to go for someone with premier league experience, then you need to go for someone with top club experience. Players like Iago Aspas, have done well for smaller teams in spain but never did it in the Prem.

You are predicting the future now to back an argument? Can you actually read? I have said i MAINLY AGREE with your first post, but pointed out some other facts. You really are very strange sometimes.

Again though, perhaps you are right and he is in decline but AC Milan is a disaster club to play for. The rate they bring in players is ridiculous. Similarly, you’re basing that opinion on half a season which is completely illogical.

But wouldn’t that be a similar gamble for Wilson? There are plenty of cases where strikers have done well for smaller teams in the Premier League but have bombed when brought in by a top 4 club. Like I stated in my initial post: big fish in a small pond syndrome.

I don’t exactly think I’m strange because I’ve argued against your post. I’m not predicting the future I’m using past evidence to back up my point and have formed a conclusion out of that. I’ve hardly have pulled facts from thin air have I.

Nick

Administrator

Here's an example of something completely misleading the fans. There's so many other examples from "authoritative figures" amongst CCFC fans.

How can people challenge somebody while the majority are shouting about things that haven't even happened?

Not only does banging on about SISU taking all the money distract from things they DO do. It also puts people off going to games because they have an idea in their head Joy is stood by the turnstyles counting the cash.

SkyBlueCRJ

The club isn't going to come out and explain everytime it receives a payment on exactly how it is going to be spent. That generally doesn't happen in football at all does it? There may be the odd owner here or there but it isn't the norm.

How can Anderson guarantee how addons that haven't even happened are going to be used? You are also assuming that money coming in and being used to keep the club running means buying players. It's so much more than just transfer fees that need to be paid out. Things like the new gym installed at Ryton for example.

When the accounts are released every year they have a basic breakdown on the club site, there is no hiding. It's just that your expectations seem way higher than generally happen at the majority of football clubs and businesses and if that doesn't happen it must mean SISU take all of the money (even though it's been explained otherwise).

You have multiple people trying to explain things to you, it seemingly isn't just me. Must be easier to just keep on ranting and move the goalposts to justify the rants?

"They are taking the money"
"They aren't, have a look at through the accounts breakdowns"
"but nobody told me what exactly it was spent on"
"Football clubs dont generally"
"Anderson didn't say exactly what all of the money went on"
"It went on running the club / covering losses etc, the money didn't leave the club"
"Yeah but they are hiding. It's no wonder people say SISU take all the money if nobody says exactly where it went"

That's how silly it sounds. It's as if people want somebody at the club to say something just so they can shout "bullshit" about it and get worked up even more.

The majority of the issue is people chinese whispering for attention and to people trying to get fans riled up at CCFC and trying to mislead fans for their own gains.

Have I said that? I understand the costs attributed to a football club so you don’t need to provide an example thanks.

My issue is you assume if it’s in the accounts why should people moan which is a ridiculous view in itself as not everyone reads the accounts. That’s my primary issue I have with your statement. I’m not moving goalposts at all. You’re trying to rubbish my comments without actually stating an alternative of what you’d do to help the situation.

Nick

Administrator
Have I said that? I understand the costs attributed to a football club so you don’t need to provide an example thanks.

My issue is you assume if it’s in the accounts why should people moan which is a ridiculous view in itself as not everyone reads the accounts. That’s my primary issue I have with your statement. I’m not moving goalposts at all. You’re trying to rubbish my comments without actually stating an alternative of what you’d do to help the situation.

What I'd do is find out why people are trying so hard to make things up and push that something else is happening and put a stop to that. I have approached people to ask if they want to put out a few facts to clear things up.

Nobody has said that somebody should qualify as an accountant and go through it, there are plenty of breakdowns which give the main points. Independent Experts also go through the accounts. The media also pay them to do it and give them information.

It all boils down to people really not caring how true it is before they shout about it. I've had the conversation multiple times to point things out to people who refuse to go but they won't have it.

The usual thing is to play on the word "opinion" and claim that it's their "opinion" that SISU take all of the money and they are entitled to it. It doesn't matter about any facts they are given.

Captain Dart

To be honest Nick you've just proven @zuni 's point. The fact fans have to trawl through the club's accounts proves that there clearly exists a lack of communication between club and its fanbase - which in turn causes issues and wild fan theories. Fans shouldn't be expected to look at the clubs accounts to get simple information. The club know transfer fees are a widely discussed subject amongst disgruntled fans so why not just come out and say what the money is being used for. They won't win either way but at least they're being honest. Simply saying nothing doesn't help anything and fuels pessimism.

As paying fans, we shouldn't have to wait until the end of the financial year to find out answers.

Not only that we have Fisher claiming "We are unlike most other football clubs, in that we do not benefit from non-ticketing revenue." which is manifestly bollocks a claim comprehensively demolished in by OSB in a topic last year.
But we dont have any other income.......

CanadianCCFC

Not sure if it was said here already (and I didn’t want to read about Sisu rn) but Chelsea have signed higuain on loan. Spurs and Arsenal have both said that they won’t be paying any transfer fees this January so unless it’s a loan with a deal to buy in the summer the only place I could see Wilson going is Liverpool.

Sbarcher

Not sure if it was said here already (and I didn’t want to read about Sisu rn) but Chelsea have signed higuain on loan. Spurs and Arsenal have both said that they won’t be paying any transfer fees this January so unless it’s a loan with a deal to buy in the summer the only place I could see Wilson going is Liverpool.
Hooray! Back on topic.

Users who are viewing this thread