Chaps hearing the ricoh deal is done.. (2 Viewers)

Astute

The average ticket price would need to be £32 with 32k capacity crowd to achieve a £1m gate receipts per match.

How much is the average Prem ticket?

A lot of people seem to think we should pay whatever is the average.

stupot07

How much is the average Prem ticket?

A lot of people seem to think we should pay whatever is the average.

Probably about £28.

There's plenty who think we currently charge too much and use that as a reason for not going to games....ours is one of the cheapest tickets in league one.

Astute

Probably about £28.

There's plenty who think we currently charge too much and use that as a reason for not going to games....ours is one of the cheapest tickets in league one.

Think you will find the average is more than that.

Otis

Yep. Hear it said on 5 Live the other day that it's around £40.

Just had a quick look at Norwich as an example and a ticket typically for Norwich v Newcastle, next but one game up is £43.

Last edited:

stupot07

Think you will find the average is more than that.

I made an estimate based on this survey, To be fair this is only adult match day prices and doesn't include season ticket prices or kids/concessions so when you consider those its probably not far off £28 per ticket.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14367608

Astute

And also the season tickets cost more for less games.

TheUKGryphon

I get free tickets from somebody each game.. Just text me saying "ricoh deal is done" watch this space..

OK mate, what is your source and what is the deal. Serious fans have serious worres about the future of our club and we're absolutely fed up with the bullshit rumours that go around and get posted on here.

State your source or state what you know in full or keep shtumb. OK pumpkin?

J

Jack Griffin

But still charging way above market value, that to me is unreasonable. There was a thread dedicated to unreasonable people charging above face value for CCFC v Spurs tickets, yet some of those would defend ACL :facepalm:

SISU are defining market value on thier own terms.. not on realistic values for what they are renting.

J

Jack Griffin

I started uni in 2008 so no-and going to Scotland I pay a snip at £1800 a year tuition.

I went to uni in the 70's, HE was free then. In fact I got a grant, I think it was about £1800 p.a.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jack Griffin

A win for the SISU bullies will be welcomed by some on here. Great for the short term, lets see what they get up to next and where we are in 5 years

The idiots that is, they can't see what is going on.. how thick can they be?

PhilWasn'tBabb

Or ACL think more of our club than SISU do

Really, do you really believe that ? There just as hard noised as SISU. By most measures, the ACL got the financial incompetence in charge of the club at the time to sign up to a rent way above the going rate for a club in the championship.

Astute

Really, do you really believe that ? There just as hard noised as SISU. By most measures, the ACL got the financial incompetence in charge of the club at the time to sign up to a rent way above the going rate for a club in the championship.

Hard nosed like SISU? Are you a Pompey fan having a laugh?

All negotiations have been one sided. ACL could have gone through the courts all the way from the start. SISU have continued to take the p!ss.

torchomatic

Well, ACL have said they don't need the club so we will soon find out if it's true.

PhilWasn'tBabb

Hard nosed like SISU? Are you a Pompey fan having a laugh?

All negotiations have been one sided. ACL could have gone through the courts all the way from the start. SISU have continued to take the p!ss.

How do you know any of that, the negotiations have been behind closed doors and the details haven't been report to any great degree. I agree SISU have taken an extreme position to deal with the rent issue. I doubt they did that lightly, there must have been a reason (putting aside the issue that they might be trying to force the ACL in admin)

Last edited:

Astute

How do you know any of that, the negotiations have been behind closed doors and the details haven't been report to any great degree. I great SISU have taken an extreme position to deal with the rent issue. I doubt they did that lightly, there must have been a reason (putting aside the issue that they might be trying to force the ACL in admin)

It has been well quotet as a big discount on rent and a share of matchday revenue.

What makes you say SISU have acted fairly and have been looking for an end to this? Why do you think it is fair of them not to be paying any rent at all, at least what they see as a fair rent?

torchomatic

And their 67% rent reduction was dismissed as being wholly untrue. Both sides are playing games with the future of CCFC.

It has been well quotet as a big discount on rent and a share of matchday revenue.

What makes you say SISU have acted fairly and have been looking for an end to this? Why do you think it is fair of them not to be paying any rent at all, at least what they see as a fair rent?

PhilWasn'tBabb

The big discount and match day revenue isn't really details of how they negotiations were undertaken, that just the outcome. To me the fact that they have dropped so fair so fast shows they know they have been taking the piss for sometime. As above I don't see SISU as being "fairly" I think there being "extreme" but I don't think they will have taken that decision lightly

SISU have a duty to get the best deal for the club. That involves pay the players league one wages, paying league one transfer fees, and, if they can get away with it paying league one rent.

Astute

But they are not paying league 1 rent. They are paying squatters rent.

Don't this worry you at all?

PhilWasn'tBabb

Well we're lead to believe that they want to pay, what they(SISU) consider to be a fair rent.

I am somewhat concerned at how long it has taken to sort the rent issue out. But I would be equally concerned if we were cutting the playing staff and still paying out the same rent week in, week out with trying to mitigate our other out goings (rent included)

Given that SISU are now 40 ish million in the hole with ccfc, do you think they will have taken the decision to withhold the rent lightly ?

Astute

But if they were willing to pay something until it was sorted I am sure ACL would take it.

My only hope that they are withholding the rent to build up a pot to sign McG. Not going to hold my breath though.

PhilWasn'tBabb

That would be nice wouldn't it , but i agree its unlikely.

I think from the SISU side they would see paying anything would weaken there position, and would buy the ACL sometime with the bank.

Sky Blue Pete

But if they were willing to pay something until it was sorted I am sure ACL would take it.

My only hope that they are withholding the rent to build up a pot to sign McG. Not going to hold my breath though.

Loved your comment about not answering my question as you were excited!! Made me smile!

What's the scenario from now?

Business is screwed in all areas I think now and sisu no worse or better than most!

Astute

Loved your comment about not answering my question as you were excited!! Made me smile!

What's the scenario from now?

Business is screwed in all areas I think now and sisu no worse or better than most!

Sorry needed a beer and only scanned page. Not so easy on phone :D

As I have said I am hoping this is not coming towards the endgame whete they pull out if we don't get promoted. I can't get my head around the non payment of rent at all. If they paid what they see as fair I would be much happier. As most of you kniw I have had faith all season even when near the bottom. I am thankful for the squad we have. That is what has given me the faith. Just pay a bit of rent please.

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry needed a beer and only scanned page. Not so easy on phone :D

As I have said I am hoping this is not coming towards the endgame whete they pull out if we don't get promoted. I can't get my head around the non payment of rent at all. If they paid what they see as fair I would be much happier. As most of you kniw I have had faith all season even when near the bottom. I am thankful for the squad we have. That is what has given me the faith. Just pay a bit of rent please.
Yeah would hold them in a better legal light too! Or pay what they can afford??????

PhilWasn'tBabb

The legal thing will take months, at best, it's very hard to know how this will all play out in the end, there has been so much miss information, two thread today, one saying the deal is done, the other saying talks have stalled. In all likely hood nothing will happen before the start of next year.

Honestly, if something isn't agreed early in the new year then I think the rent isn't the issue and SISU are trying force the ACL into admin to try and get there hands on a cut price ground. (A move i would not support under any circumstances)

cloughie

I've done some independent research, I found 5 teams who pay rent, average of 213k, Joy said 6 times over market value. 1.28m divided by 6 = 213.3333333333333... Apologies welcome.

However, there may be more teams who rent.

yes there are other teams that rent you did not include Leeds in your averages , why is it to high for your averages and well if joy said or for that matter tim said then it is fact

Brighton Sky Blue

yes there are other teams that rent you did not include Leeds in your averages , why is it to high for your averages and well if joy said or for that matter tim said then it is fact

For the 2nd time Cloughie, Leeds aren't in our league!

cloughie

For the 2nd time Cloughie, Leeds aren't in our league!

No, obviously but sbt always likes to quote championship averages with his mini research and facts from joy and tim

trouble is you can't find the 'facts' as quoted by the joy on the football league website or elsewhere

Grendel

No, obviously but sbt always likes to quote championship averages with his mini research and facts from joy and tim

trouble is you can't find the 'facts' as quoted by the joy on the football league website or elsewhere

Why even if that figure is true (which is unlikely) why would the quoted acreage not be true? We know Ipswich pay £15k a year and Hull £5kbso that's £400k average from those 3.

Just admit of all council funded projects we are the most disadvantaged. Even if the Leeds figure is true (it is not believed by Leeds fans) remember they sold the ground in the first place,

cloughie

Yes they sold the ground and didn't we sell our ground and effectively sell our share of the ricoh

All other stadiums owned by local authorities don't have mortgages on them that need to be paid

lets screw the higgs trust into oblivion and they only saved the building of the ricoh otherwise we would have been homeless years ago

Users who are viewing this thread