Chaps hearing the ricoh deal is done.. (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

OK, straight question, yes or no will do. Also directed at the others with the same view.

Would you rather the club went out of business rather than ACL reduce their rent?

It'll be a sad day if true.

SISU created the "rent issue" as a totally contrived excuse - ACL could have played their cards right and used it to force SISU out of CCFC, instead they spinelessly give in to the bully boy tactics of the money men.

Some people on here have criticised me for "wanting Coventry City to die / move to Hinkley etc" - actually I don't; it's just that I happen to think that right vs wrong is more important than "what's in the best interests of CCFC?"

Disorganised1

No

But that's what I'd prefer, I'd also prefer it if they gifted us the ground and my council tax bill was reduced to £1 a month.

Astute

OK, straight question, yes or no will do. Also directed at the others with the same view.

Would you rather the club went out of business rather than ACL reduce their rent?

Are you happy with the way SISU have dealt with a local charity to get what they want?

torchomatic

Yes, I am. I support the football club. I want what's best for the football club.

Are you happy with the way SISU have dealt with a local charity to get what they want?

stupot07

I have decided many of you are right.

I am going to sell my house. A nice house has just come up for rent near me. Only £1,800 a month. I will move in then withold the rent until they let me have it for the average rent for the area. Looks like it is just under £700 a month. It is only fair as I couldn't afford £1,800 a month and keep up with the lifestyle I am used to.

The house analogy is nonesense, can we stop using it please.

Otis

Yes, I am. I support the football club. I want what's best for the football club.

This is where you and I differ, Torch.

I want what's best for the football club, but also want the right thing to be done for the city of Coventry.

There's people on here who have said they would sell their souls to the devil to get the deal done. Well for me, this isn't just about Coventry City. This is about our city and the people of Coventry and charities. The right decision has to be made for the whole city so that the whole city can benefit.

I am a Coventry City fan first and foremost, but I am also a proud citizen of this city and I love my town too.

We shouldn't only be talking in terms of Coventry City FC. Otherwise further down the line this could all come back to bite us on the bum.

We all know that Sisu have no interest in the city of Coventry and their remit is solely based on making money for their clients. Most football owners own clubs because of their love of the game and in many cases, for the love of their club.

Same goes for me. I love my club. I won £100m on the lottery I would buy the club, quite clearly knowing it would lose money.

CCFC is not the only consideration here. Selfish to only think in terms of what is best for CCFC. We have to try to look to something that brings about security for CCFC and also ensures the security of the stadium and also procures the best scenario for the citizens of this city.

Last edited:

Grendel

You didn't answer the question posed.

I'll answer yours - if that was required to achieve a result it really does not bother me.

Do all those people who take the moral high ground refuse to shop at supermarkets? The way they bully producers is far worse.

If sisu had Mr Coventry on their side telling everyone the clock is ticking very few would be so opposed to the behaviour.

Astute

I can't believe that people could be so much against SISU and the way they ruined our club, but as soon as it comes to holding a charity to ransom they have done the right thing :thinking about:

Yes there should have been a rent reduction, but the more I see about SISU the less I trust them.

torchomatic

Yep, that's where we differ.

As for what's best for the people of Coventry, etc etc, well maybe the people of the City should start supporting their team.

I want what's best for the football club, but also want the right thing to be done for the city of Coventry.

There's people on here who have said they would sell their souls to the devil to get the deal done. Well for me, this isn't just about Coventry City. This is about our city and the people of Coventry and charities. The right decision has to be made for the whole city so that the whole city can benefit.

I am a Coventry City fan first and foremost, but I am also a proud citizen of this city and I love my town too.

We shouldn't only be talking in terms of Coventry City FC. Otherwise further down the line this could all come back to bite us on the bum.

We all know that Sisu have no interest in the city of Coventry and their remit is solely based on making money for their clients. Most football owners own clubs because of their love of the game and in many cases, for the love of their club.

Same goes for me. I love my club. I won £100m on the lottery I would buy the club, quite clearly knowing it would lose money.

CCFC is not the only consideration here. Selfish to only think in terms of what is best for CCFC. We have to try to look to something that brings security of CCFC and ensures the security of the stadium and also procures the best scenario for the citizens of this city.

torchomatic

The club was ruined long before SISU turned up.

I can't believe that people could be so much against SISU and the way they ruined our club, but as soon as it comes to holding a charity to ransom they have done the right thing :thinking about:

Yes there should have been a rent reduction, but the more I see about SISU the less I trust them.

coundonskyblue

CCFC is not the only consideration here. Selfish to only think in terms of what is best for CCFC. We have to try to look to something that brings about security for CCFC and also ensures the security of the stadium and also procures the best scenario for the citizens of this city.

Great post

stupot07

I don't agree with the witholding of rent, but I do agree that a rent reduction is only right and proper.

Otis

Yep, that's where we differ.

As for what's best for the people of Coventry, etc etc, well maybe the people of the City should start supporting their team.

They should. But what can you or I do about that?

Some of the people of Coventry should stop burgling houses and mugging people on the streets and committing crimes.

Maybe these people should stop doing that too.

We can't make people go up the Ricoh. Only thing that will make that happen is success on the playing field.

Astute

The club was ruined long before SISU turned up.

I feel so much better now I know SISU are innocent of all charges and it was not their fault we got relegated to where we are now :facepalm:

torchomatic

Oh, I forgot to add. This bit of your post was bollocks. A small percentage maybe, but most? Nah.

Most football owners own clubs because of their love of the game and in many cases, for the love of their club

torchomatic

Who said they were innocent? Please quote where I said that? I said that the club was fucked before they turned up. Their biggest mistake was getting involved with us in the first place.

I feel so much better now I know SISU are innocent of all charges and it was not their fault we got relegated to where we are now :facepalm:

Astute

Who said they were innocent? Please quote where I said that? I said that the club was fucked before they turned up. Their biggest mistake was getting involved with us in the first place.

Are you saying we have done OK with them in charge?

I was starting to see good in what they were doing. I will never trust them ever again now. How safe is our club with them in charge when they are more than happy to shaft a charity? I am now more worried for our future than ever before.

Any idea what they will do next? I think there are worrying times ahead

torchomatic

A charity with assets of around £20M too.

Otis

We are not safe with them in charge.

This then delivers a conundrum for me. I want the club to own the stadium but do not trust Sisu should they get their hands on it. We therefore need new owners, but looks like no-one out there wants us.

What a to do, what a to do!!!

torchomatic

Astute

Who owns the lease? Who pays for the lease? Who put the money in when it was needed? Who is ACL?

dongonzalos

And right not to pay any rent until they get what they want?

I agree on a reduction. I don't agree on the way SISU do things. They have held a charity to ransom. How long will it be before they do something again that the fans know is wrong? Just because something is the best for our club it don't make it morally right.

SISU are alright when they shaft others and it may be advantageous to CCFC.
They are only bad when they shaft CCFC.
Come Astute get with the program, you will never survive here unless you start to learn.

I am sure in the not too distant future probably next season you will be allowed to hate them.

crowsnest

Who owns the lease? Who pays for the lease? Who put the money in when it was needed? Who is ACL?

Who owns the lease - ACL
Who pays for the lease -already been paid upfront by the bank
Who put the money in when needed - the council in the form of a loan £21m - now fully repaid
Who is ACL - a private company owned by football investors limited and north Coventry holdings limited

Surprised you didn't know that

Last edited:

dongonzalos

SISU will need to do business with the both the Higgs trust and the council in the future. Both if they did not already know it will now have had an interesting insight into why SISU have the reputation of formidable aggressive business people.

torchomatic

I just thought you always wrote to him when you were concerned about the club?

Why? :thinking about::thinking about:

Why would he know what to do?

coundonskyblue

Who owns the lease - ACL
Who put the money in when needed - the council in the form of a loan £21m - now fully repaid
Who is ACL - a private company owned by football investors limited and north Coventry regeneration llimited

ACL is a company owned by the Council & the Higgs trust. North Coventry Regeneration Limited is owned by the Council and has nothing to do with the running of ACL.

torchomatic

Astute

Who owns the lease - ACL
Who is ACL - a private company owned by football investors limited and north Coventry regeneration llimited

Surprised I didn't know something that isn't true? :D

Otis

I just thought you always wrote to him when you were concerned about the club?

Torch you really are a prat sometimes. :facepalm:

I wrote to hm once. This was at a time when it was believed there was possibly someone waiting in the wings wanting to take over the club and based upon the very reasoned, rational and consitent arguments of the likes of OSB of how unsafe the Ricoh would be in the hands of Sisu.

For me OSB is one of the very best posters on here and he talks an awful, awful lot of sense. I therefore take a lot of credence from what the likes of himself and others have said about Sisu's most likely end game.

Why are you being a total twat about my writing to the council who represent my city and only writing just that once to air my concerns?

Sometimes you are a real arse. And why you have to be a total arse at Christmas especially is beyond me.

I'm happy to debate and argue a point, but that is at least 3 times now where you have tried to score petty silly little points by mention John Mutton.

You remind me of a spotty kid on the school playground name calling and sticking your tongue out at people.

For fooks sake get a grip you wet lemon!! are you a grown man or a petty little school boy? :whistle:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread