Chaplin to Salford? (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Tweets circulating about Salford buying Conor Chaplin....

PVA

As far as I can see there is one tweet from a bloke with 195 followers. Doubt there's anything in it.

Gazolba

We do need to get rid of Chaplin but we could also loan them Ponticelli.

lord_garrincha

***Wait's for the tweet 'We have reluctantly accepted a £5 million joint bid from Salford for Chaplin and Bakayoko, but rejected the £1.5 million bid for Julian Gray.'***

higgs

What's their existing record fee paid for a player?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Exit Stage Left

Think he was a free transfer but they gave him big wages

Yes, I think Adam Rooney is on £4,000 a week at Salford. It was more the wages then the transfer fee that Salford's rivals were complaining about. I doubt Conor Chaplin is on £4,000 a week.

Magwitch

Am I the only one who’s optimistic he’ll still come good? I think a pre-Season with us will do him the world of good.

Not ready to give up on him just yet
I feel the same, fans forget he’s very much a rookie and joined after a lot of unnecessary speculation coming into the successful shoes of Mark McNulty. Missed chances yes but then you have to be in position to miss them. I certainly wouldn’t flog him.

Sick Boy

Am I the only one who’s optimistic he’ll still come good? I think a pre-Season with us will do him the world of good.

Not ready to give up on him just yet

Even around November time in League 2 you’d have had the same comments about McNulty even though it was clear that he was quality at that level, I do sometimes wonder about some of our fans.

Chaplin does have the potential and he’s still young and not played a lot of first time football. If Robins can utilise him properly, I think he could still come good but there was way too much hype and expectation.

There were people on hear going on about how backing him to be top scorer in this league was like printing money!!

TewkesburySkyBlue

I feel the same, fans forget he’s very much a rookie and joined after a lot of unnecessary speculation coming into the successful shoes of Mark McNulty. Missed chances yes but then you have to be in position to miss them. I certainly wouldn’t flog him.
I agree. I trust MR and am sure he will come good next season.

Gazolba

Even around November time in League 2 you’d have had the same comments about McNulty even though it was clear that he was quality at that level, I do sometimes wonder about some of our fans.

Chaplin does have the potential and he’s still young and not played a lot of first time football. If Robins can utilise him properly, I think he could still come good but there was way too much hype and expectation.<snip>
Chaplin will never 'come good'. He's as good as he ever will be. He's 5'6" and 152lb, way too short and lightweight for a striker.
In my opnion, we'd be far better off developing Ponticelli. He'll be far better than Chaplin ever will be.

higgs

I don't see him fitting into our style of play so it looks like a strange signing for me maybe a luxury we could get rid of and utilise the money to better effect?

Magwitch

Chaplin will never 'come good'. He's as good as he ever will be. He's 5'6" and 152lb, way too short and lightweight for a striker.
In my opnion, we'd be far better off developing Ponticelli. He'll be far better than Chaplin ever will be.
I haven’t seen a lot of Ponticelli and to be fair was injured a lot of last season and maybe he can be developed but so could Chaplin who imo fans should give a clean slate too as for being just 5ft 6in and lightweight Lionel Messi isn’t exactly a porker is he.

Skybluefaz

I haven’t seen a lot of Ponticelli and to be fair was injured a lot of last season and maybe he can be developed but so could Chaplin who imo fans should give a clean slate too as for being just 5ft 6in and lightweight Lionel Messi isn’t exactly a porker is he.
Brilliant

Sick Boy

Lol

ccfcway

If they can afford to pay £4K a week for Adam Rooney they can fork out decent fees for players. I’d be shocked if they were anything less than hugely competitive in the market next season in League Two.

They could afford to pay his wage because they didn’t have to pay a fee. Agreed they will be competitive with wages, just don’t see this pot of gold extending to over the odds transfer fees

higgs

All the ex pompey players seem to be moving on chaplain is the last remaining ex pompey player so looks like a pattern that he will be off aswell. Mcnulty Doyle Davies o brien all gone

ddsdube

Too small...!?! Maradona, messi, Stirling etc etc all seem to do ok!

He’s young, missed pre-season and had an injury hit season.

Give the lad a chance!! McNulty and plenty before him took a bit of time to get going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtrench

I'd like to see Chaplin alongside Max. Whilst often stumbling in front of goal, Max wins a lot in the air. Could be the making of Chappers.

RegTheDonk

Isn't this the club owned by a load of old Man U players. You would think they would know a decent player when they saw one (mind you, MR falls into that bracket!) - and have the money to finace it.

Users who are viewing this thread