Championship thread 23/24 (14 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

Can't wait to hear Russell Martin say again..." so proud of the lads" we were so brave and dominated possession with 1000 passes.

He's under pressure..

fernandopartridge

Stoke fans calling for Schumacher to go. You'd have to laugh if he was given the bullet and Plymouth stayed up (which itself seems likely).

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

Today's results would have looked a darn sight better if we hadn't capitulated last night, still we gave to be thankful that the teams queueing behind us didn't take advantage.

Hobo

Today's results would have looked a darn sight better if we hadn't capitulated last night, still we gave to be thankful that the teams queueing behind us didn't take advantage.

It is what it is for all the teams. We won't be alone thinking what might have been tonight?
Time to focus on the games to come and not look back on the ones that have been put to bed.

bigfatronssba

Two play off places remaining.

Watford and below aren’t in contention.

Sunderland probably just still in with a chance but looking unlikely.

So 5 teams contesting 2 places

IMG_1622.jpeg

long way home

Going to be lots of freak results to come yet, even at the top that is not set.

Still say 4 teams for 2 play offs spots. US, Hull, WB and Norwich.

Gynnsthetonic

We're 2 points better off than this time last season, we got thumped by Stoke 4-0 on April 1st, plenty of points to play for with a few twists and turns, I just don't think we've got that bit of quality to get into the play offs this year unfortunately

procdoc

We're 2 points better off than this time last season, we got thumped by Stoke 4-0 on April 1st, plenty of points to play for with a few twists and turns, I just don't think we've got that bit of quality to get into the play offs this year unfortunately
I somewhat agree. Gyokeres and Hamer were the X-Factor and let’s not forget how good Doyle and McNally were for us too.

covcity4life

It was never over after yesterday but greats results regardless.

Be funny is Leicester didn't go up

I would still not count Sunderland a nd Middlesbrough out but does look like perhaps likes of Watford are nearly out of it.

It's our own points tally that I am concerned about considering tiredness and injuries.

Win Monday and confidence should be high again hopefully

Sky Blue Harry H

Apologies if it's been posted elsewhere, but see Ilias Chair of QPR has been arrested/charged ? for hitting a truck driver with a rock (or some such) Assisted with a goal today!

shepardo01

So it seems we pretty much got away with last night
In terms of other results - yes, but in terms of what happened, how it happened and the effect it could have on the players, plus the Saka injury, it really could, (and I hope it isn't) despite these results, be the end of our playoff hopes.
I think next week's game will tell us how our season ends. Any points at all, could see us keep up. Another defeat will be very damaging.
Usually after a shit show. Robins tries to shut up shop.... Whether he can with what we have, and against West Brom is another question.....

Users who are viewing this thread