Championship pre-season predictions (2 Viewers)

SleepyGinger

Listening to not the top 20 podcasts pre season predictions. They are the best out there for football league content and they have us to finish 16th again.

16. Coventry
17. Peterborough
18. Blackpool
19. Bristol city
20. Preston
21. Swansea
22. Reading
23. Huddersfield
24. Derby

Interesting to see from an outsiders point of view.

aloisijohnnyaloisi

Listening to not the top 20 podcasts pre season predictions. They are the best out there for football league content and they have us to finish 16th again.

16. Coventry
17. Peterborough
18. Blackpool
19. Bristol city
20. Preston
21. Swansea
22. Reading
23. Huddersfield
24. Derby

Agreed, NTT20 is hands down the best.

Crazy they've put Reading so low. Will have to give it a listen to find out why.

CDK

Think that's a fair reflection showing us 16th I think that's the lowest we will finish.
Looking forward to the coming season as think it will be entertainment all the way as attack is best form of defence.

Mucca Mad Boys

I would think Swansea would be at least upper mid table though

They’re cutting back a lot and not really replacing players who have left. 21st does seem a bit low.

A lot of clubs are in a worse position than us in the transfer market.

Barnsley

16. Coventry
17. Peterborough
18. Blackpool
19. Bristol city
20. Preston
21. Swansea
22. Reading
23. Huddersfield
24. Derby

BetVic as you in 19th
But the bloke who’s compiled this is clearly on crack, look where he’s got West Brom. Think he’s got the top two spot on though 🤣😂🤣😂

higgs

BetVic as you in 19th
But the bloke who’s compiled this is clearly on crack, look where he’s got West Brom. Think he’s got the top two spot on though 🤣🤣
He must be a Barnsley fan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Legia Sky Blue

The PL relegated teams have such a huge financial advantage, particularly given the affect of Covid on Championship club's finances that they will have to really implode to not be challenging for promotion. I see West Brom and Fulham being in the automatic spots, and while Sheff U are likeliest to fall backwards its still hard to not see them being in the top 6. Bournemouth have the best chance of making it from last years Championship teams, then maybe QPR. At the other end the 3 League 1 promoted teams would probably take finishing 21st right now, with Derby looking obvious candidates to drop. Reading , Blackburn and Huddersfield could also struggle.

As things look right now this would be my prediction:

1. West Brom
2. Fulham
3. Bournemouth
4. QPR
5. Sheff Utd
6. Stoke
7. Cardiff
8. Middlesbrough
9. Luton
10. Forest
11. Swansea
12. Birmingham
13. Bristol City
14. Coventry
15. Barnsley
16. Millwall
17. Preston
18. Reading
19. Hull
20. Blackburn
21. Blackpool
22. Huddersfield
23. Peterborough
24. Derby

Barnsley

Ha ha must be best of luck with the season ahead are you disappointed with the manager leaving

No pal. His style was effective but shïte to watch, this new head coach as been playing decent football throughout his coaching career and getting the required results, so I’m optimistic he’ll do the same for us.

higgs

No pal. His style was effective but shïte to watch, this new head coach as been playing decent football throughout his coaching career and getting the required results, so I’m optimistic he’ll do the same for us.
He's got plenty of experience anyway could be a shrewd appointment surprised to see ye sign devante cole

Barnsley

He's got plenty of experience anyway could be a shrewd appointment surprised to see ye sign devante cole

Me too he wasn’t up to much last time we had him, but our recruitment team are decent at identifying players so it’s wait and see what happens with him.

higgs

Me too he wasn’t up to much last time we had him, but our recruitment team are decent at identifying players so it’s wait and see what happens with him.
Surprised with a 3 yr deal guess it's last chance saloon for him now to prove himself at this level

blunted

Wonder why a lot of pundits and the bookies think Hull will do so well considering most promoted clubs struggle.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

My mate is a reading fan and he’s not optimistic . They’re under a transfer embargo and lost their better players

they’ve got Swift but he’s made of glass. Said he’d be delighted with mid table but doesn’t expect to be near a relegation battle

Sky Blue Harry H

I fancy QPR and M'boro to have decent seasons. I think Swansea will drop a bit (I notice Walsh was subbed with a tight hamstring today). Reading to finish a lot lower than last season. Blues, Forest, Derby and Huddersfield towards the lower reaches with the promoted 3. Think we'll finish about 3 above the drop zone (depending on final loans/injuries, then up to 3 or 4 places higher)

CDK

Wonder why a lot of pundits and the bookies think Hull will do so well considering most promoted clubs struggle.
If you add to that derby and reading transfer embargoes think we will be fine and consolidation will be this season and if likes of bright ,hamer , O'Hare perform we will be mid table minimum.

Cov kid 55

The WSC prediction of 21st place won’t be too far out, I reckon, and I’d take it now, much as I wouldn’t welcome another nail biting relegation struggle.

Ann Proctor-Brown

The PL relegated teams have such a huge financial advantage, particularly given the affect of Covid on Championship club's finances that they will have to really implode to not be challenging for promotion. I see West Brom and Fulham being in the automatic spots, and while Sheff U are likeliest to fall backwards its still hard to not see them being in the top 6. Bournemouth have the best chance of making it from last years Championship teams, then maybe QPR. At the other end the 3 League 1 promoted teams would probably take finishing 21st right now, with Derby looking obvious candidates to drop. Reading , Blackburn and Huddersfield could also struggle.

As things look right now this would be my prediction:

1. West Brom
2. Fulham
3. Bournemouth
4. QPR
5. Sheff Utd
6. Stoke
7. Cardiff
8. Middlesbrough
9. Luton
10. Forest
11. Swansea
12. Birmingham
13. Bristol City
14. Coventry
15. Barnsley
16. Millwall
17. Preston
18. Reading
19. Hull
20. Blackburn
21. Blackpool
22. Huddersfield
23. Peterborough
24. Derby
Whoever thinks we will finish that high,are having a laugh.20th or below.

Philosorapter

I think money is going to be a big problem with teams that have got a large set of players tied to their club. No income through crowds over the 18 months or so will affect a lot of squads' budgets for the teams they can put out for this season.

I would expect to see big variations in playing strengths for teams for this year compared to the last few seasons.

I think we will all know more when after a couple of games in on the season.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

1) WBA
2) Bournemouth
3) QPR
4) Fulham
5) Middlesborough
6) Cardiff
7) Sheff Utd
8) Barnselona
9) Coventry
10) Forest
11) PNE
12) Stoke
13) Reading
14) Luton
15) Milwall
16) Swansea
17) Birmingham
18) Hull
19) Blackburn
20) Blackpool
21) Bristol City
22) Huddersfield
23) Peterborough
24) Derby

This isnt based off of now its based off of if the correct business for us gets done, if not down in 14th

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

1) Sheff Utd
2) West Brom

3) Bournemouth
4) Fulham
5) QPR
6) Cardiff

7) Swansea
8) Middlesbrough
9) Stoke
10) Millwall
11) Reading