Championship pre-season predictions (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

I have to agree about Swansea and Reading. Swansea had a good coach who got the best out of his team. But they have now lost the last of their parachute payments and the quality players that went with it.

Reading looked bang average against us and seemed to fluke it all season when I saw them and have lost good players this summer on top of that. I expect they will struggle as well. Don't think they will be relegated personally but will be down there.

It's clear that Derby look like going. Blackburn are doing the exact same as happened to us under mowbray. I think it will be Peterboroughor hull for the 3rd relegation spot.

Grendel

I have to agree about Swansea and Reading. Swansea had a good coach who got the best out of his team. But they have now lost the last of their parachute payments and the quality players that went with it.

Reading looked bang average against us and seemed to fluke it all season when I saw them and have lost good players this summer on top of that. I expect they will struggle as well. Don't think they will be relegated personally but will be down there.

It's clear that Derby look like going. Blackburn are doing the exact same as happened to us under mowbray. I think it will be Peterboroughor hull for the 3rd relegation spot.

I thought this was Swansea’s last year of payments

Grendel

Relegated in 18 weren't they? So 3 years of payments would take them to the end of last season? Unless I'm mistaken may well be

It’s 4 years of payments I think

skybluegod

It’s 4 years of payments I think

Nope, believe it changed to 3 years in 2016/17 unless it changed back? It's changed multiple times admittedly.

Just checked, it is still 3 years, but only 2 if you only stay up for 2 seasons now.

Fergusons_Beard

Second tier podcast got us going down in 22nd

Didn’t they have us going down as bottom last year?

Aren’t they a bitter bunch of Wednesdayites who also predicted their own team surviving the drop last year and also predicted Barnsley relegated too?

Absolutely no analysis about from three blokes opinions based on who they liked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D

Deleted member 2477

Forest fans paint a gloomy picture for them this season. Be interesting on Sunday given their views on their left and right backs. Surely if this is true then we need to be exploiting them from the off with our wingbacks. They have no senior left or right back for Sunday

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Forest fans paint a gloomy picture for them this season. Be interesting on Sunday given their views on their left and right backs. Surely if this is true then we need to be exploiting them from the off with our wingbacks. They have no senior left or right back for Sunday

They could play without them

SkyBlueGuy

The72 have got their journalist to predict the league too. They've gone for us as finishing 14th, 18th, 18th and 22nd. Interestingly, they all put Derby as 24th apart from the last writer, who put them one place above city.

Obviously it's a long season, and the transfer window is not yet over, but I'd be interested to know how many people think (based on current squads etc) that Derby would finish above us!? I mean, they don't even have enough players to field a team right now do they?

Saddlebrains

1. Fulham
2. West Brom
----------------------------------
3. Bournemouth
4. Sheffield United
5. Middlesbrough
6. QPR
----------------------------------
7. Luton
8. Stoke
9. Millwall
10. Swansea
11. Cardiff
12. Birmingham
13. Bristol City
14. Coventry
15. Preston
16. Barnsley
17. Reading
18. Forest
19. Peterborough
20. Blackburn
21. Huddersfield
-----------------------------------------
22. Hull
23. Blackpool
24. Derby

Swap Blackburn and Hull if Armstrong leaves

Barnsley

Imagine being a journalist and your editor comes in and says I want you to predict the finished championship table.
I’d be like yeah no problem and this afternoon I’ll count how many hairs I’ve got.

Outside the failure payment clubs and the basket cases It’s the most unpredictable league in the world.
You need some very good luck putting the 14 clubs between 5th top and bottom in the betting in some sort of order all 14 could finish absolutely anywhere.

wingy

Imagine being a journalist and your editor comes in and says I want you to predict the finished championship table.
I’d be like yeah no problem and this afternoon I’ll count how many hairs I’ve got.

Outside the failure payment clubs and the basket cases It’s the most unpredictable league in the world.
You need some very good luck putting the 14 clubs between 5th top and bottom in the betting in some sort of order all 14 could finish absolutely anywhere.
14?

COV

Got to fancy Blackburn to be right in the shit, assuming Armstrong leaves as looks likely. No Harvey Elliott.

Pretty much the worst form team from about November onwards

and yet again they have a half & half shirt design, chairman needs to be binned 😁

clint van damme

I put us 13th, 14th or 15th.
Think Fulham and Albion for the autos and Derby to go.
The rest of it? Anything could happen.

Happy_Martian

Got to fancy Blackburn to be right in the shit, assuming Armstrong leaves as looks likely. No Harvey Elliott.

Pretty much the worst form team from about November onwards

Armstrong's scoring record aside, Mowbray has a habit of starting the season strongly, sometimes just enough that when they do fall away, they still survive. Not a fan with a positive opinion of that club since their Premiership days but I think a lot of people are underestimating them.

Happy_Martian

Opinion providers are saying Forest will do well. Fans here saying "WTF ???". Wonder how much of the press are sitting back and looking at Hughton and saying his managerial ability will be the decider for them, not whats on the pitch ?

Terry Gibson's perm

Opinion providers are saying Forest will do well. Fans here saying "WTF ???". Wonder how much of the press are sitting back and looking at Hughton and saying his managerial ability will be the decider for them, not whats on the pitch ?

That’s because people love Chris Hughton personally I think he is boring like his teams.

Users who are viewing this thread