Championship pre-season predictions (1 Viewer)

procdoc

I remember this time last season a lot of us (including me) felt a bit daunted at the prospect of competing in the championship. From the outside looking in, nearly every side was littered with high earners and players with good reputations.
I was surprised how much I overestimated the standard. A part from a few standout teams the level wasn’t as good as I thought and I think it’s declined even more this season.

Barnsley

I remember this time last season a lot of us (including me) felt a bit daunted at the prospect of competing in the championship. From the outside looking in, nearly every side was littered with high earners and players with good reputations.
I was surprised how much I overestimated the standard. A part from a few standout teams the level wasn’t as good as I thought and I think it’s declined even more this season.

A well drilled & organised team, with young players hungry to succeed and progress their careers will always fair well in the championship, but now it’s even more likely, due to the amount of average players sat on massive amounts of last for a lifetime money, on long contracts that they’re just happy to plod along picking up.

procdoc

A well drilled & organised team, with young players hungry to succeed and progress their careers will always fair well in the championship, but now it’s even more likely, due to the amount of average players sat on massive amounts of last for a lifetime money, on long contracts that they’re just happy to plod along picking up.
How do you think you boys will do this season?

Barnsley

How do you think you boys will do this season?

Mid to upper middle third, so low double figures sort of area.
But we could finish absolutely anywhere, top 6, bottom 6, or anywhere in between, It’s hard to predict us really, we’ve lost our captain, head coach, and influential striker, but recently we’ve got a decent record of upgrading when we lose a head coach, and our player recruitment as been very good in the last 4 windows so it suck it and see for us, we’ll have a better idea come September because at the minute it’s anyones guess.

wingy

Opinion providers are saying Forest will do well. Fans here saying "WTF ???". Wonder how much of the press are sitting back and looking at Hughton and saying his managerial ability will be the decider for them, not whats on the pitch ?
Likely still have the same structural issues,looks like he's throwing a few kids in.

Legia Sky Blue

Forest might actually do better than last season with less loans and a more settled squad. Think they have a good youth set up, in which case much will depend on how well some of those players make the step up. If it doesn't work then I would imagine they will then smash into the loan market in January. At the moment though its hard to see them being any better than mid table.

skybluegod

I notice there is no Armstrong in the Blackburn side today.
Also no Walsh for Swansea, is he injured again?

Users who are viewing this thread