Championship favourite fixtures.... (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fackkkkin' Millwall!

giphy.gif

Terry_dactyl

I'm thinking Bristol city, then some Welsh trips to Cardiff and Swansea for proximity....
I'm not sure about villa park, most times we seemed to lose!
If closeness wasn't an issue, think I'll go for forest at the city ground.
Living in Cardiff, this fixture would be great for me. Got a partner who’s a bluebirds season ticket holder...I’ve dragged her to a few cov games over the years. Her families patronising sympathy when we’ve been relegated/lost to FGR/generally been shite, is something I’m looking forward to sticking right back at them! She’s dreading the prospect!

I’d actually rather villa stay up* as I see this as the only way we’re likely to land O’hare. Villa can wait.

*IF we go up!

Grendel

i want the owners to deliver on their promise. Build us a stadium. Should have been done and dusted by now. Renting anyone else’s stadium does very little to enable us to compete

Where?

kg82

That’s the question. Council won’t let it happen, as it is. I’d love for it to happen. I hate the Ricoh; seeing all the Wasps signs and pictures. I’d love our own stadium. But it’s a pipe dream.

ccfcway

That’s the question. Council won’t let it happen, as it is. I’d love for it to happen. I hate the Ricoh; seeing all the Wasps signs and pictures. I’d love our own stadium. But it’s a pipe dream.

You’d think after several years since the images drawn up, the club would have a huge catalogue of communications which would show the council aren’t helping us with this. Surely if we could see this it would help sisu cause of us putting our focus on the council ?

stay_up_skyblues

Few great away (possible - yes some will go up/down) days from the last 20 odd years following; Derby, Sheff Weds, Villa, Brum, Barnsley, West Brom, Leeds, Forest. Bring it on.

kg82

You’d think after several years since the images drawn up, the club would have a huge catalogue of communications which would show the council aren’t helping us with this. Surely if we could see this it would help sisu cause of us putting our focus on the council ?
Those stadium images were bull. I think we all know that. It was at a time where our owners were going in a direction a large number of us didn’t support or approve of. Things HAVE changed since then, a lot. And I think, since those changes, it HAS been shown that there is no support from our city’s council in future endeavours to procure suitable areas for development.

ccfcway

Those stadium images were bull. I think we all know that. It was at a time where our owners were going in a direction a large number of us didn’t support or approve of. Things HAVE changed since then, a lot. And I think, since those changes, it HAS been shown that there is no support from our city’s council in future endeavours to procure suitable areas for development.

"has been shown" ?

Not arguing with you, but i don't think it has and if it has, the owners have been poor at constantly highlighting it, they should keep the pressure up. Is this now a longer stay away from Coventry than the first time ?

I would be all over open letters on the ccfc site to CCC and showing their response / lack of response on a weekly basis...

Rightly so, the club are quick enough to update us on the EFL on goings in the last few days / weeks..

They would get so much more backing of they did the same with the quest to return to Coventry

kg82

"has been shown" ?

Not arguing with you, but i don't think it has and if it has, the owners have been poor at constantly highlighting it, they should keep the pressure up. Is this now a longer stay away from Coventry than the first time ?

I would be all over open letters on the ccfc site to CCC and showing their response / lack of response on a weekly basis...
I’ve had a few drinks (7 hours ahead), but I thought I did remember emails and letters etc coming out that showed the council had purposefully vetoed sites earmarked for potential areas of development?

Grendel

Most fans think the council are culpable you dipstick

ccfcway

I’ve had a few drinks (7 hours ahead), but I thought I did remember emails and letters etc coming out that showed the council had purposefully vetoed sites earmarked for potential areas of development?

Maybe your right (not saying your not). Still think this should be an ongoing campaign by the club to make it clear who the bad guys are in this if that's the case.

kg82

Maybe your right (not saying your not). Still think this should be an ongoing campaign by the club to make it clear who the bad guys are in this if that's the case.
Meh, he said, she said. We had that. It went on for ages. Everyone got annoyed. It’s still going on, just not as much. People have sides, nobody really cares about that either. What EVERYONE wants is for shit to get done, on or off the pitch.

kg82

Meh, he said, she said. We had that. It went on for ages. Everyone got annoyed. It’s still going on, just not as much. People have sides, nobody really cares about that either. What EVERYONE wants is for shit to get done, on or off the pitch.
Sorry, on AND off the pitch

ccfcway

which hasn't happened for several years and we are all still blaming several parties, with some blaming the Council, some blaming the owners etc (hence the song that fan are singing at games)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

1 year survival, then 3 years building, then 3 years challenging for play off.... in play offs years 8 and 9.... promotion year 10.

Over to you MR ..... elevate yourself to the status of legend.

I think the 'building years' are something we can ill afford given the wages etc in the Championship. We need to do some smart recruitment on up and coming players that won't maybe cost as much. Longer we leave it the more likely the better players will end up moving on and though it would give us funds for replacements if we've been in the league a few years agents will want better wages from an 'established' Championship club.

The Philosopher

i want the owners to deliver on their promise. Build us a stadium. Should have been done and dusted by now. Renting anyone else’s stadium does very little to enable us to compete
100% agree.

Hate the Ricoh. Even more so now the Wasps have used it. It’s like going back to an ex. after she’s been elsewhere.

Move on. Fresh start.

Sick Boy

The sale of the Ricoh to the franchise is likely to be the most damaging action against our club for decades to come, even when SISU have moved on.

Either way we are always going to have a glass ceiling over our heads and even if we were promoted to the PL, they’d see it as an opportunity to profit from our success.

CCFC88

I'm sure there is a different thread on this forum where this is more suitable and has been done to death?

A thread about which grounds we are most looking forward to visiting as away fans has been dragged into, council this, SISU that, Wasps..... once again

shmmeee

The sale of the Ricoh to the franchise is likely to be the most damaging action against our club for decades to come, even when SISU have moved on.

Either way we are always going to have a glass ceiling over our heads and even if we were promoted to the PL, they’d see it as an opportunity to profit from our success.

If losing rights to the Ricoh is the most damaging thing that could ever happen to the club we probably shouldn’t have been so gung ho about not needing it really.

Can bitch and moan that we shouldn’t have been taken seriously, but the clubs official position for years has been we neither need not want the Ricoh.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Users who are viewing this thread