Championship 21/22 (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Feels like its gonna end in tears. Wages must be astronomical, Drinkwater and Carrol have barely kicked a ball in a year have they?

Their owners seem to have collective wealth of £23 billion - the wage bill is £36 million - its nothing really

Alkhen

Their owners seem to have collective wealth of £23 billion - the wage bill is £36 million - its nothing really

I didn't know that. I have lost track of what the rules are, I didn't think billionaires are just allowed to pump money into clubs without fitting into FFP rules nowadays?

Sky Blue Harry H

Really? Reading's wage bill is £36m?

Edit: just looked it up £37,6m quoted in April 21. Madness

Alkhen

Olivier Ntcham has just signed for Swansea, another player in the way of Walsh getting games there 🤷‍♂️

Liquid Gold

Walsh's injuries may be worse than we know. He was apparently injured just as the season was finished for Covid so he's been out for about 18 months now. Maybe dodged a bullet.

SlowerThanPlatt

Olivier Ntcham has just signed for Swansea, another player in the way of Walsh getting games there 🤷‍♂️

Bit of a fall from grace that. Forced his way out of Celtic, got a move to Marseille and their manager offered his resignation as he never wanted him…

fernandopartridge

Sheff Utd wont stay shit for Long

Hourihane signed yesterday and today it looks like theyll be signing Morgan Gibbs White from Wolves.

Fleck could be out the door as theyll have Norwood and Berge also

Not sure that's exactly the shot in the arm they need to get over their malaise. Not denying either are decent players but Sheff Utd have scored once in five games.

Sky Blue Harry H

Derby will go down if they get a 6 point deduction or more.

Blues are all grunt, long throws - plus Chong

Sky Blue Harry H

2-0 Blues. Niggly game and Blues (especially at home) will try and bully the opposition. The new referees approach to physicality will play right into their hands, Horrible to watch though.

Sky Blue Harry H

How does Deeney get away with saying "fucking prick, fuck off" to the ref?

Good job there isn't a fully open stadium there, as I think the bully tactics may be even more intimidating, as regards referees. That woods should have been booked for fouling Morrison, and the 3 Blues centre backs are all thugs.

Liquid Gold

Barnsley would be winless if we'd have put our pen away.

I'm sure it's no worry and there is another club ready to hand over points to them at any moment.

Sky Blue Harry H

View attachment 21787
Much like last year

This league really is a slog first year up isn't it
Just about to post the same. Holds a similar challenge to some degree as those getting promoted to the PL (albeit an even greater jump in class) Wouldn't be surprised to see the bottom 3 come from that group of 4. Throw in Derby County too, if they get a points deduction.

Sky Blue Harry H

Early impressions from The Championship - relegation candidates look like being the promoted 3. plus obviously Forest and Derby - especially with the points deduction potential. Bristol City who haven't won at home for 14 games could be in trouble, too. Huddersfield have surprised me - retaining Lewis O'Brien and Josh Koroma's return seem to have buoyed them. I have also been impressed with how PNE have recovered from their difficult start and I think they will continue to climb the league. Blackburn too have done well, considering Armstrong's loss - despite a poor fanbase. Top half of the league. Fulham, WBA, Bournemouth, QPR, Sheff Utd, Stoke and Luton. Hopefully we'll be in amongst them. Birmingham too, if refs let them bludgeon the opposition!

SlowerThanPlatt

Early impressions from The Championship - relegation candidates look like being the promoted 3. plus obviously Forest and Derby - especially with the points deduction potential. Bristol City who haven't won at home for 14 games could be in trouble, too. Huddersfield have surprised me - retaining Lewis O'Brien and Josh Koroma's return seem to have buoyed them. I have also been impressed with how PNE have recovered from their difficult start and I think they will continue to climb the league. Blackburn too have done well, considering Armstrong's loss - despite a poor fanbase. Top half of the league. Fulham, WBA, Bournemouth, QPR, Sheff Utd, Stoke and Luton. Hopefully we'll be in amongst them. Birmingham too, if refs let them bludgeon the opposition!

WBA were booed off on Tuesday night, not taking to Ismael’s style of play

Users who are viewing this thread