'Champions' League Final. (1 Viewer)

Tommo1993

But we’d have the trophy come to England every time, right? Boring or not.

Mcbean

Was bilge - maybe the heat had an effect - but the Liverpool fans won’t mind- their team are the European champions - the game will ha e just floated by after the gift in the first minute- Spurs never looked like they were in it I would have substituted Kane at 60 mins for Lorente - we could have beat both with Chaplin on form

Adge

After the semi finals it was just a case of after the Lord Mayors show. Liverpool fans won’t care about that thought.

Sick Boy

156 goals in 226 games in the last 5 seasons, 100% world class.

Shouldn't have played though after so long out injured

If he wasn’t English there’s no way you’d be saying that. Too many let it cloud their judgement.

Evo1883

If he’s ‘world class’ then surely you’d rate him on par with the very best players in the world, which for me he is definitely not.

I rate him on par with the best strikers in the world absolutely.

His job is to score goals, he does that fluently.
He drops deep, bri gs players into the game, his range of passing is fantastic for such a big lad, his hold up play exeptional.. I'm not sure we agree on this at all

Evo1883

Even barca manager Ernesto valverdo thinks he's world class.
He works with suarez and Messi daily

Harry Kane has also outscored Luiz suarez)(regarded as World class by most people) in the last 3 seasons in less games in all competitions, for club and country
Even this season where he missed 3 months

Last edited:

clint van damme

so the consensus is it was a shit game but why?
Semi finals were unbelievable so why did this game fail to deliver?
I think the heat and the long break since the final game of the season contributed myself.

clint van damme

I remember seeing an interview with a manager a while ago, (can't remember who), but he was saying some players can be 75% fit and still do a job but some need to be pretty much match fit or not far off or they can't perform, think last night suggests Kane is in the latter category.

Brought back memories of Simone gambling on Costa for Athletico in the final and he had to come off in the first 10 minutes.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I forgot the ‘world class’ Kane was even playing.

He shouldn't have played from the start after the injury - Moura should've. We've seen consistently at the start of a season he's slow to get into his stride after a break.

But Kane is one of the most natural centre forwards out there with an ability in front of goal few can match and you just can teach. That is how he should be judged, not against the likes of Messi, Hazard, Ronaldo etc.

If he's not scoring it can be like playing with 10 men, but the same was true of the like of Lineker. Kane can at least challenge for the ball an hold it up.

In some ways I see this argument as the Ponti one taken to it's peak. Can look very poor at times but the boy knows where the net is.

Reactions: vow

Johnnythespider

so the consensus is it was a shit game but why?
Semi finals were unbelievable so why did this game fail to deliver?
I think the heat and the long break since the final game of the season contributed myself.
I think it was that 3 week break, it's a long time in football terms, when you've been playing twice a week and then stop, it's ok training but the sharpness goes.

Covkid1968#

Good question. But it was more of a freak accident for them when they had a no show at white hart lane in the quarter’s. They have way too much firepower.
Yep.... that was me last night ...singing it in a pub surrounded by 100s of scousers....couldn’t help myself Mrs just looked at me and shook her head

Covkid1968#

Yep.... that was me last night ...singing it in a pub surrounded by 100s of scousers....couldn’t help myself Mrs just looked at me and shook her head
Oops wrong post

clint van damme

Just went to do a bit of shopping and saw some absolute pellet cutting about in a Liverpool top.
Said to my son look at this moron, are we supposed to be impressed?!
Though maybe with my beer belly and tits he though I was jumping on the Ruiz bandwagon.

oscillatewildly

Just went to do a bit of shopping and saw some absolute pellet cutting about in a Liverpool top.
Said to my son look at this moron, are we supposed to be impressed?!
Though maybe with my beer belly and tits he though I was jumping on the Ruiz bandwagon.
Spent an hour and half with the kids at motofest y'day. Must have seen 20-30 a mixture of Spuds and L'pool shirts.
Commented to the kids that I'd probably seen both their teams play over the years more than they had combined. Including the 1982 League cup final and weeks after Liverpool clinching the Div 1 title at Anfield - against Spurs!
Kids looked a bit confused so I ushered them over towards some old motorcycles.

PurpleBin

Mad how so many people hate Liverpool. Social media isn't a great window for people to base their opinions on fans...The shouts of "most of their fans don't go to the game" is true...but thats the same of all clubs isn't it?

I have plenty of friends who are die hards and know a number of people who were there last night. Some of the best people I know in fact.

All these "ive seen Liverpool/United/Spurs/Chelsea play more than them" shouts is just stupid. We live in an age where football is accesible to all around the world. Just because some may not be able to afford to go or whatever does it make them any less of a fan? Football fans police utter bollocks. Leave them be and let them enjoy their moment because bottom line....why does it matter who people support and how they support them?

I've been to 5 City games in the last 7 years. I work a fair amount at the weekend and to be quite frank...I can't be arsed most of the time. That being said, I've been to hundreds probably over the years. Sure that makes me a shit fan but who gived a fuck really what I'm doing?

PurpleBin

Also worth noting that unless you have credits from previous games attendance at Anfieldd is difficult. Not impossible but difficult.

clint van damme

Mad how so many people hate Liverpool. Social media isn't a great window for people to base their opinions on fans...The shouts of "most of their fans don't go to the game" is true...but thats the same of all clubs isn't it?

I have plenty of friends who are die hards and know a number of people who were there last night. Some of the best people I know in fact.

All these "ive seen Liverpool/United/Spurs/Chelsea play more than them" shouts is just stupid. We live in an age where football is accesible to all around the world. Just because some may not be able to afford to go or whatever does it make them any less of a fan? Football fans police utter bollocks. Leave them be and let them enjoy their moment because bottom line....why does it matter who people support and how they support them?

I've been to 5 City games in the last 7 years. I work a fair amount at the weekend and to be quite frank...I can't be arsed most of the time. That being said, I've been to hundreds probably over the years. Sure that makes me a shit fan but who gived a fuck really what I'm doing?

I hate Liverpool FC. Got nothing against Scousers though no matter who they support.
To be honest, I find this fairly new development about not hating other clubs and their support, (No matter what the reasoning), peculiar.
We'll end up like rugby if we're not careful.

oscillatewildly

Part timer.
Oh and I had a really smug grin on my face as I informed them of my 'previous'.
As for some of those old motorbikes - Lovely to look at but most of my old ones would have gone faster.
p.s. Don't hate Liverpool. Still quite like them actually.

PurpleBin

I hate Liverpool FC. Got nothing against Scousers though no matter who they support.
To be honest, I find this fairly new development about not hating other clubs and their support, (No matter what the reasoning), peculiar.
We'll end up like rugby if we're not careful.

How come you hate them? Not being funny just curious really...

I genuinely haven't the time or energy to hate any group of multi millionaire footballers who couldn't give a fuck if I dropped dead tomorrow.

clint van damme

How come you hate them? Not being funny just curious really...

I genuinely haven't the time or energy to hate any group of multi millionaire footballers who couldn't give a fuck if I dropped dead tomorrow.

A whole host of reasons.
They were top of the tree when I was growing up and refs used to let them get away with murder, (much worse than Utd in the Fergie era in my opinion).
They were boring to watch compared to other Champions, Daglishs side were the first one I can to remember were worth watching.
I've seen so much shitty behaviour from their fans culminating in Heysel.
I've heard so much deluded shit from their support.
Anfield stewards used to be absolute cunts.
Their fans rep and some sort of national fans rep Rogan Taylor once did a talk at a football conference entitled what is the point of Coventry city.
I could go on. But like I say, nothing against Scousers, I've always been made welcome in Liverpool.
Same as Leicester, hate the football team but always got on well with knickersyitchers.

PurpleBin

A whole host of reasons.
They were top of the tree when I was growing up and refs used to let them get away with murder, (much worse than Utd in the Fergie era in my opinion).
They were boring to watch compared to other Champions, Daglishs side were the first one I can to remember were worth watching.
I've seen so much shitty behaviour from their fans culminating in Heysel.
I've heard so much deluded shit from their support.
Anfield stewards used to be absolute cunts.
Their fans rep and some sort of national fans rep Rogan Taylor once did a talk at a football conference entitled what is the point of Coventry city.
I could go on. But like I say, nothing against Scousers, I've always been made welcome in Liverpool.
Same as Leicester, hate the football team but always got on well with knickersyitchers.

Fair enough! Can't get my head round people who hate teams for fuck all reason...really odd!

Did you find out what the point was of Coventry City by the way? ; )

Users who are viewing this thread