Champions League 22-23 (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

No but I think Brentford are a decent side that would hold own Vs teams from other leagues

For me serie a top 8 are all good teams on the up right now. It's exciting for Calcio fans

I get your point about lower half but like I said I don't think spezia or Verona are worse than relegation fighting teams in Spain Germany or France either.
Leeds beat Liverpool didn't they? They are still an awful basketcase of a team

David O'Day

But they would prob finish ahead of cov right now too?

We can't just say we are better than teams above us lol
Would they? They don't tools a long time ago.

Also the point is you can't judge the quality of a league by 1 freak result

covcity4life

Would they? They don't tools a long time ago.

Also the point is you can't judge the quality of a league by 1 freak result
I gave more reasons for that as to why serie a is on the up

Nothing to suggest cov could finish lower midtable in any league above the championship other than someones opinion because they have seen relegation fighting teams lose alot.

covcity4life

But like maybe they could. Who knows. But they could also do it Spain Germany and France then. It's not that serie a is a poorer league that's for sure.

Sick Boy

I gave more reasons for that as to why serie a is on the up

Nothing to suggest cov could finish lower midtable in any league above the championship other than someones opinion because they have seen relegation fighting teams lose alot.
...and apart from watching a lot of Serie A football in general - the quality at the bottom of the league is poor.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a lot of Italians who think Serie A in general is on the up at the moment, unless you're just basing it on a couple of rich clubs reaching the latter rounds of the CL, of course.

David O'Day

...and apart from watching a lot of Serie A football in general - the quality at the bottom of the league is poor.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a lot of Italians who think Serie A in general is on the up at the moment, unless you're just basing it on a couple of rich clubs reaching the latter rounds of the CL, of course.
He's trying to explain Italian football to someone who lives in Italy ;)

covcity4life

I have watched every season since channel 4 days

I don't see it as any lower quality than other leagues bar prem which is its own super League now.

Roma beat levurkusen in semis. Can't tell me bundelsiga is better than serie a. Bayern may be but overall I'm not having Dortmund over inter or RB liepzig I've napoli personally

Also as said before not having shalke or auxerre over spezia or Verona etc

Hopefully Roma win tonight. Jose vs Sevilla. Something's gotta give in Europe.

Sick Boy

I have watched every season since channel 4 days

I don't see it as any lower quality than other leagues bar prem which is its own super League now.

Roma beat levurkusen in semis. Can't tell me bundelsiga is better than serie a. Bayern may be but overall I'm not having Dortmund over inter or RB liepzig I've napoli personally

Also as said before not having shalke or auxerre over spezia or Verona etc

Hopefully Roma win tonight. Jose vs Sevilla. Something's gotta give in Europe.
And again you’re just going on about top teams so will leave it there.

Sick Boy

And ilall I have said is if that's the case we could also be lower mid table in bundelsiga and la Liga?

Agree or disagree?
No idea, I don't have enough knowledge of those leagues to comment.
I definitely think our squad that finished the season would survive in Serie A though.

covcity4life

No idea, I don't have enough knowledge of those leagues to comment.
I definitely think our squad that finished the season would survive in Serie A though.
Ok

Good signs then as serie a is second best league in Europe right now or at least well on its way. If only the finances could catch up.

Sporting directors working miracles without great revenues. Hard to keep that going.

no_loyalty

I can’t see anything other than a comfortable Man City win tonight.

Evo1883

Ok

Good signs then as serie a is second best league in Europe right now or at least well on its way. If only the finances could catch up.

Sporting directors working miracles without great revenues. Hard to keep that going.
Serie a rated 4th best , its actually gone down as it was 3rd best last season

covcity4life

Serie a rated 4th best , its actually gone down as it was 3rd best last season
Rated by who?

I'm giving my opinion based on all the leagues I watch

Ball is hardly in play in la Liga. Check the stats. Boring most games

undelsiga is fun and great crowds but teams not as good as in Italy for me. Well not too 10 anyway.

Prem I actually found boring for a few seasons now but no disputing it's number .1

So Italy in at 2 for me.

covcity4life

I'm only talking about right now btw

La Liga euro winner stats would have them number one over the longer term I imagine

Sick Boy

Rated by who?

undelsiga is fun and great crowds but teams not as good as in Italy for me. Well not too 10 anyway.

Prem I actually found boring for a few seasons now but no disputing it's number .1

So Italy in at 2 for me.
I admire your passion for Serie A but the quality of the league outside of the top teams is really not great.

covcity4life

I admire your passion for Serie A but the quality of the league outside of the top teams is really not great.
Think you are too down on them personally.

But there are different reasons to think a league is better than others. I'm just curious on what serie a was rated below la Liga other than Spanish teams record in Europe. Also bundelsiga is overated by fans in UK because of the packed crowds imo

Evo1883

Rated by who?

So Italy in at 2 for me.

It's the leagues coefficient rating based on lots of different things

Screenshot_20230610_154234_Chrome.jpg

clint van damme

I was gonna say, I've seen a few different versions of this but Scotland in 9th is a joke

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Why? Who should be above them?
A Scottish team got to a Europa final recently, that will have a massive affect on the co-efficient amongst the minor nations.
It's not as though they're above any of the major leagues.
France in 5th is more astonishing.
Edit - France in 5th isn't, they've done fuck all really.

TomRad85

A Scottish team got to a Europa final recently, that will have a massive affect on the co-efficient amongst the minor nations.
The Turkish league for sure.

Rangers getting to that final is doing a lot of heavy lifting, the league is garbage.

Last edited:

Ccfcisparks

Edit - France in 5th isn't, they've done fuck all really.
Turkish League, Austrian League, MLS as mentioned.

clint van damme

The Turkish league for sure. Reckon the MLS is probably better these days too tbh. Would think Brazilian has more quality too although I won't pretend to be an expert.

Rangers getting to that final is doing a lot of heavy lifting, the league is garbage.

It's based on performance though.
What have Turkish teams done?

Users who are viewing this thread