Champions League 22-23 (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
How's it a booking? He was kicking the ball and somebody put their foot in the way without him knowing

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't know how much La Liga you guys watch, but it's like this every fucking week, and infinitively worse. The number of red cards in that league compared to the PL is madness. Someone can find the stats, but it is crazy. Every week there is diving, rolling around, bitch slapping. It's just shit and the game comes to a stop about every 15 seconds. Real Madrid are certainly slipping into those habits in places today.

Evo1883

Bad result for Madrid a draw , surely there's no chance they win at the etihad .

TomRad85

Vinicius best player on the pitch by a mile.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nuskyblue

I don't know how much La Liga you guys watch, but it's like this every fucking week, and infinitively worse. The number of red cards in that league compared to the PL is madness. Someone can find the stats, but it is crazy. Every week there is diving, rolling around, bitch slapping. It's just shit and the game comes to a stop about every 15 seconds. Real Madrid are certainly slipping into those habits in places today.
I think they have something like 50% more reds in that league

Edit: compared to the prem (I think the other top leagues are similar to us with cards)

TomRad85

My logic is perfectly sound

I support England and I want to see as many English players playing against some of the best players in the world.

Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham, all have England internationals in their sides.

They play in Europe, it has to be good for their development

I think the logic is sound.

My logic is perfectly sound too.

I hate them all.

I think my logic is sound.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think they have something like 50% more reds in that league

Edit: compared to the prem (I think the other top leagues are similar to us with cards)

Had to do a bit of light digging. It's even worse than I thought! As of the 14th April it was 112 in La Liga, and 28 in the PL.

Otis

My logic is perfectly sound too.

I hate them all.

I think my logic is sound.

Yes, but your logic is wrong. 😂

I just want to see English players do well. So you carry on hating Saka and Bellingham and Foden and Kane. 😂

Bet you were happy watching the German family faffing about in a carriage all day in London on Saturday weren't you. 🤪

Nuskyblue

Had to do a bit of light digging. It's even worse than I thought! As of the 14th April it was 112 in La Liga, and 28 in the PL.

That high!

The graphic comparing the other top leagues show that the prem and bundesliga are fairly consistent in red cards season by season, spain, france and Italy are all over the shop.

TomRad85

Yes, but your logic is wrong. 😂

I just want to see English players do well. So you carry on hating Saka and Bellingham and Foden and Kane. 😂

Bet you were happy watching the German family faffing about in a carriage all day in London on Saturday weren't you. 🤪
You do you mate. I find the idea of supporting a bunch of clubs who I can't stand every other day of the week and who's supporters are completely insufferable, utterly bizarre. I support 1 English club, that's it.

Also I don't care for the royals particularly and certainly don't have the patience to watch that all day so that's an odd one.

Travs

My logic is perfectly sound

I support England and I want to see as many English players playing against some of the best players in the world.

Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham, all have England internationals in their sides.

They play in Europe, it has to be good for their development

I think the logic is sound.

6 of those teams also sought to ensure that clubs like Coventry City would never be able to play at the highest level.

They'll not get an ounce of support from me.

Otis

And England hopefully WILL be better if the likes of Foden, Grealish, Walker and Stones are playing regularly against the best sides in the world, so from that angle, I am really pleased with them getting to the final.

Hoping Grealish will really shine for England in upcoming games and tournaments. There's been a reluctance to even play him in the past hasn't there.

Otis

You do you mate. I find the idea of supporting a bunch of clubs who I can't stand every other day of the week and who's supporters are completely insufferable, utterly bizarre. I support 1 English club, that's it.

Also I don't care for the royals particularly and certainly don't have the patience to watch that all day so that's an odd one.
I was pulling your leg. 🤪 I get why people wouldn't be interested, but like I say, if there's English players involved in top games, I want them to do well and that's why I always want to see English clubs do well in Europe.

covcity4life

I reckon we’d be a lower midtable side in Serie A these days.
They have 3 European finalists.the seven sisters are all having good seasons and in a good place (bar juve because of finances) the strength in depth is there.

Mid table teams like Torino and bologna have managers touted to take over massive clubs in future.

Serie a is in best place it's been in ages.

Sick Boy

They have 3 European finalists.the seven sisters are all having good seasons and in a good place (bar juve because of finances) the strength in depth is there.

Mid table teams like Torino and bologna have managers touted to take over massive clubs in future.

Can’t agree with you on that one - there are some poor sides down at the bottom - the current squad of ours would be good enough to be a lower mid table side.

covcity4life

Can’t agree with you on that one - there are some poor sides down at the bottom - the current squad of ours would be good enough to be a lower mid table side.
Fiorentina are 9th and could win Europa conf league by beating west ham

If that happens are you saying cov are better than west ham? And that we would have finished higher than 18th in prem this year?

Sick Boy

Fiorentina are 9th and could win Europa conf league by beating west ham

If that happens are you saying cov are better than west ham? And that we would have finished higher than 18th in prem this year?
I said we'd be good enough to be a lower mid-table side in Serie A - 9th is top half.

covcity4life

I said we'd be good enough to be a lower mid-table side in Serie A - 9th is top half.
First you said mid table didn't you? 10th so 9th is fair enough. My mistake if didnt

Lower midtable is better but still not sure how much I agree. Well I mean if we can be lower midtable in serie a we can be lower midtable in Germany or France or Spain too. Italy ain't worse than them. Better right now infact

Spezia could get relegated but beat AC Milan 2-0 few weeks ago. Milan were CL semi finalists this year. I would say spezia are better than Bochum or Ajaccio personally.

Sick Boy

I reckon we’d be a lower midtable side in Serie A these days.

@covcity4life

Can't agree with you, the bottom of Serie A really is poor - a one off result doesn't mean a lot. There is a huge disparity between the top and bottom sides. Watching Hellas Verona vs Inter the other week showed the huge difference - it was like watching a top PL side against a poor Championship one.

Do you think Brentford have a serious chance of challenging for the PL title next season just because they beat Man City?

Last edited:

covcity4life

@covcity4life

Can't agree with you, the bottom of Serie A really is poor - a one off result doesn't mean a lot. There is a huge disparity between the top and bottom sides. Watching Hellas Verona vs Inter the other week showed the huge difference - it was like watching a top PL side against a poor Championship one.

Do you think Brentford have a serious chance of challenging for the PL title next season just because they beat Man City?
No but I think Brentford are a decent side that would hold own Vs teams from other leagues

For me serie a top 8 are all good teams on the up right now. It's exciting for Calcio fans

I get your point about lower half but like I said I don't think spezia or Verona are worse than relegation fighting teams in Spain Germany or France either.

Users who are viewing this thread