Championies, Championies (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

When we have official confirmation I'll be driving round the streets with scarves and flags out of my windies papping my horn and being a complete embarrassment to my family, but I dont care as I couldn't celebrate in Blackpool or at St Andrews and I can't go to a bus top parade or the pub so annoying the shit out of my neighbours is the best I have.

If I can get smoke bombs thrn Warwick town centre will be sky blue too!

Bring one (unused) round my house Rob - there's a Wolves fan opposite who I can lob it at!

skybluebeast

Don’t know what’s more embarrassing, fans declaring us champions before it has been confirmed or the fact that this decision is even being made. Whatever happened to the integrity of the sport and the competition etc.. Cancel this season because clubs won’t survive without fans there...when the fuck are they expecting to start next season then cause it won’t be August! The French has suspended all major gatherings until September, the Spanish the same and I have no doubt they will extend that when they get to those dates and the risk is still about. So clubs won’t survive anyway. Yet PL clubs get to finish their season and reap the majority of the money they would have been getting anyway. It’s an absolute joke.
Will be an empty victory that will forever be marred by an asterix next to it, the players don’t deserve that. They have worked their socks of this year, they deserve the chance to play out the season and gain the plaudits they have earned the rightful way.

AStonesThrow

One positive for next season is Viveash’s Chelsea links. Might be able to secure a few young free transfers a la Dabo, and one or two big loanees. I think we’ll do ok in the Championship.

Absolutely baffling that we’re potentially on our way back into the Championship for the first time in 8 years, winning league one for the first time since 1964, and people don’t wanna celebrate. This season has been something special and one to remember

covmark

Don’t know what’s more embarrassing, fans declaring us champions before it has been confirmed or the fact that this decision is even being made. Whatever happened to the integrity of the sport and the competition etc.. Cancel this season because clubs won’t survive without fans there...when the fuck are they expecting to start next season then cause it won’t be August! The French has suspended all major gatherings until September, the Spanish the same and I have no doubt they will extend that when they get to those dates and the risk is still about. So clubs won’t survive anyway. Yet PL clubs get to finish their season and reap the majority of the money they would have been getting anyway. It’s an absolute joke.
Will be an empty victory that will forever be marred by an asterix next to it, the players don’t deserve that. They have worked their socks of this year, they deserve the chance to play out the season and gain the plaudits they have earned the rightful way.
An empty victory? Haha fuck off mate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ring Of Steel

you were saying not long ago that the season needed to carry on, now you need it cancelling, make up your mind

Ring Of Steel

One positive for next season is Viveash’s Chelsea links. Might be able to secure a few young free transfers a la Dabo, and one or two big loanees. I think we’ll do ok in the Championship.

Absolutely baffling that we’re potentially on our way back into the Championship for the first time in 8 years, winning league one for the first time since 1964, and people don’t wanna celebrate. This season has been something special and one to remember
funnily enough the same ones saying it’s not to be celebrated are the same ones who bang on about how shit everything is, must be their general view on life to always find the negative in everything.

SeaSeeEffCee

For those who are expecting to just continue to the season post-June good luck forcing the out of contract players to play. Can't break contract law and just tell people they're contracts are being extended without their say so. And continuing the same season with wildly different squads would be a farce. Blackpool have 15 players out of contract on June 1st.

Ring Of Steel

For those who are expecting to just continue to the season post-June good luck forcing the out of contract players to play. Can't break contract law and just tell people they're contracts are being extended without their say so. And continuing the same season with wildly different squads would be a farce. Blackpool have 15 players out of contract on June 1st.
I’m just glad we’re top, there is no metric that doesn’t end with us promoted if the season is over- would be nervy if you were, say, 5th

Skybluefaz

Ok

Magwitch

Out of contract players ? Be lucky if there’s any contracts to be had, players can and have in past play as amateurs, are there people around who remember QPRs Keith Sanderson ? and perhaps earn a new contract either here or elsewhere.

Flying Fokker

I don't think I could celebrate if they just promote us. No excitement of the final whistle, no lifting the trophy... Just placed in a league that we'll likely get relegated from
They’ll present it at St. Andrews next season...

Legia Sky Blue

I’m just glad we’re top, there is no metric that doesn’t end with us promoted if the season is over- would be nervy if you were, say, 5th

The 22 game midpoint one, where they take the 1st match played against each team, has us 4th or 5th. It seems ridiculous to me but it has been put out there, and will probably be pushed by those teams it suits.

Irish Sky Blue

The 22 game midpoint one, where they take the 1st match played against each team, has us 4th or 5th. It seems ridiculous to me but it has been put out there, and will probably be pushed by those teams it suits.
Wouldn't that see Ipswich and Bristol Rovers promoted? This seems the most bizarre method of sorting the season out.

Legia Sky Blue

Wouldn't that see Ipswich and Bristol Rovers promoted? This seems the most bizarre method of sorting the season out.

I'm not sure who it favours, Ipswich probably, but definitely not us. It plays to the argument that every team has played each other, and supposedly simplifies the mathematical arguments about using PPG or working out the strength of opposition left to play in the games remaining. I can't see how it could be justified given that 12 games played subsequently is not an inconsequential amount, but I just don't trust the EFL to do the right thing, and I hope SISU are working effectively behind the scenes to ensure our interests are not compromised.

Sick Boy

I'm not sure who it favours, Ipswich probably, but definitely not us. It plays to the argument that every team has played each other, and supposedly simplifies the mathematical arguments about using PPG or working out the strength of opposition left to play in the games remaining. I can't see how it could be justified given that 12 games played subsequently is not an inconsequential amount, but I just don't trust the EFL to do the right thing, and I hope SISU are working effectively behind the scenes to ensure our interests are not compromised.
It’s up to the clubs to vote rather than the EFL?

Sky Blue Pete

So your solution is ........ no less an achievement for me the last 10 games we have been bloody brilliant and will deserve all the plaudits offered

skybluebeast

you were saying not long ago that the season needed to carry on, now you need it cancelling, make up your mind
Mate actually read what I said.
This needs to carry on, it’s laughable that they’re willing to cancel the EFL but carry on the PL. Its either safe to play football or it’s not.

skybluebeast

So your solution is ........ no less an achievement for me the last 10 games we have been bloody brilliant and will deserve all the plaudits offered
Solution is to play games behind closed doors streaming games for us to watch.
We cancel this season to start the new one when? What happens when we have a spike again next year, we cancel that season too?

skybluebeast

An empty victory? Haha fuck off mate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thanks for your well rounded comment. Tell me would these professional athletes who are competitive to the end rather have a league title with an asterix next to it or one in which they were able to complete the season?

Users who are viewing this thread