CET: Ricoh talks back on "It's what the fans want us all to do" (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

Why are they ripping the club off? Why didn't the club do something about the rent years ago? Why weren't you lot screaming for a rent reduction last season? Sisu relegated this club to the 3rd tier and people like you are effectively slapping them on the back. Classy.

What he said.

covmark

Yes let sisu buy the ground so they can sell it on at a huge profit,who knows,our new landlord might charge us 2 million rent a year.

I dont know much about legalaties but could acl put a clause in the sale, such as future sale of the ricoh must include ccfc, I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

torchomatic

Exactly! Recoup their money by having a more attractive club for potential new investors or owners. Without that we have nothing.

Their "bad business" was propping us up.

No it doesn't it gives SISU greater leverage to recoup their money, which they have lost through bad business.

The last thing in the world we want is SISU to get their hands on the arena.

torchomatic

There won't be anybody out there looking to buy a club without a ground who pay an exorbitant rent for the privilege of entertaining roughly 9000 people every fortnight. If the club owned the ground then there probably would be genuine interest.

Still, you may get your way yet and ACL may wind us up. If they do you'd better hurry up and snap up the few remaining tickets for Psychic Sally, that'll be your entertainment in 12 months time.

http://www.ricoharena.com/entertainment/entertainment-events/psychic-sally/

I thought you said there was nobody out there? Make your mind up.

Brighton Sky Blue

There won't be anybody out there looking to buy a club without a ground who pay an exorbitant rent for the privilege of entertaining roughly 9000 people every fortnight. If the club owned the ground then there probably would be genuine interest.

Still, you may get your way yet and ACL may wind us up. If they do you'd better hurry up and snap up the few remaining tickets for Psychic Sally, that'll be your entertainment in 12 months time.

Then we would have Tim 'Rushin' to Rushden' Fisher to thank.

LastGarrison

Exactly! Recoup their money by having a more attractive club for potential new investors or owners. Without that we have nothing.

Their "bad business" was propping us up.

But you assume that by them owning the stadium they will do their best for the club.

Who's to say that if they got hold of the stadium they wouldn't just stick the club (which loses them money) into admin and concentrate on making the Arena a profitable business for them?

You are talking from a fan point of view of what you think would be nice to happen and not considering what a asset stripping hedge fund might do once they got their hands on what they really wanted.

Bar the top couple of clubs no-one makes money out of a football club and their aim has been the Ricoh all along.

Otis

Why? You think there will no CCFC? There quite plainly would be, albeit possibly at a much lower level. If we all love our club, which I believe we do, we would surely be behind a new CCFC out of ths ashes. Not saying that's what most people want, but all the talk of no club at all is just scaremongering.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Grendel

Torch there are plenty of investors out there that will come forward when the time is right.
I would take admin today!!!
Sisu won't liquidate because it would devalue their investment !!!
The sooner admin comes the better then Sisu will have to except a realistic loss on their investment.
Sisu have only themselves to blame why are you always their torch carrier !!!

At last you admit it you want the club to go bust.

Are you a troll or just a fool?

I suspect the latter.

Grendel

Why? You think there will no CCFC? There quite plainly would be, albeit possibly at a much lower level. If we all love our club, which I believe we do, we would surely be behind a new CCFC out of ths ashes. Not saying that's what most people want, but all the talk of no club at all is just scaremongering.

Any club created from liquidation would play in the non league and attract a handful of fans. It would be the end of the real club.

Otis

Any club created from liquidation would play in the non league and attract a handful of fans. It would be the end of the real club.

Sorry, but that is a matter of opinion. It would still be CCFC to me and to many thousands of others. Wouldn't be just a handful going either. Would expect we would get at least 2,000 for home games. Does surprise me somewhat that some on here would seemingly just say it's the end and wash their hands of the club. Of course it would still be Coventry City and of course it would still be our club. Whatever happened to 'I'm City til I Die?' :confused:

ICHAN

Deepdown would anyone really want CCFC to seize to exist, after all these years of generations of fans following, just to wish SISU get shit on and the club went out of existance??
If anyone would, then I really do feel low as a fan of CCFC, where someone who supports their team, would want them to possibly go out of existance after all the history and memories of thousands of fans over the years, for the sake of some owners who are no worse, than the incompetant idiots, who have owned us before and overspent for years upon years and who basically put the nail in the coffin when we left Highfield Road.

Otis

Deepdown would anyone really want CCFC to seize to exist, after all these years of generations of fans following, just to wish SISU get shit on and the club went out of existance??
If anyone would, then I really do feel low as a fan of CCFC, where someone who supports their team, would want them to possibly go out of existance after all the history and memories of thousands of fans over the years, for the sake of some owners who are no worse, than the incompetant idiots, who have owned us before and overspent for years upon years and who basically put the nail in the coffin when we left Highfield Road.
To be fair, they are a very small minority who would want us to rip everything up and start again. A lot of us though do believe that should the worst happen, Coventry City would still live on.

Godiva

To be fair, they are a very small minority who would want us to rip everything up and start again. A lot of us though do believe that should the worst happen, Coventry City would still live on.

That's surely a contradiction. If the worst happen, Coventry City will cease to exist.
Unless you meant ... live on in our memories.

WillieStanley

I think he meant in name. We are Coventry City... Wimbledon FC ceased to exist, but Wimbledon lives on through AFC Wimbledon.

torchomatic

I doubt it. Although it is a minority, when I read "We should go into Admin" or "I would rather the club go bust than ACL give in" it does make me very said. Then we have those who say once the club passes the city boundaries then it's not CCFC anymore. What if any potential new club had to play outside the city, oh, I don't know....Ryton for example, what would the fan base be like then? There would be a club but it wouldn't be Coventry City.

Otis

That's surely a contradiction. If the worst happen, Coventry City will cease to exist.
Unless you meant ... live on in our memories.

Of course it would live on. Are you telling me that AFC Wimbledon fans don't believe they are Wimbledon? They do, because they are. We WOULD still be Coventry City and would still be the Sky Blues. Ask Nuneaton fans if they are Town or Boro!

dongonzalos

If you built a decent hotel and did concerts once a month. Would SISU need a loss making football club. This is if they get ACL out of the way.
A club that the fans of which hate SISU I also get the feeling that is mutual. How many times has Joy spoke to us.

If that failed, sell it off to a property developer.

Surely that is the only way SISU can recoup some of the loses.

You may say the council will never let it happen.

Once the football club has gone. How can the council block a project that will regenerate that side of the city.

Planned relegation, might not be up there with NASA

skyblueman

If you built a decent hotel and did concerts once a month. Would SISU need a loss making football club. This is if they get ACL out of the way.
A club that the fans of which hate SISU I also get the feeling that is mutual. How many times has Joy spoke to us.

Once the football club has gone. How can the council block a project that will regenerate that side of the city.

SISU won't get the stadium - if they had that sort of money available to invest in it they would have by now - they were hoping to fund it by getting back to the PL and it failed - badly - and their losses are huge - they cannot fund it any more

SISU will probably go soon enough - it's the fall-out from that which worries me

fernandopartridge

Cyril, I know you are not stupid. However for SISU to tell you they are now negotiating because it is what the fans want. Then they think you and I, are that stupid, that we would swallow that.
This shows you what they think we will and won't believe.
Torch that is why I am insulted.

You're supposed to be a grown man ffs.

fernandopartridge

Where would they find the artists to sustain one concert per month then?

Would this be in the stadium or hall?

Where is the demand for a decent hotel? Who would want to stay nearby? Who would come up with the capital to build it?

Grendel

It doesnt have to be concerts, exhibitions make plenty of money.

Coventry is in short supply of Hotels.

Exhibitions are not effected by the club anyway.

Coventry is short of people wanting to stop here.

Otis

Many people on here seem to know better what's going on than Higgs, ACL, Sisu and the council put together. They also know there are no hidden investors and how to change the bedsheets and deal with hotel inspectors.

They're also probably good at quantum physics.

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

All the hotels are rubbish in Coventry and there isn't much to choose from. Then again I see no reason why there would be a demand for hotel accommodation in the city.

Brighton Sky Blue

All the hotels are rubbish in Coventry and there isn't much to choose from. Then again I see no reason why there would be a demand for hotel accommodation in the city.

The Ricoh hotel has a fair bit of use when conferences/concerts/miscellaneous events are held there though surely?

Users who are viewing this thread