CET: Ricoh talks back on "It's what the fans want us all to do" (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

skY BLUEs: `iT's WHaT THE Fans WanT Us aLL To Do'

COVENTRY City have entered back into negotiations with the Ricoh Arena in a bid to thrash out a deal on their rent.
Sky Blues chiefs had ramped up their threat to quit the stadium and find a “more affordable home“ this week, casting their net far and wide in search of an alternative ground to play their fixtures.

The Telegraph exclusively revealed yesterday that the club have been looking at the vacant Nene Park 45 miles away in Northamptonshire * former home of Rushden and Diamonds before they went bust * and understands that club chiefs looked round the mothballed site on Friday. And although the 6,500 capacity ground doesn't necessarily fit the bill, a host of other venues are believed to have been considered including Hinckley United, with a view to ground sharing.

City said yesterday that the club had, “commenced the sensible process of making contact with other football clubs to evaluate if their stadiums meet our requirements should negotiations with ACL fail to reach a mutually agreed position on the rent with the result that CCFC is forced to move away from the Ricoh to a new venue.“

We exclusively revealed on Saturday that the club turned down the latest deal from the stadium firm who offered to cut the £1.28million annual rent by 67 per cent to £400,000 and give City ten years to repay the £1.1m arrears as well as a chance to take matchday revenue from refreshments.

In response to that an online Telegraph poll this week revealed a massive 91 per cent of supporters want the club to accept the latest offer on the table.

And last night a Coventry City FC spokesman revealed: “Happily, we are now talking with ACL. It is clear that this is what the fans want us all to do.

“However, whilst these talks are ongoing it wouldn't be right for us to make any statements or to comment on any aspect of the situation. “ ACL have already issued a statutory demand for the arrears, giving the club until Boxing Day to pay. If they fail to meet the deadline the Sky Blues, bankrolled by Sisu for the last five years, would have to declare themselves insolvent of face a winding up order.

Otis

And last night a Coventry City FC spokesman revealed: “Happily, we are now talking with ACL. It is clear that this is what the fans want us all to do.

Not shit Sherlock. :facepalm:

cyril

I think they have shares in the CET. Hahahaha
I think honestly SISU have finally got their finger on the pulse.
BACK THEM!!!!!

coundonskyblue

Fisher is going to look a bit foolish when he has to go grovelling back to acl after all his strong man talk.

Lets hope the 67% offer is still on the table.

cyril

Really? Jesus. Why so anti fisher. We all know it'll be 300 k,
We all knew it would be.
Well played Tim Fisher.

UNCLE MONTY

This was always their plan. Pure politics and brinkmanship. Now when they accept the deal it's "what the fans want". What a load of cock. Just sign the deal and let's get back to playing footy and climbing the table.

coundonskyblue

<p>
Really? Jesus. Why so anti fisher. We all know it'll be 300 k,</p>
<p>We all knew it would be.</p>
<p>Well played Tim Fisher.

From a purely negotiating point of view, why will it be £300k? All Fisher has done is prove that there is no alternative.

coundonskyblue

<p>
Was fishy quoted in the CET regarding nene park the other day?

He was quoted as saying the club will look for a more affordable home.

He was the one who tried to blackmail acl by threatening to leave, now its been proven that they can't leave, he looks foolish.

cyril

The answers is no. Also maybe by speculating nene park ( an unused prefab ground) could it have shown ACL that without football they're fucked. Bit like whoever owns nene park. On a different scale of course

coundonskyblue

<p>
The answers is no. Also maybe by speculating nene park ( an unused prefab ground) could it have shown ACL that without football they're fecked. Bit like whoever owns nene park. On a different scale of course
So are you saying fisher didn't state the club would look for alternative grounds?

D

Deleted member 4232

Fingers crossed we get some good news. There's only so many times I can watch saturdays goals to distract myself from this all.

coundonskyblue

<p>
No. And why have you asked me an unrelated question to the quote?

Well you did it to me. At no point in this thread did I mention nene park. On cwr though fisher clearly said the club would look at alternative grounds if the rent deal wasn't sorted.

cyril

Sorry confused me there. All I said was no direct quote from fisher regarding nene park in the original article
That's not to say fishy didn't leak the story

Sub

well it is news thursday tommorow so it will good news or bad news ? my guess it will be no news story in the telegraph again :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

Grendel

<p>

From a purely negotiating point of view, why will it be £300k? All Fisher has done is prove that there is no alternative.

Despite his clumsy attempts at PR if he gets a £900k reduction in rent which all predecessors paid he will have done well by any commercial measurement.

cyril

Despite his clumsy attempts at PR if he gets a £900k reduction in rent which all predecessors paid he will have done well by any commercial measurement.
He has the poisoned chalice. Hes there to be shot down. We cannot keep blaming him for past mistakes when clearly he's getting a handle on things.
Hopefully we can all move forward now

coundonskyblue

<p>

The extra £100k he is after is equal to about an extra 300 people at each game. His handling of this situation has probably wiped that off the gate anyway. Remember with ffp £100k earned is better than £100k saved. Money saved can't be spent on players.

cyril

<p>

The extra £100k he is after is equal to about an extra 300 people at each game. His handling of this situation has probably wiped that off the gate anyway. Remember with ffp £100k earned is better than £100k saved. Money saved can't be spent on players.

Oh. Come on. I reckon 50% of the support felt we were being ripped off. Why would anyone use that as an excuse not to go and watch??

torchomatic

Simple really. To become rich you have to earn more than you spend. If we get the ground for a lot less than we pay for it now then SISU will have cut our overheads. Result.

ashbyjan

In an acrimonious negotiation like this there are never winners and losers and its not about winners and losers its about the survival of our club. If Fisher gets the club a lower rent and the saving is used to balance the books and making us a viable business then it can only be a good thing. The fact they are talking appears a good thing but it does depend on how constructive the talks are and the willingness of the parties to reach an agreement. Hopefully its not just empty PR and there is an end coming for this dispute and its not just more smoke and mirrors.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
before we get carried away...... these are only talks, nothing has been agreed ......... but talking would stop the clock on the statutory demand i believe, if the talks break down it restarts.

My guess is that they have also been unable to find a viable alternative ground and perhaps the FL have said they wont sanction the move.

As for taking notice of the fans ...... perhaps I am being a little cynical when thinking that will make a change

That said it has to be a positive that they are talking

smileycov

Facebook User
Surely it would make commercial sense for ACL to agree the 300k rent say, then give time for us to pay the arears and link any promotion in with rent increase?

I truly believe we need to be at the Ricoh for ACL so they may have to take step back to ensure long term gain.

Users who are viewing this thread