Certain players frailties were exposed today - Mowbray (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Seems to me that McSheffrey gets more abuse as he comes from Cov. Always someone ready to have a moan about him, maybe expectations were set too high on his return.

I think that Burge is better than he was at the start of the season. I didn't know he came from Cov.

Tbf, I don't think he does come from Cov, but he's come through the ranks from a young age, meaning he's one of our own.

Rusty Trombone

Tbf, I don't think he does come from Cov, but he's come through the ranks from a young age, meaning he's one of our own.

Just had a look, he was born in Hereford. That's a relief, we can now be free to says he's either good or rubbish without the 'came from Cov' row. Phew. :)

stupot07

Seems to me that McSheffrey gets more abuse as he comes from Cov. Always someone ready to have a moan about him, maybe expectations were set too high on his return.

Completely agree with that. Also jordan clarke and conor thomas have had unfair stick at times. I would say being a Cov kid adds expectations rather than shields players from criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

Just had a look, he was born in Hereford. That's a relief, we can now be free to says he's either good or rubbish without the 'came from Cov' row. Phew. :)

What do you think the reaction would have been on here had Alsopp delivered a performance like Burge did yesterday?

Brighton Sky Blue

“It was educational for me because games like this expose the frailties of certain individuals. It asks questions and it was quite raw to see the ones who wanted to play and do what we do and the ones who find it difficult on that pitch".

He mentioned this about three times in the radio interview after the game, but the chap interviewing stuck to his scripted questions rather than probing any further. Seeing as he took Barton off I imagine he was one (and he has his own thread), but who were the others, and why didn't he take them off.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...news/mowbray-looks-ahead-huge-crawley-9119077

This isn't the first time it's happened under him though? Doncaster was just as bad if not worse.

rupert_bear

Talking of Leigh Burge the best thing this week is to lay off him, let TM put his arm round his shoulder and give him a boost we need him right for Sunday, because of Steve Waggott he is all we have got.

Rusty Trombone

What do you think the reaction would have been on here had Alsopp delivered a performance like Burge did yesterday?

I think the expectations of Alsopp were higher as he came from a higher league team, and also he came as part of the deal that took our star player away, which maybe made a few people, me included expect more from him. Also Burge had a nightmare at the Worcester game, and as he's our only realistic first choice keeper now, I think people, me included, are willing to give him less of a hard time in the hope that he comes good.

So, this said, I think any Alsopp reaction would have been mixed, but probably overall harsher criticism for the reasons mentioned.

Rusty Trombone

This isn't the first time it's happened under him though? Doncaster was just as bad if not worse.

I guess he thinks the players he keeps on the pitch are still the best chance we have of getting a result, despite having reservations about them. I can only think he kept Nouble on the basis that he thought there was still a small chance he would show some of his capabilities, rather than put someone else on who he doesn't really rate at all.

Brighton Sky Blue

I guess he thinks the players he keeps on the pitch are still the best chance we have of getting a result, despite having reservations about them. I can only think he kept Nouble on the basis that he thought there was still a small chance he would show some of his capabilities, rather than put someone else on who he doesn't really rate at all.

At Chesterfield and Fleetwood Nouble showed when he could be bothered he was willing to chase down defenders and induce mistakes. Sadly the exception rather than the rule.

Skyblueweeman

Talking of Leigh Burge the best thing this week is to lay off him, let TM put his arm round his shoulder and give him a boost we need him right for Sunday, because of Steve Waggott he is all we have got.

Saw him on the way out of the ground yesterday. Looked gutted.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Completely agree with that. Also jordan clarke and conor thomas have had unfair stick at times. I would say being a Cov kid adds expectations rather than shields players from criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I'm not so sure, lots of players have been protected by the status. Either that, or we're just really bad judge of characters when it comes to home grown players.

Montgomery. We thought he was decent when he played for us. His next club was a cricket club. We really finished his career, so much so he completely changed sport after he left us :D

Ashley Cain. Had pace and would run at the opposition. More recently been on the books of Cov Sphinx when he's not appearing on MTV on some beach somewhere.

Kevin Thornton. Was he really that good to warrant playing so many games? Another who dropped down leagues quicker than a sack of spuds falls to the ground. Some fans still kept calling for him to be played.

Quirke (Michael was it? So good, I've forgot!). Another home grown keeper who we rated. Did he ever get another club after leaving us?

4waspsting

I see the club are selling shirts with c**t on the back is this in aid of the fans for turning up at match's or does it apply to the whole squad

Users who are viewing this thread