Certain players frailties were exposed today - Mowbray (1 Viewer)

Rusty Trombone

“It was educational for me because games like this expose the frailties of certain individuals. It asks questions and it was quite raw to see the ones who wanted to play and do what we do and the ones who find it difficult on that pitch".

He mentioned this about three times in the radio interview after the game, but the chap interviewing stuck to his scripted questions rather than probing any further. Seeing as he took Barton off I imagine he was one (and he has his own thread), but who were the others, and why didn't he take them off.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...news/mowbray-looks-ahead-huge-crawley-9119077

Gazolba

I'm sure Lee Burge must be one of those 'certain players'.

letsallsingtogether

I'm sure Lee Burge must be one of those 'certain players'.

Saved us a few times this season, and he is not the one giving the ball away cheaply then watching the opposition run through us like they were invisible.

LJC_CCFC

Lee Burge was at fault for the first two goals today as he has been on several other occasions this season. Yes he's young, but this should never be used as an excuse for first team footballers.

covcity4life

Yay mowbray knows burge is shit for the most part and only cov fans who love academy players think he's good.

Well done moggy

Also stokes Barton prob need to move on too.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Lee Burge was at fault for the first two goals today as he has been on several other occasions this season. Yes he's young, but this should never be used as an excuse for first team footballers.

he was all over the shop on their 3rd to but lets be fair its the first time his had a complete horror show in recent months he can be forgiven 1 horrendous game. you never know he might make a last second save next sunday to keep us up

chinamans view

TM should say all of the players frailties have been shown today, but he can only work with what SP left him don't forget.

simonregis

I'm not one for blaming individuals as football is a collective sport and you win together or lose together, but, having JOB as player of the year for many supporters clubs takes the biscuit. JOB is an amazingly likeable person and his commitment is second to none but having that kind of player, with few skills other than desire is an embarrassment to the others. Other players should feel ashamed that JOB was the best 'player' atour club.

Otis

“It was educational for me because games like this expose the frailties of certain individuals. It asks questions and it was quite raw to see the ones who wanted to play and do what we do and the ones who find it difficult on that pitch".

He mentioned this about three times in the radio interview after the game, but the chap interviewing stuck to his scripted questions rather than probing any further. Seeing as he took Barton off I imagine he was one (and he has his own thread), but who were the others, and why didn't he take them off.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...news/mowbray-looks-ahead-huge-crawley-9119077

Pennington was injured, so that narrowed his options greatly. Burge and Fleck perhaps and without any shadow of a doubt whatsoever, Frank Nouble! What a waste of talent that bloke is. :(

Macca

So clear out the shit to be replaced with more shit unless the owners start changing their tactics

Otis

So clear out the shit to be replaced with more shit unless the owners start changing their tactics

We need to do a loan cull too. Too many loan players this season.

Also, hard to assess just how much was down to SP bringing in poor players and how much is down to him not been backed by the board.

simonregis

We need to do a loan cull too. Too many loan players this season.

Also, hard to assess just how much was down to SP bringing in poor players and how much is down to him not been backed by the board.

Love you to bits Otis but why do people keep harping on about loan players. Every club in the land outside the premier has loan players and its of no surprise that the young British talent coming through the ranks and amking a name for themselves have been out on loan, Kane, Henderson and Grealish to name a few. Loan players are like new signings, if you chose well and the kid has a hunger and desire then they are a good option.

phildownunder

Love you to bits Otis but why do people keep harping on about loan players. Every club in the land outside the premier has loan players and its of no surprise that the young British talent coming through the ranks and amking a name for themselves have been out on loan, Kane, Henderson and Grealish to name a few. Loan players are like new signings, if you chose well and the kid has a hunger and desire then they are a good option.

I think Otis was referring to there being too many loan players rather than wanting none and I think he is spot on.

Fielding a side, nearly half of whom are loanees as we have consistently done this season is a bad policy. Surely that is self evident.

Otis

I think Otis was referring to there being too many loan players rather than wanting none and I think he is spot on.

Fielding a side, nearly half of whom are loanees as we have consistently done this season is a bad policy. Surely that is self evident.

Yeah, exactly. Nothing against loan plays per se, but I am talking about numbers. 2 or 3 loan players can enhance the squad for sure, but when you have 7 or 8, then I think that can be quite disruptive.

Terry Gibson's perm

It doesn't help when the players that are ours contracts are about as long as the loan players , although it may help get rid of some of them in the summer.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Problem with Burge is we have no one else, so we're gonna have to build him up as Gordon Banks this week and hope he plays a stormer.

I think Tudgay is almost certain to come back in if fit, not sure who else. Willis will probably come In at RB if fit. Can't see him starting Maddison in a game of this magnitude. Other than that its going to be mostly the same team that let us down yesterday

torchomatic

Lee Burge for me today wasn't up to the job. Watching the goals on the FLS confirmed it.

Nouble

Barton

rupert_bear

I have sort of supported Leigh Burge since he was thrown in at the deep end and has had see us through the remainder of the season. I blamed him for the first two goals yesterday but in fairness when i saw the second goal on replay he was badly certainly impeded inside the 6 yard box for the second, having said that his general goalkeeping yesterday was all over the shop. I thought the right back Aaron Phillips was awful and should have been taken off a lot earlier than he was.

Nick

Administrator
Just watched the goals on FLS.

1st Goal - Dodgy Right back / Keeper
2nd Goal - Could possibly have been a foul / dodgy keeping
3rd Goal - Nouble nowhere to be seen down the left

Thankfully it didn't show them nearly scoring direct from a corner.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just watched the goals on FLS.

1st Goal - Dodgy Right back / Keeper
2nd Goal - Could possibly have been a foul / dodgy keeping
3rd Goal - Nouble nowhere to be seen down the left

Thankfully it didn't show them nearly scoring direct from a corner.

I don't think I can watch it and have been avoiding Sky sports news as well.

Sick Boy

Lee Burge for me today wasn't up to the job. Watching the goals on the FLS confirmed it.

Nouble

Barton

Totally agree. Still can't believe there are those trying to make out he's good enough. He'll probably find his level in the conference.

Nick

Administrator
Burge gets let off because he is a "kid". Isn't Barton only a year or two older but gets hammered?

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, exactly. Nothing against loan plays per se, but I am talking about numbers. 2 or 3 loan players can enhance the squad for sure, but when you have 7 or 8, then I think that can be quite disruptive.

Not to mention the huge number in total over the course of the season. What was it, something like 15? Crazy stuff. That kind of short-termism is going to lead to a lack of continuity and a proliferation of disinterested players.

And for all Pressley's faults, he didn't want loans as he wanted committed players and to build a side. Oops...

Great_Expectations

But Burge is protected by the 'Cov kid' status. Same as Sheff was always protected by.

McSheffrey is the best example of this, numerous bad performances were met with numerous excuses by fans unwilling to admit the truth. I won't go into the embarrassingly ridiculous cheering his goal AGAINST us.

To a degree, home grown players should receive a level of protection from the fans, we all want 'our own' to succeed. Add to that the general assumption that, because they are Cov kids, they are "one of us" and it is evident why, as fans, we have more of an affiliation with HG players.

Irrespective though, they should not be immune to criticism where it is justified.

Rusty Trombone

But Burge is protected by the 'Cov kid' status. Same as Sheff was always protected by.

Seems to me that McSheffrey gets more abuse as he comes from Cov. Always someone ready to have a moan about him, maybe expectations were set too high on his return.

I think that Burge is better than he was at the start of the season. I didn't know he came from Cov.

Users who are viewing this thread