Central America (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm going on a work trip to the US in a few weeks and have booked myself two weeks afterwards. Going to go away and get some sun, maybe go back packing somewhere different.

Was thinking Central America. Has anyone been before? Wondering if anyone has some advice or tips. In desperate need of a break.

Mcbean

Be careful as Covid is pretty rampant in some parts ( Brasil) have been there but not lately

Grendel

Sorry to be pedantic but Brazil is not in Central America.

It certainly is - the only place you can drink 10 pints and drive with no risk of prosecution

Liquid Gold

Avoid El Salvador and Honduras if you worry about safety. Avoid Panama if you don't want to somewhere that is like a US state.

Costa Rica is best.

LastGarrison

I’ve never been, although would love to, but was with an ex-colleague of mine the other week who travelled Central America and she says by far her favourite country in the region was Nicaragua.

Also, gave shout outs to Costa Rica and Guatemala.

Kieranp96

Not central america and it sucks for hiking but go the caymen islands its amazing hot asf and the water is amazing, stayed at seafire hotel on the beach a few years ago but costly at £400 pn.

CJ_covblaze

I’ve always found Jamaica excellent in that part of the world. Cuba too was a very interesting place and we’ll worth a visit. Both offered great value for money and experiences. Not sure how the pandemic has changed things though.

skyblue1991

Been to Aruba before, lovely Carribbean island albeit a bit expensive in parts. Not overly active though but you'll have no problems with weather as it lies outside the hurricane belt. Covid may have changed things though as others have said

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

We've been to Costa Rica. It's a beautiful country with lots of interesting wildlife.
Never been there but son and wife have a few times. They love it so much they plan to go out and live there in a few years.

CJ_covblaze

Never been there but son and wife have a few times. They love it so much they plan to go out and live there in a few years.

I first thought you meant your wife. Was very confused for a minute!

Users who are viewing this thread