Ccfc transfer rumours (1 Viewer)

steve82

A place for this summers linked players...
1st up is Stevie Mallan of Barnsley. Don’t see this one myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

He's an attacking central midfielder isn't he? I'd say that's somewhere, with Bayliss, Andreu and Westbrook we're pretty sorted on.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Yeh I think he is, was just a thought. Was their best player for the majority of the game.
I thought the same, would definitely be interested in him if he was available, more so if (I hope I'm wrong but it seems impossible to keep hold of him) if Bayliss leaves. We have Andreu there but he has been out for nearly a year and is nearing 30 whilst I imagine Westbrook will be a slow to bed in and one for the future style player. Not an essential signing, but would be happy if it went through.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’d quite like Boateng from Exeter, looked a good forceful player.

I personally thought Kelly and Doyle dominated the midfield, any signings in centre midfield have to be an option better than Kelly and Doyle. We've looked unstoppable since we've played Bayliss, Kelly, Doyle and Shipley in the midfield four.

Tommo72

I personally thought Kelly and Doyle dominated the midfield, any signings in centre midfield have to be an option better than Kelly and Doyle. We've looked unstoppable since we've played Bayliss, Kelly, Doyle and Shipley in the midfield four.

Boateng looked a menace for a good 25 mins in the first half and for me, looked the only player likely to make anything happen for much of the game.

Mucca Mad Boys

Boateng looked a menace for a good 25 mins in the first half and for me, looked the only player likely to make anything happen for much of the game.

Definitely a presence, but to say he was a menace is a bit of a stretch tbh. The only player I was concerned about was Stockley, who won just about every aerial duel in the first half. In all honesty, we did completely shut them out, limiting them to long shots.

Would I sign him? Nope. Would likely require a fee, and I’m not even sure he’d suit our system or is better than what we already have.

I’d definitely take a punt on Stockley if we had the opportunity to sign him. Again, very unlikely.

luwalla

shipley frustrated the hell out of me for large parts of the season, with his lack of commitment or ability to tackle, and Kelly did the same with his seemingly reluctance to go forward ( bit of a Sammy sideways earlier in the season I thought ) but they deffo seemed to have got the balance right as the season has drawn to and end. With kelly playing alongside Doyle we have the steel in midfield & kelly seems to have got forward more too, then Bayliss & shipley have the drive forward.

rupert_bear

shipley frustrated the hell out of me for large parts of the season, with his lack of commitment or ability to tackle, and Kelly did the same with his seemingly reluctance to go forward ( bit of a Sammy sideways earlier in the season I thought ) but they deffo seemed to have got the balance right as the season has drawn to and end. With kelly playing alongside Doyle we have the steel in midfield & kelly seems to have got forward more too, then Bayliss & shipley have the drive forward.
Lack of commitment or ability ? He’s 19 and in his first full season ffs!He’s one of our best players

SlowerThanPlatt

Few Lincoln fans saying we bid for their midfielder Alex Woodyard but didn’t meet his release clause (£225k). Peterborough have met it apparently and he’s signing for them

Woodyard

ceetee

I’d quite like Boateng from Exeter, looked a good forceful player.
He has made it into the EFL "Team of the Play-offs". That's not just L2 but L1 and Championship too. McNulty, Grimmer and Mark Robbins were selected from CCFC

Grendel

Lack of commitment- Christ.

Mucca Mad Boys

Shipley is so underrated and goes under the radar a bit because he’s in Tom ‘Golden Boy’ Bayliss’ shadow. He’s 21 in September and has only made about 7 more appearances (1 more start), yet, has the same amount as goals as Bayliss. He does give the ball away with that first time pass he does when tucked in from his wing — but he’s still improving! Shipley has made most of his starts on the wing too, when he’s a centre-mid by trade, so he’s due a lot of credit.

On Monday, he was brilliant, took his goal well, and denied another by a great save! I had a pretty good view of that and it was about as close as can be — all credit to their GK preventing it going 3-0 before Grimmer’s goal.

Bayliss undoubtedly has got more talent and potential than Shipley, but Shipley will develop too and is someone who can help drive the club on. He’s definitely good enough for L1.

Mucca Mad Boys

regardless we did not look unstoppable with this midfield 4 as someone said earlier

We beat Cheltenham 6-1, Notts County 4-1 (only their 3rd loss at home) and Exeter 3-1. We seemed to change to a quasi-diamond/flat 4 in midfield against Cheltenham (after the Lincoln loss) and haven’t lost since.

luwalla

Lack of commitment- Christ.

I was referring to a lack of commitment to make a tackle... nothing else. maybe that got lost in translation , as certainly dont mean in general.. put the knives away ;)

I dont believe he tackles enough for a midfielder, its a part of his game I think he needs to work on... thats all
that said, I appreciate everyone games are different & if Doyle & kelly are doing that while he does the creative bit then it works.. which was the overall point of my post.

covcity4life

We beat Cheltenham 6-1, Notts County 4-1 (only their 3rd loss at home) and Exeter 3-1. We seemed to change to a quasi-diamond/flat 4 in midfield against Cheltenham (after the Lincoln loss) and haven’t lost since.
ahh so your talking change in formation just just when these 4 are on pitch then

SlowerThanPlatt

Wonder if it'll be a summer of big Steve Evans scuppering every deal squeaky Robins tries to push through

Just think it’s a case of Peterborough having more money to spend. Woodyard turned down Ipswich to join them apparently so they must have offered a very decent wage

Liquid Gold

Wonder if it'll be a summer of big Steve Evans scuppering every deal squeaky Robins tries to push through
If that's the case then he should be getting word out that he's going to pick up Turnbull, Bigirimana and Gadzhev while he's desperately trying to keep Beavon and Vincenti

Malaka

Personally, I would not mess about too much. I think that there is very little difference between league one and two. Our kids are more experienced now and too many changes could upset the balance of the changing room.
I expect us to have a slow start and gain momentum as next season goes on and I really think that we will be thereabouts and in the mix come the business end of the season.

vow

Few Lincoln fans saying we bid for their midfielder Alex Woodyard but didn’t meet his release clause (£225k). Peterborough have met it apparently and he’s signing for them

Woodyard
Gone to Posh, Fatty got in there before Squeeky. Shame that, as I could see him being a long term replacement for Doyle (if we could afford him at around £225k).

SBAndy

Could that free up Anthony Grant for a move? I'd definitely take him, always impressed me when I've seen him play.

Users who are viewing this thread